2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecapt

Reaction score
Recommendations for desktop speakers under 1k but preferably 500 or less?

Some constraints:
1. Speakers will need to be placed near the wall due to space constraint. I guess I will need something front ported or not ported at all.
2. Musical and non fatiguing. I tried the PreSonus E5 but found them too lean/analytical for me. Have STAX headphones which I believe will provide the best micro-details, hence looking for something that is easy to listen to.

Thanks!

You can try Prodipe TDC 5, I dig the sound personally. It's front ported. Luther occasionally has sales on them.

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a new toy..
zjff2w.jpg

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
how much? hows the sound ?been eyeing this for awhile

I'm a basslover, so im loving it.. you might want to search the review online as i can't really comment much due to my status..
The speaker still not available locally but coming soon..

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm a basslover, so im loving it.. you might want to search the review online as i can't really comment much due to my status..

You're distributor?

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is available overseas for awhile if im not wrong.... Even have a 5.1 version

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
i am looking for upgrade to swan m10 that i am currently using. any good recommendation? budget up till $300. can exceed $300 if it is worth the extra money.

i am thinking of audioengine a2+ or swan m50

will be using it mainly to watch shows

Last edited:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am looking for upgrade to swan m10 that i am currently using. any good recommendation? budget up till $300. can exceed $300 if it is worth the extra money.

i am thinking of audioengine a2+ or swan m50

will be using it mainly to watch shows

Creative Kratos S5? Saw this in stores already at Best Denki no demo however.
I cannot comment on it's performance yet cuz waiting for next month
IT show than hoot. :D

boomgod

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a set of 2.0/2.1 speakers? will mainly use for gaming, budget <$200

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
any other recommendation for 2.1 speakers? i will look into creative kratos s5.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a set of 2.0/2.1 speakers? will mainly use for gaming, budget <$200

Creative Kratos S5?
Give our local brand a chance. :s13:
$229, best I say wait till the PC show in June.

diver-hloc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Creative's Gigaworks T40 II 2.0 Speaker ?? Want it to replace my Creative T3 which I love... but I truly hate the volume control (replaced at least 3 times).

Saw Creative is offering the T40 at $105 (with $50 voucher) at the PC Show... wondering how is the sound of the T40 before committing to buying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.