Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO-US

devilcm3

Reaction score
anybody used the US version of Ubiquiti APs ?

whats the major difference yeah? i really can't find the tech specs comparison between the US and the International version.

:s11:

devilcm3

Reaction score
Taobao have, might as well ship from there. Shipping charges lower.

The AP is also MIC.

taobao prices more expensive

in amazon prices of US version is $190 arnd there after conversion.

but in taobao, prices from reputable sellers is $237 before shipping ... which is very close to local sellers selling $250...

might aswell buy local :s13:

jnetsix

Reaction score
how do you buy it yeah?
i tried shipping to proxy but it doesn't allow...very weird

Sorry for late reply, got it via ezbuy.(before trump become president)....
SLS selling $450 for AC pro version. Savings >$200

CyberMew

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The ac-lr version seems to be cheaper on ezbuy as compared to Lazada. Wondering if I should get the lr ($$150) or the pro ($250)

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Difference* should be the channels.

You won't get channel 12 and 13 for 2.4 GHz

For 5ghz, no DFS.

Good buy at Amazon now.

devilcm3

Reaction score

silverwing

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 4rm bto, and I'm going to place my router in my DB box. Will the signal be strong enough to cater to 4 users (wifi) and 2 lan connection (TV and desktop)? Or do I need to buy the unifi AP? Will wifi extender work the same as unifi?

Thanks in advance!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 4rm bto, and I'm going to place my router in my DB box. Will the signal be strong enough to cater to 4 users (wifi) and 2 lan connection (TV and desktop)? Or do I need to buy the unifi AP? Will wifi extender work the same as unifi?

Thanks in advance!

if you put your wireless router in DB box, you won't have good wifi coverage already.

Unifi AP is just a wireless AP which works like your wireless router, which needs to be placed in a centralised location and that you have to find the location yourself, whereas an extender leeches on the existing wifi network and broadcast it further at a cost of lower bandwidth, as part of the source is being utilised as a backhaul.

I suggest you consider shifting the wireless router out and avoid using extender.. :)

silverwing

Master Member
Reaction score
if you put your wireless router in DB box, you won't have good wifi coverage already.

Unifi AP is just a wireless AP which works like your wireless router, which needs to be placed in a centralised location and that you have to find the location yourself, whereas an extender leeches on the existing wifi network and broadcast it further at a cost of lower bandwidth, as part of the source is being utilised as a backhaul.

I suggest you consider shifting the wireless router out and avoid using extender.. :)
Hi thanks for your reply. I will need to relocate the ONT point if I want to shift my wireless router to my living room.

I intend to install the unifi AP in the middle of the house, but not sure whether can I receive good signal by doing so...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U just need to shift out the router. Ont can remain inside the box..

Well I can't comment on whether central location is enough for u.. Depends on your layout..

Hi thanks for your reply. I will need to relocate the ONT point if I want to shift my wireless router to my living room.

I intend to install the unifi AP in the middle of the house, but not sure whether can I receive good signal by doing so...

silverwing

Master Member
Reaction score
U just need to shift out the router. Ont can remain inside the box..

Well I can't comment on whether central location is enough for u.. Depends on your layout..

Hi there, so may I ask how do I do the connection?
Is it:

1. TP >> ONT inside DB
2. ONT connect to patch panel inside DB box via cat6 cable
3. from Lan port to wireless router placed on living room TV console?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your patch panel is terminated at dB, then you can only out the router inside while getting another ap to be placed outside..

Is it:

1. TP >> ONT inside DB

xjchew

Reaction score
Is it:

1. TP >> ONT inside DB

Er. Your plan above would work. I'll assume you want to put the router in the study room. So you will connect it this way:

1. TP -> ONT inside DB
2. ONT connect to patch panel port which is linked to the study room port
3. Wireless router connect to study room port (WAN port on router)

silverwing

Master Member
Reaction score
Er. Your plan above would work. I'll assume you want to put the router in the study room. So you will connect it this way:

1. TP -> ONT inside DB
2. ONT connect to patch panel port which is linked to the study room port
3. Wireless router connect to study room port (WAN port on router)

Yep that's what I wanted. But if I want to place in on the TV console, do i need to lay 1 more lan cable for smart tv?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.