The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think that's a decision on Rolex's part based on the fact that they know the vast majority of their customers wear a rollie as a status symbol. Legibility is secondary.

Reflect all the lights for maximum bling factor! :s25:

the public & rolex owners are just too easy on rolex by putting up with them.

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
the public & rolex owners are just too easy on rolex by putting up with them.

Given a choice, I rather have AR coating on the sapphire as well. Couldn't give 2 hoots abt what others see or perceive about the bling etc. Ownself wear song ok liao. :s12:

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard Rolex don't include AR as they want to make their watches shinier and more recognizable from a distance.

Ya, I heard of that theory before. They were saying that there is a distinct 'shine' of a real Rolex when seen from far.

if rolex pretends to care about performance so much, the least they can do is to add AR coating to their sapphire crystals to aid readability. even way cheaper brands can afford to do that. rolex is just short-changing their customers.

it's not as if rolex hasn't done AR coating before.

case in point: around 2010, rolex started adding AR coating to their date cyclops. not convinced? just go to any 2nd hand shop and compare.

so if they can do it on their date cyclops, wtf don't they do it for the entire crystal?

the bling factor "theory" is merely cooked up by some vainpot, "emperor's new clothes" rolex owner who cares more about bling (complete idiots imo) and consoling themselves for being ripped off by rolex, than basic performance.

being a rolex owner needn't make one blind to its faults.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given a choice, I rather have AR coating on the sapphire as well. Couldn't give 2 hoots abt what others see or perceive about the bling etc. Ownself wear song ok liao. :s12:

Wait till you see AR scratched up.
Internal also nothing much.
Don't see a difference to me.

reikizi

Reaction score
Pang O liao :D

YwjQtD6l.jpg

Sent from Planet Zi using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if rolex pretends to care about performance so much, the least they can do is to add AR coating to their sapphire crystals to aid readability. even way cheaper brands can afford to do that. rolex is just short-changing their customers.

it's not as if rolex hasn't done AR coating before.

case in point: around 2010, rolex started adding AR coating to their date cyclops. not convinced? just go to any 2nd hand shop and compare.

so if they can do it on their date cyclops, wtf don't they do it for the entire crystal?

the bling factor "theory" is merely cooked up by some vainpot, "emperor's new clothes" rolex owner who cares more about bling (complete idiots imo) and consoling themselves for being ripped off by rolex, than basic performance.

being a rolex owner needn't make one blind to its faults.

End of the day, it doesn't take them much effort for you to buy one.

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
End of the day, it doesn't take them much effort for you to buy one.

yawn. try hawking your cognitive dissonance elsewhere cos i'm a cynic. :s8: they'll be plenty of eager fan-bois to get it off my hands at a higher price in future. ;) it doesn't invalidate my observations about rolex. :s13:

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yawn. try hawking your cognitive dissonance elsewhere cos i'm a cynic. :s8: they'll be plenty of eager fan-bois to get it off my hands at a higher price in future. ;) it doesn't invalidate my observations about rolex. :s13:

Still, with all the complains you have for rolex, you still bought one right?
Lol

Why not email rolex your concern and see what they say?
I would really like to see their reply.
Or maybe they invite you to their factory for a tour on why they choose not to have AR on their crystals.

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still, with all the complains you have for rolex, you still bought one right?
Lol

Why not email rolex your concern and see what they say?
I would really like to see their reply.
Or maybe they invite you to their factory for a tour on why they choose not to have AR on their crystals.

re-read my post. lol.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Swee. How you safeguard your watches in cagmp? I think my first ICT I just wear SKX sua lol.

I wore my smart watches during ICT field exercise. Can read notification without taking out my phone. Wear any watches during non field training days.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Swee. How you safeguard your watches in camp? I think my first ICT I just wear SKX sua lol.

I wear them. It's always with me.
Or I put them in my cupboard and lock them.
I use armory padlock to lock them lol
Kope them during my active days.
Next week outfield wear gshock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.