Xiaomi Mi Pad 3

LauHiLo

Reaction score
I bought from Q10 Simder Trading @ Lucky Plaza. The set I got has MIUI 8.2 Global ROM which comes with Google Playstore.

Everything works fine and I'm happy with the purchase.

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
Just got this. Can it be root? If yes, once rooted still can restore back to stock for warranty?

mitoev96

Reaction score
hi i am new to xiaomi tablet , able to teach me how to link with pc as i plug the usb in it say cant recognized the driver . i am holding the new xiaomi 3

LauHiLo

Reaction score
hi i am new to xiaomi tablet , able to teach me how to link with pc as i plug the usb in it say cant recognized the driver . i am holding the new xiaomi 3
I got the same problem (Windows 10 cannot recognize Mi Pad 3 as USB device) after buying from Simder Trading on Q10.

See my post here to resolve the issue. Basically, I have to reflash to official China ROM (with no Google Playstore). And then have to install Playstore myself.

http://en.miui.com/thread-599818-1-1.html

LauHiLo

Reaction score
I bought from Q10 Simder Trading @ Lucky Plaza. The set I got has MIUI 8.2 Global ROM which comes with Google Playstore.

Everything works fine and I'm happy with the purchase.
Turns out that the Mi Pad 3 from Simder Trading uses 3rd party ROM...and this causes the Mi Pad 3 cannot be recognized when plugged into USB port of laptop running Windows 10.

See my post below:

I got the same problem (Windows 10 cannot recognize Mi Pad 3 as USB device) after buying from Simder Trading on Q10.

See my post here to resolve the issue. Basically, I have to reflash to official China ROM (with no Google Playstore). And then have to install Playstore myself.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Turns out that the Mi Pad 3 from Simder Trading uses 3rd party ROM...and this causes the Mi Pad 3 cannot be recognized when plugged into USB port of laptop running Windows 10.

See my post below:

The official ROM is now version 8... so does the third party ROM still have the same problem?

LauHiLo

Reaction score
The official ROM is now version 8... so does the third party ROM still have the same problem?
The 3rd party ROM is based on MIUI 8 which says that it is "Global". But this 3rd party ROM has a problem in that the Mi Pad 3 cannot be detected with plug into USB on Windows 10.

So I have to re-flash to official MIUI 8 ROM which is only China version. This allows the Mi Pad 3 to be recognized by Windows 10. But the official China ROM does not have Google Play. So I have to install Google Play on my own.

But one strange behavior on the China ROM that I cannot fix. Whenever I connect the Mi Pad 3 to USB, it always defaults to "Charge this device". I have to manually change it "Transfer files" every time I connect to USB.
How can I change the default to "Transfer files" when I plug into USB?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have managed to install play store on it, but can't download apps from it. It always states 'Waiting for wifi". Anyone has the same issues?

It's a version issue... or the Mi Pad is not recognized by the Play Store... this is the problem with China devices that do not run Play Store natively...

behling

Reaction score
so troublesome. need to constantly google how to download this download that make it "work" all to save $150.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.