SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Jingbright

Reaction score
Hi, is suss worth the chance???
I had accounting background so I chose accountancy as my first choice for all unis
Suss offered me accountancy
NUS offered me FASS (I went for the accountancy interview but didn't manage to get in)
SMU offered me business management
As for ntu I had a interview for accountancy the other day but results not out yet. My choice for ntu after accountancy was economics.
So currently, I'm thinking if I should continue accountancy in a less reputable uni or pursue econs/biz mgt in a more reputable uni.
Any suggestions on this???
And should I try to appeal for nus accountancy??
All depends to what you want your career path in future, been helping 2 of my friends holding 2 or 3 offers from SUSS accountancy, smu others offer n ntu other offer, I currently working temp account assistant at one of the main board listed company since last year ended alevel exam, have asked and checked arround with few of current internal and external auditors from one of big 4, also get them to help to ask their hr Dept, their suggestions are to go top3 uni for Accountancy degree, the changes to enter big4 audit firms are much higher and with higher start pay compare to Unisim(SUSS), Unisim most(not all) graduated will landed at mid or 3rd tier audit firms with lower pay, after worked for 2 or 3 yrs, some will try find opportunities enter big4, for SUSS has to study hard to get a good grade degree and work hard for good intern testimonial appraisal, finally both of my friends decided accept offer from ntu and smu, although not their first choice, but both do not mind in career path change. All depends in what you want in your career and decide yourself

littlemiss

Reaction score
All depends to what you want your career path in future, been helping 2 of my friends holding 2 or 3 offers from SUSS accountancy, smu others offer n ntu other offer, I currently working temp account assistant at one of the main board listed company since last year ended alevel exam, have asked and checked arround with few of current internal and external auditors from one of big 4, also get them to help to ask their hr Dept, their suggestions are to go top3 uni for Accountancy degree, the changes to enter big4 audit firms are much higher and with higher start pay compare to Unisim(SUSS), Unisim most(not all) graduated will landed at mid or 3rd tier audit firms with lower pay, after worked for 2 or 3 yrs, some will try find opportunities enter big4, for SUSS has to study hard to get a good grade degree and work hard for good intern testimonial appraisal, finally both of my friends decided accept offer from ntu and smu, although not their first choice, but both do not mind in career path change. All depends in what you want in your career and decide yourself
oh okay! Actually I chose accounting because I do well in it! But I heard a lot of negative feedbacks about the work that accountants or auditors have to do. So I'm still considering.

heyhiyohello

Reaction score
Just want to ask a question to current students. Are the CCAs for SUSS and SIM-GE linked like last time or is it totally two different things now?

onepiecepop

Reaction score
What if next time some becomes pure online courses? :s13::s13:
And school becomes a virtual campus :D

if like this will faint! some of the mod I think is better to haf face to face interaction with the lec to explain and discuss certain concepts, ownself read txtbook no use dun understand :s22:

existence92

Banned
Reaction score

Agreed with this post.. Heard the same thing from a friend's acquaintance who works in big 4.

They usually pick top 3 universities first. Very rare, but u can see unisim-uol First Class honours but it's more because of their experience that they get in

lollipopsyay

Reaction score
Did you get an interview at least?
Regretted not apply for July PT because I'm still in NS. Should've just applied and used my leaves since it starts late July which is enough for me to cover...

Yes I got an interview! No worries, can just try next year. They got a jan 2018 intake for part time too!

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
What if next time some becomes pure online courses? :s13::s13:
And school becomes a virtual campus :D

technically university is more towards self study one. thats why the teachers is called "facilitator".

Yes 3 lessons. Imagine ur calculation/maths modules 3 lessons only. Technically, even for those modules, the powerpoint slides is enough. don't really need go use the 500-700 page textbooks de.lol.

but with things changing officially from this semester onwards, im not so sure liao.

Last time my modules i always use study guide(simplified version of textbook) and powerpoint slides only. Only this semester on wards i started using textbook for revision

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
ya.i think they moving towards becoming 3 lessons for all modules..

My lecturers told me last time is 12 lessons one, then they moved to max 6 lessons with some being 3 lessons only.

Next time shifting towards all modules 3 lessons only.lol.

and i heard last time can take 6 modules(compulsory modules,not ucore) per semester one

Yup.. heard last time 12 lessons too. I find 6 the sweet point. 3 really very little..

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
yea bus101e

that one easy de.use study guide and slides can liao. no need textbook

i remember its planning leading organization and controlling?

den under this 4 main factors got sub factors right?

i remember i never study the leading part at all,never touch.

just a tip, controlling is not really a good thing because if u PLANNED well at the start,there is not even a need for corrective action(controlling).

Oh ya, management can bu11sh1t one.my teacher say one. Even though common sense answers are not recommended but if ur aiming to pass, 40/100 ,its good enough.

One tip my teacher told me is when the question ask u ," what are the three factors", if u not confident or unsure at least what is one factor, just answer, "In regards to this, there are several factors." From there, u just STRAIGHT away explain, rather than the explanation u explained for factor 1 is actually wrong one as it is meant for factor 2. This way, you actually answered the three factors already without directly addressing them.

one last thing, at degree level,i was told they dont mark via line by line one. for example, one question 10 mark, they dont go see line by line to see u got the point den tick till they read finish. after tick finish, they count, 6 ticks out of 10 so u get 6 mark. what they do is mark by IMPRESSION marking.

Means they read finish EVERYTHING, then they allocate the marks. like "the overall feel(Impression) for this 10 mark question got the feel of 6 mark" .From there,the teacher give 6 mark lor. Is only when u fail the paper, then they see line by line to see if can give extra mark anot.

Last edited:

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
that one easy de.use study guide and slides can liao. no need textbook

i remember its planning leading organization and controlling?

den under this 4 main factors got sub factors right?

i remember i never study the leading part at all,never touch.

just a tip, controlling is not really a good thing because if u PLANNED well at the start,there is not even a need for corrective action(controlling).

Oh ya, management can bu11sh1t one.my teacher say one. Even though common sense answers are not recommended but if ur aiming to pass, 40/100 ,its good enough.

One tip my teacher told me is when the question ask u ," what are the three factors", if u not confident or unsure at least what is one factor, just answer, "In regards to this, there are several factors." From there, u just STRAIGHT away explain, rather than the explanation u explained for factor 1 is actually wrong one as it is meant for factor 2. This way, you actually answered the three factors already without directly addressing them.

one last thing, at degree level,i was told they dont mark via line by line one. for example, one question 10 mark, they dont go see line by line to see u got the point den tick till they read finish. after tick finish, they count, 6 ticks out of 10 so u get 6 mark. what they do is mark by IMPRESSION marking.

Means they read finish EVERYTHING, then they allocate the marks. like "the overall feel(Impression) for this 10 mark question got the feel of 6 mark" .From there,the teacher give 6 mark lor. Is only when u fail the paper, then they see line by line to see if can give extra mark anot.

Yup. I went past a few of the past year papers and can tell textbook isn't gonna help much since everything you gotta explain yourself. just go in and wack with common sense :s13:

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup. I went past a few of the past year papers and can tell textbook isn't gonna help much since everything you gotta explain yourself. just go in and wack with common sense :s13:

i remember my batch de 2015 jan paper, the corrective part is ask wat SMRT cctv or smth.LOL.

oh ya another tip. theres a reason why certain question are put under same part. for example 1a, 1 b and 1c. if u cant answer any of the three, just look at the other two, the answers somehow related or in the sense that the answers should be somewhat related to the other two parts.

onepiecepop

Reaction score
yea bus101e

different way from @divasion. feel tat bus101 is theory intensive mod, juz the study guide & slides is not enough for me. abit too optimistic i tink, if suay some questions need abit of definition and application de, hard to chiong through. haf to go through the txtbk for better explanation and understanding.

agree though u kind of can talk your way through with some background knowledge. end of the day, depends on how much u aiming. 40 or higher, like in my case.

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
different way from @divasion. feel tat bus101 is theory intensive mod, juz the study guide & slides is not enough for me. abit too optimistic i tink, if suay some questions need abit of definition and application de, hard to chiong through. haf to go through the txtbk for better explanation and understanding.

agree though u kind of can talk your way through with some background knowledge. end of the day, depends on how much u aiming. 40 or higher, like in my case.

ya,cause last time my method i use study guide,i write out the book on paper de. in own words. thats why cant finish.. now for level 3 de i cant use same method le cause the textbook 600 page.lol.

ya. usually when teacher ask u answer in certain way hor, its actually for those tat one get b+/A for the EXAM paper itself, which means 60 plus 70 plus kind. If aim 40 plus, technically "verbal vomit" is enough.

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiming about 50. Gba and quiz are life savers. though they seem stricter when it comes to gba marking nowadays

Matchadust

Reaction score
currently on reserved waiting list. Friends already received the offer a few days ago however I haven't gotten anything! Starting to get worried sigh anybody in the same situation (fyi: I applied for FT Marketing)

I also applied for FT marketing & I'm on the waiting list too.
Were your friends previously on the reserve list? When did they receive the reserve list email?

papa13

Reaction score
anyone went for any interview in early may and yet to get any respond?

doesnt the application status online work?

feeeeeka

Reaction score
I also applied for FT marketing & I'm on the waiting list too.
Were your friends previously on the reserve list? When did they receive the reserve list email?

my friend was previously on reserve list and she got accepted for FT marketing last week!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.