Recommend me a SSD and NAS for 6 years old PC

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I will be buying new PC at the end of the year.
The problem that I face now is my 1TB start acting weird with data corruption and my 120GB Agility SSD don't have enough space for gaming.

So the components I'm buying will be for the current and future PC.

WTB: 1TB or more HDD, prefer NAS. Looking for a reliable piece that can last long.

WTB: SSD 250G approx. Will be doing a lot of torrenting.

The wife won't be happy if I spend too much money. So looking S$200 for both harddisk, prefer long warranty.

Thanks =:p

Psycovirus

Reaction score
  • Sandisk SSD Plus 240G - $125
  • TOSHIBA 2TB 7200/64MB/SATA3 2yrs - $88
  • OR TOSHIBA 1TB 7200/64MB/SATA3 2yrs $63

Quoted from SLS Best Bargain..

Last edited:

Allanlee82

Reaction score
you know you can use the nas for torrenting?
getting a nas + toshiba hdd will be at over your budget ($200+ for a 2 bay nas and $200 for 2x 2tb toshiba hdd = $400)
$200 only can get you a sandisk ssd + toshiba hdd

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still prefer NAS type hdd for torrenting and storage as I will download when the PC is on. I'd made a mistake for using SSD to torrent few years ago. >.<

Toshiba 2TB price looks good. Will highly consider, have to slightly bump my budget. :)
Just ordered EVO 250G from Qoo10. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.