kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The design still remains the same hahahhah
Like iphone hahahhah

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think there will be an Xperia X1, as Sony did mention that they're discontinuing the Premium Standard models lineup(which is the Xperia X/X Compact lineup) to focus on Flagship models.

What I would think is the Xperia XZ1 will be equipped with a Snapdragon 835 SoC while the XZ1 Compact will be equipped with a Snapdragon 660 SoC.

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

thomasyke

Reaction score
Don't think there will be an Xperia X1, as Sony did mention that they're discontinuing the Premium Standard models lineup(which is the Xperia X/X Compact lineup) to focus on Flagship models.

What I would think is the Xperia XZ1 will be equipped with a Snapdragon 835 SoC while the XZ1 Compact will be equipped with a Snapdragon 660 SoC.

unfortunately when the XZ1 releases with its SD835, the SD845 will be released and it'll be too little too late.

thomasyke

Reaction score
SD845 will likely be released only in Q2 2018 probably, maybe waiting for the Galaxy S9 launch.

The XZ1 will see a release likely in IFA 2017 this September.

:look: I was just bummed that they didn't release this along side the XZP, the XZP has got fine specs, but the physical size of it turned me off, it's really unfortunate.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unfortunately when the XZ1 releases with its SD835, the SD845 will be released and it'll be too little too late.

SD835 will be around as the qualcomm flagship CPU for 2017.
No need to worry about that.

stan216

Reaction score
Does anyone keep record of the accuracy of past "leaks"? If true, September is a long wait for me to upgrade from my Z3C. Plus, next week marks 2 years since I last re-contracted. Very tempted to get the X Compact from Sony shop :(

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone keep record of the accuracy of past "leaks"? If true, September is a long wait for me to upgrade from my Z3C. Plus, next week marks 2 years since I last re-contracted. Very tempted to get the X Compact from Sony shop :(

Spend the xtra money and got for XZs man, dont settle for less.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xperia XZ.. Xperia XZs.. Xperia XZ Premium and now.. Xperia XZ1.. this is confusing sia their naming system..

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How long do you plan to hold on the phone ?
If you are serial upgrader, you can buy and get the next gen 6 months later at a cheaper price. Sony has a very short product life cycle for their Xperia lineup.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long do you plan to hold on the phone ?
If you are serial upgrader, you can buy and get the next gen 6 months later at a cheaper price. Sony has a very short product life cycle for their Xperia lineup.

I think OP is those who only upgrade phone every two years, similar to those telco contract term.

By the way, it is not Sony phones that have short product life cycle.
They do support and update their phones more than most other phone makers.

They only introduce more premium or flagship phones in a year, and the older model gets price reduction faster.

Similar to many Android phones, buying the phone after a few months of its release is a lot cheaper.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Xperia XZ.. Xperia XZs.. Xperia XZ Premium and now.. Xperia XZ1.. this is confusing sia their naming system..

"s" has always been the stop gap solution, follow apple, as a form of refresh model.

Premium of cos is... sony top of the line model.

XZ - normal.
XZs - refresh normal.
XZ premium - top of the line.
XZ compact - smaller version of normal.

Then the next major refresh will be 1.

XZ1 - normal.
XZ1 premium.
XZ1 compact.

Then the next major refresh will be 2.

XZ2 - normal.
XZ2 premium.
XZ2 compact.

How is this confusing?? :D

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"s" has always been the stop gap solution, follow apple, as a form of refresh model.

XZ - normal.
XZs - refresh normal.

XZ1 - normal.
XZ1 premium.
XZ1 compact.

XZ2 - normal.
XZ2 premium.
XZ2 compact.

Some people prefer the fruity brand, to have only a few phones to buy. :D

Fruity S size
Fruity M size
Fruity L size

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

XZ - normal.
XZs - refresh normal.

XZ1 - normal.
XZ1 premium.
XZ1 compact.

XZ2 - normal.
XZ2 premium.
XZ2 compact.

Yeah, Sony has a rather streamlined lineup which is easily recognizable IMO.

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony's lineup is indeed streamlined. I guess the reason why it feels confusing is that other manufacturers has traditionally an annual refresh cycle, Sony has a much shorter product cycle. Consumers end up hearing about a new flagship when they haven't even warmed up to the predecessor.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony's lineup is indeed streamlined. I guess the reason why it feels confusing is that other manufacturers has traditionally an annual refresh cycle, Sony has a much shorter product cycle. Consumers end up hearing about a new flagship when they haven't even warmed up to the predecessor.

You should be referring to the dual or triple flagship strategy by Sony.

And it is not directly related to the product life cycle, where Sony has good record of firmware updates.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.