LIFE DURING AND AFTER NIE.

existence92

Banned
Reaction score
normal diploma onto BA/BS in education route = yes

arts/music teacher training is different though.

I see.. Is the salary also around 3.5k also? Hope u don't mind me asking.

I heard it was elsewhere for people with diploma

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct, that why must get a degree before you enter MOE as a Teacher.

*i heard that for diploma holder, the salary is somewhere around a low 2k inclusive of any other allowances etc. Even after 10 years, the annual increment might not be much.

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5 years ago, BA/BS in education from NTU with a 2.1 was getting 3.5k

that was super long ago.

idk if things are the same.

i'm not sure diploma pay.

scholar88

Reaction score
*i heard that for diploma holder, the salary is somewhere around a low 2k inclusive of any other allowances etc. Even after 10 years, the annual increment might not be much.

Yup, diploma holder teachers cannot expect that much for salary. Increment also very minimal.

existence92

Banned
Reaction score
so low meh salary

Yups. Had a shock too when I found out from Edmw who used to do for a diploma teacher.

Posted to primary school. Heng I didn't get into MOE after all, was rejected at the interview.

Now my classmate - dip in early childhood - studying in UniSim trying to upgrade herself.

@Kyoji: 😂 they demand perfect grades to teach... But don't give that amount. Some more get looked down from uni grads *supposedly* according to that person.

Quite sad life in sg.

@mervyn: Yeaps it does sucks. If I were the dip holder I would upgrade while studying, 2k+ at 30 is a bit.. 😢

@scholar88: very sad somehow.

Hope they can do some annual increment or sorts for this group of people. But their bonus is about a few months if I rmb correctly.

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, a lot of MOE teachers become tutor after bond ended.

Yups. Had a shock too when I found out from Edmw who used to do for a diploma teacher.

Posted to primary school. Heng I didn't get into MOE after all, was rejected at the interview.

Now my classmate - dip in early childhood - studying in UniSim trying to upgrade herself.

@Kyoji: 😂 they demand perfect grades to teach... But don't give that amount. Some more get looked down from uni grads *supposedly* according to that person.

Quite sad life in sg.

@mervyn: Yeaps it does sucks. If I were the dip holder I would upgrade while studying, 2k+ at 30 is a bit.. 😢

@scholar88: very sad somehow.

Hope they can do some annual increment or sorts for this group of people. But their bonus is about a few months if I rmb correctly.

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually those diploma teachers, they eventually get send back to NIE to do a part time degree by MOE leh. so they'll end up getting a pay bump once they grad. but its super siong.

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, a lot of MOE teachers become tutor after bond ended.

life as a teacher is hell nowadays.. better get mentally prepared before u decide to enrol in NIE...

Many teachers want to quit but cannot due to financial needs and are now suffering

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will mid career hires get offered a higher salary than $3+k after they pass their PGDE?

caltex88

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking for ex-teacher, got this job lobang on curriculum coordination. Salary around $3k plus. Pm me for details

nurulx

Reaction score
salary degree during uni

hi, can I know how much is the salary they will give during the first 2 years of your degree (BAsed).. and it is the undergraduate degree right?

2. is there an interview before being accepted into the degree?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.