DBS Vicker Trading account & DBS Treasures

ceciltan

Reaction score
Hi

Just open DBS Vicker account today and next week, I should be joining DBS treasures.

I understand any trades done through DBS Cash upfront, the share will go to my CDP account, if I join Treasures, is it the shares will go into their custodian account instead?

Do I need to open a separate trading account with DBS treasure to enjoy no min commission trading?

shareholder

Reaction score
The dbs treasures no min commission is under dbs custodian acct, different from the vickers one.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
yea its under dbs treasures custodian account... that one is log in under ur main ibanking page ahhh

Gnoixed

Reaction score
Hi

Just open DBS Vicker account today and next week, I should be joining DBS treasures.

I understand any trades done through DBS Cash upfront, the share will go to my CDP account, if I join Treasures, is it the shares will go into their custodian account instead?

Do I need to open a separate trading account with DBS treasure to enjoy no min commission trading?

For DBS Treasures, you do not need to open a separate trading account, it automatically comes with DBS Wealth which allows you to do investment/trades. Initially, you may need to provide proof of investment experience before you are allowed to purchase any form of equities. You might want to consult your relationship manager to speed up this part of the process. Its trading platform is similiar to DBS Vickers except that equities bought through DBS treasures/wealth will be stored with DBS being your custodian instead of CDP. Not to mention that there is a recently launched app exclusive for DBS Treasures/Wealth that allows you to manage your portfolio.

And of course, the benefit is that there is no minimum commission for purchases done through DBS Treasures/Wealth. And there is an on-going promotion till July for purchases with commission above $10, you stand to get a $5 rebate which will be credited sometime later back to you.

Cheers. :)

ceciltan

Reaction score
For DBS Treasures, you do not need to open a separate trading account, it automatically comes with DBS Wealth which allows you to do investment/trades. Initially, you may need to provide proof of investment experience before you are allowed to purchase any form of equities. You might want to consult your relationship manager to speed up this part of the process. Its trading platform is similiar to DBS Vickers except that equities bought through DBS treasures/wealth will be stored with DBS being your custodian instead of CDP. Not to mention that there is a recently launched app exclusive for DBS Treasures/Wealth that allows you to manage your portfolio.

And of course, the benefit is that there is no minimum commission for purchases done through DBS Treasures/Wealth. And there is an on-going promotion till July for purchases with commission above $10, you stand to get a $5 rebate which will be credited sometime later back to you.

Cheers. :)
Thanks a lot for the clarification, so it is similar to SCB priority banking then. I oso in the process of getting into the priority customer as well.

Aiming to break up my investment portfolio into 2 different platform. Scared if only put all in one, it go belly up and I am done for.

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the clarification, so it is similar to SCB priority banking then. I oso in the process of getting into the priority customer as well.

Aiming to break up my investment portfolio into 2 different platform. Scared if only put all in one, it go belly up and I am done for.
Even if belly up the shares will be transfer to another bank... No need worry... It's different from bank deposit which protect ur 50k only

Sent from OPPO X9079 using GAGT

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
question, what if there is existing stock with cdp traded via dbs vickers (either cash or cash upfront), then subsequently open with treasures ? the stock how?

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
question, what if there is existing stock with cdp traded via dbs vickers (either cash or cash upfront), then subsequently open with treasures ? the stock how?

If u want to use the treasures platform for your existing stock, need to fill in a form to transfer... is free provided u ask ur rm for it

mrkkriss

Reaction score
Me too. Am using it, the only downside is that iwealth app is very basic.. no watchlist etc, It is only good for placing trades. The rate is fixed at 0.18% with no minimum comm and no custodian fees. So far my broker at dbs says the commission scheme is here to stay similar to SCB account. Good enough for me as i use other broker app such as poem to monitor the price or create watchlist.

however vicker's 0.12% and Poem's 0.12% cash upfront account is only until july 2017 and there's custodian fee of $2 per trade per month if you hold any stocks with them

Gnoixed

Reaction score

Treasures and Vickers are not-related. Stocks with Treasures will be with DBS, Vickers will be with CDP. :)

Gnoixed

Reaction score
Me too. Am using it, the only downside is that iwealth app is very basic.. no watchlist etc, It is only good for placing trades. The rate is fixed at 0.18% with no minimum comm and no custodian fees. So far my broker at dbs says the commission scheme is here to stay similar to SCB account. Good enough for me as i use other broker app such as poem to monitor the price or create watchlist.

however vicker's 0.12% and Poem's 0.12% cash upfront account is only until july 2017 and there's custodian fee of $2 per trade per month if you hold any stocks with them

iWealth app is relatively new which just came out this year. Give it sometime and they should add on new functionalities. :)

mrkkriss

Reaction score
Yeah hope they add stop loss, watchlist, Good till date as well. I believe they will improve it ! already ahead of SCB with iweath app

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Treasures on-line trading is 0.12% for SGX at the moment.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score

Just to clarify. Custodian fee is only for foreign stocks. Not for SGX stocks.

Many people dont use vickers for foreign stocks cuz of this fee anyway.

mrkkriss

Reaction score
Treasures on-line trading is 0.12% for SGX at the moment.

Oh didn't know they adjusted it to 0.12% ? since when? last week i traded a few was charged 0.18%

even the online portal stated this..
Singapore 0.18% No minimum Waived

mrkkriss

Reaction score
Just to clarify. Custodian fee is only for foreign stocks. Not for SGX stocks.

Many people dont use vickers for foreign stocks cuz of this fee anyway.

Stated below on their website

DBS Vickers will charge SGD 2 per stock per month and capped at SGD 150 per quarter. We will waive the custodian fee if there are at least 2 transactions per month or 6 transactions per quarter.

Please note that custodian fees will be chargeable every quarter on the 11th of January, April, July and October, or the next working day if falls on a non-working day. Customers under the GIRO payment arrangement will have the charges debited from their bank accounts if there are insufficient funds in their trading accounts.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.