Sony A6000 Owners Thread

solaryzed

Reaction score
Budget? What u want to take? Zoom or Prime?

Cheaper would be good.. Mainly using for landscapes and cityscapes, might bring around when travelling too. Currently seeing the 10-18mm. No preference towards zoom or prime.

P.s. i own the 16-70mm f/4, is it wide enough at 16mm (24mm equivalent)?

Last edited:

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheaper would be good.. Mainly using for landscapes and cityscapes, might bring around when travelling too. Currently seeing the 10-18mm. No preference towards zoom or prime.

P.s. i own the 16-70mm f/4, is it wide enough at 16mm (24mm equivalent)?

Cheapest option is to get the 16mm prime plus vcl-ecu2 wide angle converter to make it 12mm

Leebe-

Reaction score
Beginner here, bought a a6000 a mth ago and I m facing this problem where the color as seen on camera screen, view finder, android phone, and computer colors all different. How can I make the color more true?

Thanks in advance

Arceptionist

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone got recommendation for tripods around $100?

and is there any brick-and-mortar store in Singapore that sells tripod? It seems most tripods are sold online only?

welshwiz

Reaction score
What other options do i have? The Samyang 12mm?

If you like landscapes, this is a piece of good lens.

Personally I have the 10-18mm and the Samyang 12mm (with a Sony a6000), I have always used the 12mm for landscape as it is much sharper than the 10-18mm. For night photography even better cos it can open up to f2.

The only drawback is its manual focus. But if you are doing landscape/architecture photography and with Sony's focus peaking capability, it's not a big problem for me.

I would say It's a real bargain lens :)

solaryzed

Reaction score
anyone got recommendation for tripods around $100?

and is there any brick-and-mortar store in Singapore that sells tripod? It seems most tripods are sold online only?

I have a Jusino X-2330 that i want to sell at $100 if you're interested.. That i got from Alan Photo at Sim Lim

solaryzed

Reaction score
If you like landscapes, this is a piece of good lens.

Personally I have the 10-18mm and the Samyang 12mm (with a Sony a6000), I have always used the 12mm for landscape as it is much sharper than the 10-18mm. For night photography even better cos it can open up to f2.

The only drawback is its manual focus. But if you are doing landscape/architecture photography and with Sony's focus peaking capability, it's not a big problem for me.

I would say It's a real bargain lens :)

I see.. Do you prefer the focus magnifier or peaking for sharp images?

welshwiz

Reaction score
I see.. Do you prefer the focus magnifier or peaking for sharp images?

I use focus peaking more often for landscapes. Think magnifier works more effectively for portraits.

Anyway focus peaking is easier to use - for me :)

blasterlord2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a mirrorless camera. Is the Sony A6300 so much better than the A6000 or it's ok to buy the latter? Any recommended shops to buy from? Tks!

phuturz

Reaction score
Colour issues

Beginner here, bought a a6000 a mth ago and I m facing this problem where the color as seen on camera screen, view finder, android phone, and computer colors all different. How can I make the color more true?

Thanks in advance

Hi there, how far off are the colors you're seeing? The colors on your computer, phone and camera are always going to be slightly different as they're all made by different manufacturers to different standards. You can calibrate your monitor to an international standard to get matching prints.

You might find that adjusting the Saturation and Brightness settings of your camera's EVF and LCD gets you closer to what you see on screen.(Live View Display menu)

The colors on your EVF and the rear display should be close though, as they're on the same device.

I'd recommend doing a factory reset or taking it back to the Sony service center to have it looked at if the colors are vastly different. Good luck!

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance

The issue here is, how do you define "true". The color on different screens, even ur inkjet printers will be different. In addition, the a6000 screen is so small, so it might look good on the screen, but when u view it on ur PC, it might not look good.

For my case, I only use the screen to make sure my subject is in focus (zoom in on eye etc) and to make sure i like the composition. For color representation and everything else, have to wait till i upload to lightroom. That's were u can tune ur color balance. That there u might be able to get a "truer" color

It might help to invest in (or borrow) Spyder to calibrate ur screen. Frankly I tried the spyder, but the settings were a bit awkward for normal use. So need to create 2 profiles, 1 for photo editing, 1 for normal use

Last edited:

welshwiz

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a mirrorless camera. Is the Sony A6300 so much better than the A6000 or it's ok to buy the latter? Any recommended shops to buy from? Tks!

Personally depends on what style and kind of photography you are going for....and of course your budget too.

If you just want something that can take nice photos and easy to carry around, the a6000 will work very well. Have been my trusty camera for the last 2 years on my travels.

You can get a 2nd-hand one easily around $600 with kit lens

Bobbyss

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry for the noob questions. Have googled quite extensively but haven't really got my answer.

I own a A6000 with SEL1855 lens. The bokeh and quality is good but i realized i have to stand very far away to take photo everytime. Especially during a group photo.

Will a SEL35f18 solve the problem or should i get the SELP18105G which i supposed is more all-purpose.

Thank you for your help!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.