Graduate Admissions AY2017/2018

FreDeRicK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey! What undergrad programme were you previously from and what was your GPA?

Grades are not everything, nor defines a person's capability. What we learn, how we apply it to our jobs and relationships, how we treat others, is.

Last edited:

scyphistomae

Reaction score
I have been accepted to the NTU MSc in Information Systems programme. It seems that the selectivity of this programme is very low; even applicants with mediocre profiles were accepted.

I have decided not to matriculate so that I can give my placing to someone who needs this programme more than I do.

FreDeRicK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to the NTU MSc in Information Systems programme. It seems that the selectivity of this programme is very low; even applicants with mediocre profiles were accepted.

I have decided not to matriculate so that I can give my placing to someone who needs this programme more than I do.

We've all gotta do what we need to. We have our own perceptions, feelings and values.

It's your personal decision how to make the best use of your time, and I wish you the best in your endeavours.

Applying for a masters isn't as competitive as applying for an undergrad degree, at least in Singapore, though the academic rigours for obtaining good grades remain the same.

Last edited:

blisterplaster

Reaction score
I ask because it seems like something the admissions office will look at hahaha. But congrats!

Grades are not everything, nor defines a person's capability. What we learn, how we apply it to our jobs and relationships, how we treat others, is.

blisterplaster

Reaction score
So no plans on higher education?

Impz82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad. My nus application for masters of statistics is unsuccessful. I thought it will be easy since I received a gahmen scholarship and has been working in a data job for 8 years, gpa is 4.8 out of 5 and first class honours. Apparently still not enough. Now feel like a total slap in the face...

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad. My nus application for masters of statistics is unsuccessful. I thought it will be easy since I received a gahmen scholarship and has been working in a data job for 8 years, gpa is 4.8 out of 5 and first class honours. Apparently still not enough. Now feel like a total slap in the face...

4.8 can go to other good unis, were u given an interview?

smilingbuddha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:s13:

Why will you even consider NUS if you have this profile

I bet that programme has loads of chinese/indian students

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, do u know of any interest-free loans similar to the undergrad one?
I recently applied for nus's msc finance, but the course is tagged as Self-Funded, so it is not eligible for the interest free loan.

:(

I asked POSB and they quoted me around 5%+ interest rate, which starts after the first month of loan.

seems like i have to forgone my plans for grad studies

Last edited:

Johnpierpontmorgan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, do u know of any interest-free loans similar to the undergrad one?
I recently applied for nus's msc finance, but the course is tagged as Self-Funded, so it is not eligible for the interest free loan.

:(

I asked POSB and they quoted me around 5%+ interest rate, which starts after the first month of loan.

seems like i have to forgone my plans for grad studies

Call more banks n ask for quotes

Don’t defer anymore

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.