AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

sheepysheep

Reaction score
ilovesupermarts -

Your right, it does not justify it. which is why i apologize for the experience. We do train our interns, even if it is just a short stint with us(2 months for the pink haired lady you mentioned) but that does change the possibility that not everyone is cut out for the assigned roles or may make mistakes that we don't expect. With interns, our goal is to give young singaporeans a chance to learn new skills and to give them a chance to have a fruitful learning experience in a working environment, though of course not everyone treats the opportunity as a privilege and we'd definitely keep this in consideration in future. (We had one other incident that happened once before a year back, we followed up swiftly). Regardless. its our responsibility to make sure such things don't happen. As such, i wanted to ask you for details so we look into it.

You pretty much nailed the main item on the head here with how you mentioned our other lady staff was doing a great walkthrough on the other side. different members of our team have varying levels of skill. and we'll make changes ensure their all up to par.

Glad we managed to talk on the phone briefly. We're sorry we made you feel this way. Internal action has been taken to ensure there is no repeat of this.

Last edited:

sheepysheep

Reaction score
are they actually ok with accepting old aftershock devices? Im on their site and it says major brands only which from my experience is no different from the norm in most shops

some time ago I checked with the service chat on Aftershock website and they said I could still bring the old X15 down over to bendemeer

They have been doing so for ages. It should not be a problem. they also have a chat system on their site. We don't do trade ins directly anymore.

Last edited:

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi for my late 2015 S15, how much would it be to get an additional 8GB of ram? (from the initial 8GB)

chiaRH

Reaction score
Hi for my late 2015 S15, how much would it be to get an additional 8GB of ram? (from the initial 8GB)

I dont know about current pricing but when I bought 8GB more RAM from them in Nov last year it was around 65-70 bucks, so I guess imagine a price range around there

sheepysheep

Reaction score

its 98 sgd for an additional 8gb of ram. The price of ram and SSDs has skyrocketed in the last quarter due to shortage (i'm guessing from other non pc flash device usage?) its pretty insane.

I Need A New PC

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of getting an after shock S-15 and was wondering if comes with Bluetooth 4.2 or Bluetooth at all?

I am looking at the 1080p Gsync version but can't find out if it's an IPS panel and the refresh rate. 120 or 144 Hz?

Finally any issues with noise and cooling with this model? And how is the service level? As I am also looking at the MSI
GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro.

Thanks in advance!

chiaRH

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of getting an after shock S-15 and was wondering if comes with Bluetooth 4.2 or Bluetooth at all?

yea its bluetooth 4.2

In laptops the bluetooth actually comes from the wireless card installed in the laptop. Aftershock currently uses The Intel Wireless-AC 3165

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am looking at the 1080p Gsync version but can't find out if it's an IPS panel and the refresh rate. 120 or 144 Hz?

Finally any issues with noise and cooling with this model? And how is the service level? As I am also looking at the MSI

Thanks in advance!

JUst go to their site and look at the specifications. Your answers are there:

https://www.aftershockpc.com/welcome/Productinner/s15-new-1

xf2929

Reaction score
Any prime 15 owner here? would like to know what is the battery life for usage such as autocad, word and ppt. TIA

sheepysheep

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

If you select intel 8265 wifi, you get bluetooth 4.2 :) all the notebooks come with bluetooth.

The 1080p gsync panel is ips. the 120hz panel is TN.

s-15 has a 3 fan setup. i recommend comming down and testing for yourself. For ours service level, we have plenty of comments left on our fb page. We've had our share of ups and downs , but overall, our commitment to service is one of our strong points.

FloatingBarb

Reaction score
Anyone has experience on the longevity of the S15 series with daily and extended usage?

Is it comparable with a desktop?

chiaRH

Reaction score
Anyone has experience on the longevity of the S15 series with daily and extended usage?

its hard to say considering the oldest version of that machine only came out 2 years ago, plus obviously the current version of the S15 is already a new model with new CPU and GPU generation

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I believe it all depends on usage and how one uses the machine, and/or the abuses being thrown at.

I do not own a S15. But I am one of the first few who purchased their Titan when they first started. And after over 4 years, the machine is still going strong (although I have just gotten a W17s to replace it.

chiaRH

Reaction score
random question... anyone ever tried running some unigine benchmarks on their aftershock and find that it hits some kind of direct3D error?

I was curious to try the Superposition benchmark and it got that problem

The error popup is identical to this kind I found online
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67042391

Since I had unigine valley I also went to try it and it has the same error.

I see errors of such nature popping up even as far back as years ago
http://www.overclock.net/t/1419316/unigine-benchmarks-wont-run-full-screen-mode

Wonder if its something nvidia related that clashes with unigine stuff

UPDATE:
Think it might be my display frame rate, the Gsync display natively is running at 75hz but I always keep it at 60 cos I hate the dithering that occurs in certain blue colours when the frame rate is pushed too high, guess maybe unigine doesnt like it when the frame rate is altered. FYI no other games have ever had this problem for me

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.