Upcoming Samsung Tab S3

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
my previous tablet is a Sony Z4 weighs at 393g and compare to this Samsung Tab S3 which weighs at 429g I can really feel the differences in weight when I hold both, Samsung tab s3 really make me feel a lot heavier.
Still trying to get use to the Samsung tab s3 weight.

bobaccord

Reaction score
Anyway.. I called Samsung support.. They told me to call Starhub.. I called Starhub and they said that they dont have warranty for tablets..

My experience is that my Note 4 had issues just after 1 year with both the screen and battery.. This is a recontract from telco so I don't buy from the shops you mentioned. I guess it solidifies the reason why the pricing dipped down..

I was planning to sell it.. but as my ipad is old, i kept it.. I am just hoping that this is a solid build and will last at least 2 years.. My ipad air is still kicking more going for 2.5 years already
My Note 4 kaput already. Not sure why but decided not to fix but wait for Note 8...

That said, Samsung tablets quality is above decent, according to my experience..
I have a TAB S 8".. close to 3 years and still going strong, Tab Active. More than 2.5 years and still going strong. And TAB s2 more than 1.5 years and still going strong. .

I think your s3 will serve you well.. just don't drop it or install unscrupulous apks

Sent from Samsung SM-G900FD using GAGT

lamtw22

Reaction score
my previous tablet is a Sony Z4 weighs at 393g and compare to this Samsung Tab S3 which weighs at 429g I can really feel the differences in weight when I hold both, Samsung tab s3 really make me feel a lot heavier.
Still trying to get use to the Samsung tab s3 weight.

Yes, Z4 is a great tablet - larger screen size and yet lighter and thinner.

lamtw22

Reaction score
At $900, would the 12 inch Windows 10 Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S be a better value at around the same price now, come with LTE and keyboard case?

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At $900, would the 12 inch Windows 10 Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S be a better value at around the same price now, come with LTE and keyboard case?
It depends on what you want. I wanted a device that was portable but yet big enough to surf the web and read e-magazines comfortably. I wasn't looking for a desktop/notebook replacement with all the complexities of a windows interface. For this purpose, the Tab S3 running on Android OS is the clear choice over the larger and heavier Windows 10 Tab Pro S, regardless of price.

Sent from Samsung SM-T825Y using GAGT

st0ry88

Reaction score
Any 1 feels that their tab s3 volume is a little too soft? I have to max out my volume to hear anything.. the tablet is practically soundless just half the volume bar

lamtw22

Reaction score
It depends on what you want. I wanted a device that was portable but yet big enough to surf the web and read e-magazines comfortably. I wasn't looking for a desktop/notebook replacement with all the complexities of a windows interface. For this purpose, the Tab S3 running on Android OS is the clear choice over the larger and heavier Windows 10 Tab Pro S, regardless of price.

Agreed. But on the other hand, if you don't use your android tablet everyday, it is quite frustrating to see the battery go down without usage. But if you turn off it totally, it takes a while to start up. Also, multitasking is not great in Android and split screen on a 9.7 inch is still not ideal.

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But on the other hand, if you don't use your android tablet everyday, it is quite frustrating to see the battery go down without usage. But if you turn off it totally, it takes a while to start up. Also, multitasking is not great in Android and split screen on a 9.7 inch is still not ideal.
I'm not that familiar with the Windows 10 Tab Pro S. Concerning your frustration with seeing a tablet's battery being depleted without usage and for a tablet taking a while to start up if you switch it off totally, wouldn't that apply equally to the Tab Pro S?

Reaction score
Bros ..any other samsung centers or resellers with original keyboard ? Called samsung chinatown and no more liao :(

Tks !

Reaction score
Bros ..any other samsung centers or resellers with original keyboard ? Called samsung chinatown and no more liao :(

Tks !

Bought from ebay seller liao cos din wait yo wait and seller advised got pen holder oso ..hope din buy wrongly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERylIDPy5g

zhix

Reaction score
Any 1 feels that their tab s3 volume is a little too soft? I have to max out my volume to hear anything.. the tablet is practically soundless just half the volume bar

Same feelings. not sure what can be done though

lamtw22

Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with the Windows 10 Tab Pro S. Concerning your frustration with seeing a tablet's battery being depleted without usage and for a tablet taking a while to start up if you switch it off totally, wouldn't that apply equally to the Tab Pro S?

The Windows 10 tablet takes less than 10 sec to boot and 3 sec to shutdown. Hence, will shutdown if not use. But not for android tablet. iPad can retain battery much better when not in use.

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Windows 10 tablet takes less than 10 sec to boot and 3 sec to shutdown. Hence, will shutdown if not use. But not for android tablet. iPad can retain battery much better when not in use.
That's indeed very quick. To improve battery retention when an Android tablet is inactive, try putting the tablet into flight mode.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's indeed very quick. To improve battery retention when an Android tablet is inactive, try putting the tablet into flight mode.

Android has a very terible batt mgmt. IOS being single platform and 1 hardware, optimisation is at best. Back at android tablet (or any device), hv devices are always in flught mode...(except daily driver phone). It slow down batt drain. All apps/games have notifications switch off.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.