xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That gloss is too shiny
bxEfhMkVCe-3000x3000.jpeg

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah it's surprising. It's hitting US next week. Didn't expect sales to be ready so fast.. but let's see.. Nothing is confirmed until the handsets are sitting in the retail shops. Haha

Lol I was a bit stunned when HWZ posted up the hands-on of the phone so soon suddenly out of the blue.. gd for chiu guys.. :s12:

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Innovation is pointless if the marketing and adoption rate is low.

frankly, a lot of HTC's innovation has been later copied and popularised by other companies. It doesn't matter if adoption rate is low. Innovation is innovation, I don't think there's a need to criticize someone or a company from trying something new, when it doesn't bother us even if we may or may not benefit from it. It's not like they're charging forcing us to buy or charge $1000 extra for the innovative idea or "gimmick" as some may term it.

I personally think that this is a great idea for one handed use of a phablet and I'll definitely be using this much more than 3D touch which to date I only use for the shortcut to call favorites contacts.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
hope dun need wait too long .. previously htc 10 wait for 6 months ...

the squeeze feature seems to be good for one handed usage .. esp for taking selfie or screenshot

CaressOfVenus

Reaction score
about using squeeze to take photo... wont it make the result shaky? as there will probably be slight movement of the phone when you squeeze it.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont understand. are you implying that companies that have small adoption rates shouldnt innovate?

I think he meant that innovation is important but getting people to buy in and make people know about it is just as important

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
about using squeeze to take photo... wont it make the result shaky? as there will probably be slight movement of the phone when you squeeze it.

So far so good. Maybe start a little but need try some more darker places since that's where it would need more stability but works pretty nicely. :)

But the squeeze need quite light lah. So not too bad

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw some of the reviews and a few of the reviewers stated that the main reason why the to and bottom bezel is so thick is to give room for the dual speakers. HTC has modified its speakers and the speakers required bigger space.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score

If u watch the video carefully u will realize that the phone will only capture the image 0.5 second after the user squeeze the phone. It helps to prevent any possible blur image.

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One article did include an explanation from HTC staff on why they could not have a bezel-less design. They simply did not have a display division to tailor make displays unlike LG and Samsung which both manufactures their own displays. We will definitely see that everywhere when it becomes a norm and cheaper to implement in the future.

http://bgr.com/2017/05/16/htc-u11-specs-no-bezel-less-display-explained/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.