The Nuts About NUC Klub

greythorne

Reaction score
So anyone still discussing about intel NUC? Btw some mentioned about installing openelec, can it be used for normal day to day usage?

jk_eugenetay

Reaction score
When will the 7th gen NUC be out in retail? I'm facing problems with my 2600k desktop and wanna change to this already

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vijay shushu :eek:
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...are-now-smallest-4k-premium-content-media-pcs
intel-nuc-7th-gen-core_1.jpg

greythorne

Reaction score
Just asking, any tweaks for BIOS? I saw the BIOS setting for performance is set to max, I can put to balanced performance but can increase the graphics memory in BIOS?

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just asking, any tweaks for BIOS? I saw the BIOS setting for performance is set to max, I can put to balanced performance but can increase the graphics memory in BIOS?

At least on skylake model, I would say leave on balanced. Drivers keep them up to date. Skylake HD drivers earlier than 4454 are very problematic in both OpenGL and DirectX acceleration.

If you run very high framerate games, best to cap frames to prevent overheating. Its fine on most other games otherwise. Thermals are passable.

Fan profile can move to cool, leave the rest to windows for speedshift etc and the system defaults.

happily1986

Reaction score
Anybody bought an NUC from Aliexpress? Looking at an Eglobal branded NUC that comes with i5 5257u (Iris 6100).

My main requirement is video streaming from websites and maybe a little light gaming.

i need the NUC to support a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 with reasonable FPS as well.

Last edited:

miketay90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm a noob here, interested in getting NUC5i7RYH with 5th gen i7 5557 processor.

Expected cost 778 (exclude ram, he'd, OS).

Is it worth it given that the processor is quite an old gen processor?

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least half of the more well known shops including cm, videopro but damn overpriced compared to Amazon with GST normally. That's only if SRP is concerned.

To add on pretty sure fuwell has, best price or best computer with the red sign at level 3 also.

PCT no.

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so u suggest to get direct from amazon is cheaper?but i suppose its not international warranty right?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like NUC is still not mainstream enough to generate chatter...

I've been using Intel NUC for a few years (when it was still 3rd gen Intel chips). now already 8th gen...

love the small footprint and less parts to worry about. i'm not a gamer (thank goodness).

I've been looking around for an upgrade and one thing I'm trying to find is a fanless NUC. but seems like it's not common at all. anyone knows? maybe not even available in Singapore...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.