Which External HDD to get?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wd my passport on qoo10 now offer. Oni 79.90

I got mine from there.

http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=517017619

Evtech is selling WD 2TB black at $109.90.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SEAGATE-B...-PORTABLE-EXTERNAL/441953078?selectedOptions=

EDIT: future $20 off $100 cart coupon cant be used as discount is over 50%. So i used SCB cc to buy giftcard and used my 1000 qpoints to get at $90.40 for my friend. Quite for a 2tb ext hdd at $90.40 while IT show still selling at $129/$139.

Last edited:

titank

Reaction score
Any 1TB at $50 or 4 TB at $150? Those in Qoo10 do they give free pouch?:s12::s12:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My WD sudden up lorry rarely use
Only use for backup
Age -- 4yrs ++

Now go CEE check out replacement
Lucky I got dual backup on another ext hdd toshiba just hoot last year
Abe's a microsd as my triple backup hhaha

Urbanchap

Reaction score
I've been using Seagate HDD for backups all these years, mainly because the backup software (Dashboard) does continuous backup and is easy to set up. I've a Sony HDD as a free gift and the backup utility was primitive to say the least.

How's the backup utility on WD HDD? Any good? The WD sales guy at CEE was telling me their s/w is better than Seagate

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
popular i only see before portable hdd. if so, no, its not the same.

popular one is portable. 1 usb cable plug to computer can liao.

that 1 need its own power supply, and is bigger and heavier, usually meant to be placed in a spot and not moved like the desktop. some have fan to provide cooling too.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see
Then should be diff one
Thanks for xplaining
popular i only see before portable hdd. if so, no, its not the same.

popular one is portable. 1 usb cable plug to computer can liao.

that 1 need its own power supply, and is bigger and heavier, usually meant to be placed in a spot and not moved like the desktop. some have fan to provide cooling too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.