NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

fire4god

Reaction score
Yes they have replied to all my emails. Although it does take a while sometimes. The email I sent it to is the same one they used to inform me of the shortlist.

Did they reply your email? Which email did you sent it to? I emailed them 2 weeks ago but they did not reply at all. Called them up last week and they said that they will check and email me. But again, no email...

yisissi

Reaction score
Hi! Does anybody know what are the chances of getting the offer after receiving the email stating you're shortlisted for employment but still being considered in competition with other shortlisted candidates? And Usually how Long will they confirm with you? Thanks

fire_burning

Reaction score
Hi. I am an aspiring teacher who is currently heading for NUS Life Science this August. Just wondering if I apply for an MOE Teaching Award this year as a year-one undergraduate, will I have the chance to enrol in NIE's Bsc(Ed) program assuming my application is successful? Thinking that since I am going to be a teacher anyway, I would rather receive an education which more relevant to the field. Thank you!

icetea2

Reaction score
Hi! Does anybody know what are the chances of getting the offer after receiving the email stating you're shortlisted for employment but still being considered in competition with other shortlisted candidates? And Usually how Long will they confirm with you? Thanks

Hi congratulations to be shortlisted. May I know when was your interview? And when to be shortlisted? Which subject u r shortlisted to? Thanks

snowballjj

Reaction score

You will receive an email regarding about medical check up within a week (for my case)

yisissi

Reaction score
Hi congratulations to be shortlisted. May I know when was your interview? And when to be shortlisted? Which subject u r shortlisted to? Thanks
Hi thank you! I interviewed on 4th May and received shortlisted email on 23 May. Primary school Chinese

Lovely18lovely

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for this :) It was helpful. Just went for the test on Tuesday and feeling nervous about the results. Not sure how long they will take to inform us on our results and if we are still shortlisted.

Hello there! I've been looking for people to answer this question of yours before I took my test but I couldn't find any so time for me to share my experience to those wondering!

I took my ELEPT last month, 25th April, just received my statement of results today, 16th May.

For ELEPT, refer to the sample paper on the website, it is quite similar to the actual day.

For the Written component, we had 2 essays to write. One of which was a news article targeted to a certain audience, and the other was an essay about undergraduates posting negative feedback about their university on social media. Found the topics rather difficult and unexpected, but I'd suggest just studying the writing formats and manage your time well for the written papers.

As for the Spoken Component, we had to read up a passage and prepare for our monologue, we have 5mins to sit outside to prepare before we go in to see the invigilator who would record our entire time there. For this, just speak loudly and clearly, pace yourself well and avoid going out of topic.

No idea what are the chances of passing it but as bad as I felt after the exam, I managed to pass so just be calm and prepare ahead! :)

All the best to those taking their ELEPT soon!

shadedpages

Reaction score
Hi, did you have to go for the music audition before being accepted? Does it mean that not being called up to go for the music audition means definitely rejected?

hi Toffeenut5,

apologies as i just saw your post. yes i had to go through interview + audition. when was your interview? :) perhaps u can give them some time to contact you for the audition. all the best!

mellyflute

Reaction score
hi Toffeenut5,

apologies as i just saw your post. yes i had to go through interview + audition. when was your interview? :) perhaps u can give them some time to contact you for the audition. all the best!

Hello! I just went for the PGDE (Sec) Music audition yesterday. I'm not sure if it was meant to be, but it came across as quite informal? How long do they take to inform you of the audition results?

shadedpages

Reaction score
Hello! I just went for the PGDE (Sec) Music audition yesterday. I'm not sure if it was meant to be, but it came across as quite informal? How long do they take to inform you of the audition results?

hey mellyflute,

mine is pdge (pri) music so i'm not sure if it's the same audition etc etc. if i remember correctly, it took about 3-4 weeks for me to get confirmation and medical email :)

shadedpages

Reaction score
19 June Intake

Hey all,

Just wanted to ask if those who are starting on 19 June have received any news on your 1) contract teaching school posting 2) any further details after the appointment briefing and contract signing?

Thank you!

snowie29

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to ask if those who are starting on 19 June have received any news on your 1) contract teaching school posting 2) any further details after the appointment briefing and contract signing?

Thank you!

Nope. They did say 1-2 weeks before AOD date so maybe 2nd week of June? 😶

snowie29

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone know how Long after the medical checkup will they contact us?

Hi. My med check up deadline was 8 may and received letter on 11 may and appt briefing on 19th. 10th was vesak day, so you can take into consideration singpost picking up and sorting your mails as well haha. The letter was dated 9th and from past cases i noticed a possible trend, think they send out the letters about 10 days before the briefing. Hope this helps!! 🤗

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.