NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexaarslan

Reaction score
Yeah that's true and understandable, but I need something solid to distract me or I'll spend the next entire month refreshing my email and gripping my phone like a madman :'(

eat drink sleep exercise browse coursera

been doing this waiting game for 3 months and slightly depressed for various reasons, so I would say taking your mind off it is the best choice regardless of the outcome :zonia:

Babybunny

Reaction score
Yeah that's true and understandable, but I need something solid to distract me or I'll spend the next entire month refreshing my email and gripping my phone like a madman :'(

Chillax girl. Everything's gonna turn out fine. Have faith ok? Breathe in breathe out. Lmao,the girl,yah having a job is a good idea but errr even tho im working temporarily, i am still very distracted from what im doing. HAHA. But yah,chill first. Give urself some space to breathe.

Unknown9782

Reaction score
1st time happen in the 4 years I apply. Must be facing some it issues

Hi , out of pure curiosity , I was just wondering . Should you be granted with the option between your current NTU course that is offered to you and a course to read law at either NUS or SMU - Which would you choose ? Whatever it is, I truly admire and respect your dedication and perseverance in retaking your A levels on multiple times - extending a helping hand to people in similar situations as you were in previously :)

Louie Liew

Reaction score
Hi , out of pure curiosity , I was just wondering . Should you be granted with the option between your current NTU course that is offered to you and a course to read law at either NUS or SMU - Which would you choose ? Whatever it is, I truly admire and respect your dedication and perseverance in retaking your A levels on multiple times - extending a helping hand to people in similar situations as you were in previously :)

That is a tough question. I would slightly favour ntu atm.

nekomon

Reaction score
Hahas you go, girl! Love your attitude! The only reason people say retaking As is 'risky' is because without the supervision and pushing of the school and teachers to study for As, it is rather easy for a person self-studying to fall into procrastination and complacency. Then, you may end up with worse results from before. However, if you are mentally strong and disciplined, and can force yourself to continuously study, retaking As may be a very good choice. After all, you have already learnt your content, what you are doing right now is revising, reinforcing, and making yourself more skilled. The more usual reasons people don't do well in As in their first try are because they didn't have enough time to memorize everything they need to, or they might not have practiced enough to be able to solve problems quickly and accurately. These issues are issues you can fix while retaking As. If you get better results from retaking As, there will be more options available for you, including going for the courses you want to enter. So while retaking As is definitely risky (no one can deny that), if you are mentally prepared for it, it is not a bad choice. As opposed to entering a course you know you hate, which may just lead you down a path you hate in life.

And at the very least, you know what you want and do not want in life, and have the determination to act on it. I find that to be better than those who are still lost sheep (myself included).

Thank you so much!! =:p And yessss I agree with everything you just said (":

danchichan

Reaction score
Yo guys, I created an account for this but for SMU peeps, check your application! I just received an offer for SMU social science :)

Greentea168

Reaction score
Yo guys, I created an account for this but for SMU peeps, check your application! I just received an offer for SMU social science :)

Me2. Got the offer at 1am. Now got to choose between ntu (3rd choice -ppga) or smu which will allow me to do my psychology. All the best to those who are still waiting. Good luck!

NTLSLP

Reaction score
Me2. Got the offer at 1am. Now got to choose between ntu (3rd choice -ppga) or smu which will allow me to do my psychology. All the best to those who are still waiting. Good luck!

I got offered my third choice, it was ppga too. Which one are you going to choose? SMU offered me econs which is what I wanted but at the same time I'm leaning more to NTU. Kind of at a loss abt what to do.

Theinbetween

Reaction score
GUYS after the long waiting game of my friend...

She got this email from NUS yesterday.

She applied for NUS SCIENCE and went for the DA somewhere in late April

[C n P]
I refer to your application for admission to the National University of Singapore (NUS).

Your application is currently still under consideration. Please bear with us as selection for admission is a rigorous process and as such, some applicants are informed of the outcome a little later than the rest.

We expect to be in touch with you by around mid-June.

Meanwhile, you can log in to the Online Application Status Facility (OASF) at https://myaces.nus.edu.sg/uasonline/Login with your Application Number and Admission PIN to track your application status.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level Team

So... She should accept NTU SBS first and wait for NUS offer in the 2nd window right? Nus will still send out offer even if you accept right?

Meanwhile I've decided to accept NUS PHARM instead of NTU SBS, so to whoever who's aiming to go SBS, good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.