Like no news already after iPad mini 4 and iPad 2 with pro

magicwolf

Reaction score
i am also considering tablet, but dont know which one to buy. lol

IPad 5th gen or ipad mini 4

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
the rumours so far is pointing to Apple might discontinue the Mini line.

Apple Rumored to Discontinue iPad Mini

Waiting for an iPad mini 5? You may be disappointed. BGR, citing a source close to Apple, claims the 7.9-inch tablet is being phased out. The report doesn't offer a timeline as to when the iPad mini will be discontinued, and its sources couldn't confirm if the iPad mini 4 will remain on sale for a period of time.

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPad_Mini
The iPad mini 4 launched in September 2015 and features an iPad Air 2-style redesign, making it thinner and lighter. It includes an A8 processor and improved rear and front-facing cameras. Apple has changed storage and pricing options several times, most recently cutting back to a single 128 GB storage option at $399 for Wi-Fi and $529 for Wi-Fi + Cellular on March 21, 2017, but no other changes have been made.

the price cut was just 62 days ago.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
also in same dilemma. the new 9.7inch ipad more futureproof, but never like 9.7inch form factor.

ipad mini 4 ... form factor is good... portability, but running A8 processor. perhaps iOS 11 may make it lag liao ... ):

currently having iPad Air. lag like crazy.

blizzardy

Reaction score
recommend ipad mini, unless you are using for heavy duty. processor isn't the best in the market and you can get better specs (other brands) for the same price range...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Previously Apple was said to develop a new 7.9" iPad mini Pro and the latest is that it's discontinuing it. Actually I always liked the mini for its size and had every single variant of it except mini 3.

Now I'm still using the mini 4 ever since it was launched and so far still very happy with it. But if the latest rumours are true, then it makes more sense to get the 9.7" ones.

outrun100

Reaction score
I also hope they release a new ipad mini, the size is good to hold compare to 9.7 and it's lighter too. Mainly use it for leisure game, using 9.7 make me reluctant to play any game :s13:

wwf

Master Member
Reaction score
I find ipad mini video to be sharper, ipad just not so sharp.

wwf

Master Member
Reaction score
I also hope they release a new ipad mini, the size is good to hold compare to 9.7 and it's lighter too. Mainly use it for leisure game, using 9.7 make me reluctant to play any game :s13:

But the volume no enough, will be like ipod touch gone.

I also hope same ipad mini case but screen side increase a bit then it will be perfect

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
iPad has air gap in between. It is the same as iPad Air 1.
iPad mini 4 has no air gap, currently using 1 for my studies, running iOS 10, a bit lag as compared to my iPad Pro 9.7.

Since I have iPad Air 1 and iPad mini 4, I would say go for iPad mini 4 since the display is being laminated unto the glass.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
iPad has air gap in between. It is the same as iPad Air 1.
iPad mini 4 has no air gap, currently using 1 for my studies, running iOS 10, a bit lag as compared to my iPad Pro 9.7.

Since I have iPad Air 1 and iPad mini 4, I would say go for iPad mini 4 since the display is being laminated unto the glass.

still using iPad mini 2. iOS 10. Most of the time very smooth and no issues. Just once in a while while browsing certain website will be laggy a bit. But so far so good. Initially planned to upgrade to mini 4 but other than the slimmer in size overall and lighter in weight and better lamininated screen and better processor and 2gb ram, find that it is not a significant upgrade to upgrade.

IPad mini 2 has no laminated screen, but the screen is still very gorgeous.

Touch ID is good, but can get used to passcode.

IPad mini is still my perfect size that I have been using since original iPad mini.

I hope that Apple does not discontinue it. Even they dun do any redesign but just upgrade the processor and ram. I willl buy it still.

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree. There is still market demand for a smaller size tablet such as kids who don't need the latest and greatest big sized tablets.

Hopefully they don't discontinue the iPad mini lineup.

still using iPad mini 2. iOS 10. Most of the time very smooth and no issues. Just once in a while while browsing certain website will be laggy a bit. But so far so good. Initially planned to upgrade to mini 4 but other than the slimmer in size overall and lighter in weight and better lamininated screen and better processor and 2gb ram, find that it is not a significant upgrade to upgrade.

IPad mini 2 has no laminated screen, but the screen is still very gorgeous.

Touch ID is good, but can get used to passcode.

IPad mini is still my perfect size that I have been using since original iPad mini.

I hope that Apple does not discontinue it. Even they dun do any redesign but just upgrade the processor and ram. I willl buy it still.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.