Reaction score
mn7ewNjl.jpg

upZIQgIl.jpg

This just came in! Glad to bring it out for tgif

Sent from Kong Island using GAGT

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My father still have loans to pay for HDB. And I also have the impression it is compulsory. But it is only compulsory for HDB loans after a certain year.

cyberet

Reaction score
The fire started from the below unit and spread into my study room. The air con compressor for the next few floors were also damaged.

HDB claimed we did not renew the fire insurance.

so sorry to hear about this. most important, no loss of life

I don't think the basic hdb fire insurance will cover furnishing, probably just the 4 walls.

Those extra add ons offer basic funishing coverage depending on the premium.

I'm not sure if you can claim the unit that caused it under public liability, or does that unit even have public liability coverage.

coern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, about the same as my Hulk. Slightly more difficult to turn as compared to the Zelos Hammerhead or the Seiko Tuna...

Hey bro, just want to ask, is the bezel on your SD easy to turn? Is it stiff?

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score
basic fire only covers the structure, even if you extend it to cover personal effect, there'll be a limit per article for valuables. usually not exceeding 2k per item

your best bet is to engage a loss adjuster to act on your behalf to ascertain your losses and commence recovery against your neighbor. this is on "no cure no pay" basis so why not. hopefully your neighbor has liability coverage in place, else his head will be swelling.

keyword to search
insight loss adjuster
ajax loss adjuster

The fire started from the below unit and spread into my study room. The air con compressor for the next few floors were also damaged.

HDB claimed we did not renew the fire insurance.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No joke. If you remember a fire in the northern part of singapore around 8 days back. My house is the innocent unit that my entire study room is burnt down.

I placed my watches inside a watch winder. The plastic cover and air con unit melted and covered 8 of my watches.

My Rolex submariner and panerai survived without visible damage. Internal don't know got damaged or not.

Oyster perpetual second hand and cover dropped out. Don't know still working or not.

Santos is covered by plastic. Managed to remove all the melted plastic. Watch still moving. Sent back to Cartier for check. Hopefully nothing is damaged inside

Omega speedmaster is also gone. Can't move and cover also dropped.

My dad's rolex is also covered with plastic but can't remove the plastic. Can't tell whether still working or not.

The rest are gone.

Gosh, I feel your pain bro. We all encounter catastrophes in life and this is indeed one you are going through. Even though no one was injured, it must hurt to see your watches destroyed. Try to put it behind you and move on.

Ask around for legal advice on what you can do to recover some losses.

Its a sombre reminder to all of us to get fire insurance, and maybe even get one of those fire safes to put valuables.

Do take care!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He is stating the obvious.. Why do u keep on insisting he is upset? I mean who are you to him such that he has to be upset?? U are quite delusional I think...

Lol. Ya man. I don't know why I should even feel upset.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always had the impression that it was compulsory! Oh but I just checked, only for people taking up loans. Anw the basic one doesn't cover furniture or belongings.
Mandatory only if it is on bank loan. Coz the bank got vested interest in the pty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.