Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpmmark

Reaction score
Just to update, previously I reported my LG tv just suddenly failed to receive dtv, then yesterday nothing to do at home I took out the digital antenna and try it again, same antenna same position only horizontal this time. And I got all the channels. Been working fine till then, so I canceled the LG appointment. Since problem is solved.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to update, previously I reported my LG tv just suddenly failed to receive dtv, then yesterday nothing to do at home I took out the digital antenna and try it again, same antenna same position only horizontal this time. And I got all the channels. Been working fine till then, so I canceled the LG appointment. Since problem is solved.
Nice to hear that... what antenna do you use?

Sometimes the polarisation can change because of reflections from internal wall...from vertical to horizontal or at an angle...

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Maybe dexter9898 can help to do a quick check if it is still QAM16 or QAM64 on his TV.

tpmmark

Reaction score
Nice to hear that... what antenna do you use?

Sometimes the polarisation can change because of reflections from internal wall...from vertical to horizontal or at an angle...
I'm using the brand funke. Also bought from courts. Hope the problem is solved.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Yes, I refer to dvb-t2.
I have this crazy thinking that the horizontal polarization signals was QAM64, and the vertical polarization signals in QAM16... but this seem ridiculous for off-air signals falling on the same channel..:o
If you are referring to dvb-t2, my ac ryan says it's QAM16.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received my K2. Set it up in my room tv console, surprising able to receive all channels with the cheapo $1 antenna.

But realised K2 tune to 76.25Mhz (Hub Sports Arena). haiz. any other tuner can tune to this freq?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

But realised K2 tune to 76.25Mhz (Hub Sports Arena). haiz. any other tuner can tune to this freq?
This analogue channel can only get from SCV outlet. Depending on your tv set, some may be able to receive it.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This analogue channel can only get from SCV outlet. Depending on your tv set, some may be able to receive it.

Actually it is meant for my dad. His tv used to be able to receive this sport ch via the wall outlet, then one fine day the ch became blur. Thus i intend to buy a tuner box for him.

monsterenergy

Reaction score
Digital tv

If i hv no cable tv like miotv how do i watch normal mediacorp tv since they gonna stop broadcasting using the analugue antenna . Because in the past we watch tv connected to scv point coaxial cable. Now do i hv to buy additional antenna to watch hdtv on my dvbt2built in tv?

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Reaction score
is HD5 and suria HD frequency down? i can watch other channels but not these 2

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just want to check, if I have existing DVB-T2 compatible TV.
Like Sony Bravia, do I still need a external tuner or just plug in a
digital antenna?
Where to buy the digital antenna?

joelhaw

Reaction score

I went to re-tune my channels yesterday, and yes it works! I am wondering Mediacorp did something about or what.... Hope this can last... Thanks for sharing!

joelhaw

Reaction score

I went to re-tune my channels yesterday, and yes it works! I am wondering Mediacorp did something about or what.... Hope this can last... Thanks for sharing!

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score

What time did you try? Tried at 8pm+ and still doesn't work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.