Where are the monitors brochures?

betaunknown

Reaction score
Yes it can. But the bits and nits spec is not good enough for a true 4k experience. It is however compensated by the HDR feature. It's native resolution is still full hd only.

Current price in Dell website at S$499.00

Thanks for responding.

So the true pixel count is 1920x1080.

What's the effect of inputting 4K over hdmi 2.0 to the monitor?

Also by nits you are referring to cd/m2?

Jamesky

Reaction score
Thanks for responding.

So the true pixel count is 1920x1080.

What's the effect of inputting 4K over hdmi 2.0 to the monitor?

Also by nits you are referring to cd/m2?

Yes. I guess enhanced?

No impact, in fact better quality. Windows will only warn that it is native to full hd. Not stopping you for making the changes.

Yes. At one point I thought I read that the nits is 400 (in other country manual).. but apparently when it appeared in SG website it was 250..

I was comparing the monitor list of dell, only the Dell S2718H monitor is described that has 6 bit + FRC.. Other 4k monitors are probably (true) 8 bit. HDR 10 should use 10 bits Dolby Vision is 12 bits.

betaunknown

Reaction score
windows recognises 4K as an EID resolution without the need for AMD/Nvidia virtual super res?

So 4K input will be downscaled to 1080p?

Yeah I noticed quite a bit of discrepancies between different marketing material..

Thanks for giving first hand information

Jamesky

Reaction score
windows recognises 4K as an EID resolution without the need for AMD/Nvidia virtual super res?

So 4K input will be downscaled to 1080p?

Yeah I noticed quite a bit of discrepancies between different marketing material..

Thanks for giving first hand information

Not sure what you meant.. What I think of this monitor is that it is marketed as a full hd monitor.. Add bells and whistles like the HDR and you have a pseudo 4k monitor. :)

ZenTape

Reaction score
Can I know which to go for Dell monitors? CEE or PCSHOW?

Thank you so much guys!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wogi now got 20% off $200 voucher. Get U2417H from cybermind in lazada at $288-$40-cc rebates. With free delivery.

Nights

Master Member
Reaction score
Any Asus, Acer, Dell, LG & Samsung monitors at the CEE or at PC show only?

dontbyteme

Reaction score
Dell S2718D

Any of the shows that have display of the new Dell S2718D with the ultra flat screen.

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
S2718H.. last it show March 2017 selling $359..

Now increase selling at $439???

Brainstorm

Reaction score
Bought my Samsung S27F350 at CEE for $258. My previous Samsung 226BW screen is turing yellow after more than 10yrs of use, so has to replace it. Was looking at Dell U2417H, but the price is $299 for a 24" screen and Samsung is cheaper with bigger 27" screen. Also we went to the Newstead store in Marina Square, they have both Samsung S27F350 and Dell U2717D placed side by side for display. The Samsung looks sharper and the colour is more lively.. So went with the cheaper option. Ha

Last edited:

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
theres a dell se2717 at $229. not sure why so cheap and the cashier say i bought the 1st unit at the CEEE.

i just hoot since my PC is not new ,wont be able to take advantage of new panels. anyone know why its not popular?

yuseiyow

Reaction score
I am buying the samsung 24 inch 24SF350 from lazada but am waiting for a lower discounted price during great singapore sale first. :o

Alex10a

Reaction score
Just visited both fairs today for monitors. Found that MBS offered better price than Suntec.
There is one issue though, you have to ask around for the price. Even at the same booth, asking different promoters will get different answers.
Price difference between MBS and Suntec is not very big, around $10-$12 cheaper only.
Just to add on, ask promoters wearing retail jacket. They are much friendly. There are some staffs wearing casual clothes,these people not keen to do sales.

Last edited:

Swiftyz

Reaction score
Just visited both fairs today for monitors. Found that MBS offered better price than Suntec.
There is one issue though, you have to ask around for the price. Even at the same booth, asking different promoters will get different answers.
Price difference between MBS and Suntec is not very big, around $10-$12 cheaper only.
Just to add on, ask promoters wearing retail jacket. They are much friendly. There are some staffs wearing casual clothes,these people not keen to do sales.

I only went to MBS, the monitors are quite cheap imo. Can't say much about suntec. The ones wearing jackets are promoters, the ones wearing casual clothes are their managers. Came across both, and can say both did well. The one wearing casual clothes could explain and recommend much better though.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
the LG ultrawide, 29UM68 worth the buy or not~? :s11:

lg-pc-show-flyer-fa-2-pg2.jpg

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The UC88 version seems like a better offer by virtue of price reduction.

But for the raw cost, UM68 looks ok.
Just take note that the vertical resolution is still same as FHD screen.

What are you upgrading from?

the LG ultrawide, 29UM68 worth the buy or not~? :s11:

lg-pc-show-flyer-fa-2-pg2.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.