MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

bkchng

Master Member
Reaction score
There is an online chat but you always need to queue for a very long time. And you need to monitor the chat window to see when your turn comes, if you miss it you have to wait all over again.
They sent me a new SP4 pen without me having to return it, so it was pretty good.

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
There is an online chat but you always need to queue for a very long time. And you need to monitor the chat window to see when your turn comes, if you miss it you have to wait all over again.
They sent me a new SP4 pen without me having to return it, so it was pretty good.

Is this the chat? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

I cant find a surface specific chat

rockingdude

Reaction score
anyone found a solution to laptop sometimes not going into sleep mode when you close the cover? SUPER IRRITATING, especially when you put into your bag and then realize your battery is flat when you need to use it. Is there any app out there that will ensure laptop is put to sleep?

bump...........

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
Nothing on the screen. Yesterday the keyboard will still light up when i long press the power button or do the force shutdown button combo. Now nothing.

Maybe your power adapter is not charging your set or your battery gone.

Coupled with perhaps your set entered a failed hibernation.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
bump...........

check your updates and power management, this is resolved quite long ago.

You can check by covering ur keyboard then open it, if its still active means either you have any programs that stops it from hibernating or your keyboard is not registering it.

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Maybe your power adapter is not charging your set or your battery gone.

Coupled with perhaps your set entered a failed hibernation.

Tried charging in 2 different places. Still no go.

the adapter has a light when connected to the SP3. So i guess it should not be the case.

Hmm. I asked shops and they said likely is a mobo issue. Must send in for check but likely repair need 200-300. Thats far too much for me.

Must start lookling for alternatives. Maybe see other brands now since the servicing for surface so hard in SG and had many problems over the 2 years i used it.

tspurs

Reaction score
Tried charging in 2 different places. Still no go.

the adapter has a light when connected to the SP3. So i guess it should not be the case.

Hmm. I asked shops and they said likely is a mobo issue. Must send in for check but likely repair need 200-300. Thats far too much for me.

Must start lookling for alternatives. Maybe see other brands now since the servicing for surface so hard in SG and had many problems over the 2 years i used it.
There are some crazy fixes that appeared to have worked for other people. Check out this thread Windows Central. http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3/379941-surface-pro-3-wont-turn-battery-driver.html

Sent from Sony SGP771 using GAGT

sdchew

Reaction score
Noticed the price of the Surface 4 Pro is significantly cheaper on Amazon US than in Singapore.

Will the local Microsoft support honour the warranty of a Amazon purchased Surface?

Apologise if this has been asked before.

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wondering how much battery life are you guys getting under normal use?

I'm getting close to 6 hours

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh okay, thanks! I thought it's my eyes that are playing on me.

Cus I followed the battery tweak from surface tip and I remembered getting about 13hrs on battery saving mode before the tweak.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
If your still under warranty, maybe best to get repair or exchange, too bad mine is out of warranty already, can only hope MS fix it with a firmware update.

For me is the problem only happen once and seem last 2 day is working fine.

As for hot issue, I do use a fan to blow at the back of the unit, I normally use it as laptop mode

oh my rm like oven if fan nt blowing directly. in those times that it heat up, i using it as laptop also.

i gt buy the extended warranty last time. urs sent for repair liao? how's it? how's the rma process like ar?

townman

Reaction score
oh my rm like oven if fan nt blowing directly. in those times that it heat up, i using it as laptop also.

i gt buy the extended warranty last time. urs sent for repair liao? how's it? how's the rma process like ar?

No, to request for repair MS charge USD29, I found this ridiculous, some more some user who got back their repair or exchange SP4 turn out getting the same issue back again, I don't want to waste $$ for something that is unknown or by luck.

Anyway, the Microsoft Forum Moderator is getting info from the affected user on this flickering problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lies&status=AllReplies&rtAction=1493859072279

My advice to those intend to buy the SP4 in coming PC Show/CEE put on hold first.

Last week I saw one of the demo set at Challenger Lot 1 store more serious than mine, the whole screen is full with horizontal line, once I touch the screen the display start shaking and turn white, if you saw it, do you dare to buy???

Check the Youtube comment below, this Daniel mention he bought in Feb this year already got the horizontal line and shaking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLKOzuwAVck

and there are more Youtube about the issue too

Last edited:

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
No, to request for repair MS charge USD29, I found this ridiculous, some more some user who got back their repair or exchange SP4 turn out getting the same issue back again, I don't want to waste $$ for something that is unknown or by luck.

Anyway, the Microsoft Forum Moderator is getting info from the affected user on this flickering problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lies&status=AllReplies&rtAction=1493859072279

My advice to those intend to buy the SP4 in coming PC Show/CEE put on hold first.

Last week I saw one of the demo set at Challenger Lot 1 store more serious than mine, the whole screen is full with horizontal line, once I touch the screen the display start shaking and turn white, if you saw it, do you dare to buy???

Check the Youtube comment below, this Daniel mention he bought in Feb this year already got the horizontal line and shaking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLKOzuwAVck

and there are more Youtube about the issue too

Omg. I bought Microsoft de extended warranty also need pay?

My sp4 bought when it was released but have been largely untouched. Recently then i started to use it more frequently. It just went haywired during use yday, with the loud buzzing n froze; had to hard shutdown. This one is cpu issue?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.