Viewqwest Fibre Internet disconnection fees after 24 Months contract

lklmikel

Reaction score
Existing customer and new sign up take note.

Viewqwest is charging a disconnect fee of $125.75. If you decide to terminate after your 24 months contracts!

I'm not aware when I signed up, and there is reason why I chose to terminate after my contract ends.

Starhub only charging $32 disconnect fee. I'm not sure of other Internet provider charges.

Example: Is just like you finish a movie at the cinema and they charge you for a walk out fee.

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who knows other areas are subsidized?

By right any operations handled by providers are chargeable, just that different providers charge differently. Some have activation fee, some have it waived, some have termination fee. It’s really up to them how they wanna lay it out lol

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed in the main Viewqwest thread

All Telco/ISP will have some sort of disconnection fee, or some sort of payment you have to pay when registering or terminating with the Telco/ISP

Some Telco/ISP will absorb the fee, some will ask you to pay a small sum
It all depends on the T&C when you sign up.

The main issue here is the sum of money collected is not for the Telco/ISP but for NetLink Trust.

NetLink Trust will collect a sum of money for processing the termination and this sum is collected via the Telco/ISP.
Depending on whether the Telco/ISP will absorb the sum of money fully or partially, the end user may or may not have to pay the sum of money. Whether the Telco/ISP collect the sum of money from end user or not, the Telco/ISP will still have to pay NetLink Trust the processing fee for the termination request by the end user

For your information, Viewqwest has changed the T&C for 2017
Now, subscribers pay a registration fee (i believe around $30?) and that's it. No more termination fee collected when terminating
If you are a subscriber from 2013 to 2016, then you have to pay the termination fee. Early adopters of Viewqwest (before 2013) who had to buy the modem (modem was not given free) need not pay the termination fee

This is the summary of a few posts posted in the main Viewqwest thread regarding termination fee, to save your trouble from browsing through hundreds of pages to find the information

Apex

Reaction score
Existing customer and new sign up take note.

Viewqwest is charging a disconnect fee of $125.75. If you decide to terminate after your 24 months contracts!

I'm not aware when I signed up, and there is reason why I chose to terminate after my contract ends.

Starhub only charging $32 disconnect fee. I'm not sure of other Internet provider charges.

Example: Is just like you finish a movie at the cinema and they charge you for a walk out fee.

I think all the sales promoter during the show failed to keep customer updated about the disconnection fee.

If u check your agreement is clearly written down.. Just nobody tell u at the point of sign up and worst if u sign online or email.

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You will only be told the costs and payments for duration of contract, activation/installation fees inclusive. Termination is another matter altogether.

Either way, it’s listed on the clause. If you sign on it, that’s your consent and issue to bear. Simple basis ;)

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not aware means you never read the contract terms. why people never read before they sign .. funny. do you sign off blindly on any documents you come across?

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give them free router at 59.9 per month, complain say monthly subscription too high.

Give them 49.9 per month and top up for router, say router also need to top up and say other provider giving free router.

How to please them? Yeah I’m referring to you TS.

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

To clarify further on what tkl wrote.

There was a period of time where we included a disconnection fee in our contracts - this would have been roughly 2014-2015. We did this because we removed the one-time fee at the start of the plan (based on customer feedback at shows that they didn't like it).

Last year we removed the disconnection fee, again following customer feedback, for new subs. We also stated that for any customers who's contract mentioned a disconnection fee, if they re-contracted the terms of the new contract would supercede (so no disconnection fee!), as a thank you for re-contracting.

Currently our monthly plans do have a small registration fee ($53.50) that is charged soon after signup (a few days if you apply in-person or via e-mail, immediately if you apply through our online signup portal).

Our upfront plans do not have any registration fee, but the full plan fee is charged soon after signup (again, a few days if apply in-person/e-mail - immediately online).

Hope that helps to clarify!

-Nic

stevenpoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

To clarify further on what tkl wrote.

There was a period of time where we included a disconnection fee in our contracts - this would have been roughly 2014-2015. We did this because we removed the one-time fee at the start of the plan (based on customer feedback at shows that they didn't like it).

Last year we removed the disconnection fee, again following customer feedback, for new subs. We also stated that for any customers who's contract mentioned a disconnection fee, if they re-contracted the terms of the new contract would supercede (so no disconnection fee!), as a thank you for re-contracting.

Currently our monthly plans do have a small registration fee ($53.50) that is charged soon after signup (a few days if you apply in-person or via e-mail, immediately if you apply through our online signup portal).

Our upfront plans do not have any registration fee, but the full plan fee is charged soon after signup (again, a few days if apply in-person/e-mail - immediately online).

Hope that helps to clarify!

-Nic

How to know if my plan have this disconnection fee?
I sign up somewhere around July or August 2015 and activate on Sept 2015
Customer No: A00015567

I am sick of the monthly downtime of yours.

March 2017 - 2 days down time due to maintenance - no compensation given
April 2017 - intermittent connection drop and low speed
May 2017 - modem spoilt - replace with a very dirty modem, intermittent connection drop
June 2017 - modem spoilt again

Since March I have downtime of min 1 day every month till now, wonder how many days in July till my contract end in Sept

Half of the time I work from home, your unreliable service is getting me huge trouble when working at home.

Last edited:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
How to know if my plan have this disconnection fee?
I sign up somewhere around July or August 2015 and activate on Sept 2015
Customer No: A00015567

I am sick of the monthly downtime of yours.

March 2017 - 2 days down time due to maintenance - no compensation given
April 2017 - intermittent connection drop and low speed
May 2017 - modem spoilt - replace with a very dirty modem, intermittent connection drop
June 2017 - modem spoilt again

Since March I have downtime of min 1 day every month till now, wonder how many days in July till my contract end in Sept

Half of the time I work from home, your unreliable service is getting me huge trouble when working at home.

For your case, you will have to pay the disconnection fee and if you want to terminate the service now, you have to pay the early termination fee as well

If you wait until September 2017, you only need to pay the disconnection fee

stevenpoon

Reaction score
For your case, you will have to pay the disconnection fee and if you want to terminate the service now, you have to pay the early termination fee as well

crap service. money know how to collect, yet having downtime every month.

stevenpoon

Reaction score

I just go thru the contract doc, it stat port disconnection fee upon termination of subscription and circuit to subscribers premise is $54.50

So how much is the disconnection fee than? 120+ or 54.50 as indicate in the contract or do I miss out any other line indicating some other fee?

nqvbkn.png

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You may have to check your actual contract agreement.

As stated in my Starhub contract in pdf.
Part 1: Subscriber details and charges in detail on individual services & items.

Part 2: General Terms and Conditions, which is mostly in standard for on a particular promotion.

Part 3: All the charges in details, as in similar to bill contents where show all the breakdown on individual services and items charges.

So basically if you understand the way the bill content is layout, then most probably the contract content layout could be similar.

I just go thru the contract doc, it stat port disconnection fee upon termination of subscription and circuit to subscribers premise is $54.50

So how much is the disconnection fee than? 120+ or 54.50 as indicate in the contract or do I miss out any other line indicating some other fee?

stevenpoon

Reaction score
You may have to check your actual contract agreement.

As stated in my Starhub contract in pdf.
Part 1: Subscriber details and charges in detail on individual services & items.

Part 2: General Terms and Conditions, which is mostly in standard for on a particular promotion.

Part 3: All the charges in details, as in similar to bill contents where show all the breakdown on individual services and items charges.

So basically if you understand the way the bill content is layout, then most probably the contract content layout could be similar.

the table I put is taken from my contract. where I keep seeing other posting 120+ for disconnect fee where I can't find any $120+ in the table. thus I am asking.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the table I put is taken from my contract. where I keep seeing other posting 120+ for disconnect fee where I can't find any $120+ in the table. thus I am asking.

The picture is part of the contract.

The top section: One Time Service Charges applicable to contract.
This is the section where the charges apply to you based on the descriptions.
Line item 4: Port Disconnection Fee upon termination of subscription = $54.50
This apply to you and not the 120+ which never stated in this section.

Hence, your contract is clearly stated which means based on the contract and top section is fixed at the point on signing the contract.
This is what i mean that each promotion period is fixed at that point and outside the promotion is not applicable to your contract.

As when i terminated on another address, the staff mentioned as $32.10 as charge by NetLink Trust, of which yours is $54.50 same description.

The 2nd section: Miscellaneous Charges (if applicable) -> as refer are mostly additional cost where items done and charges are no change, even if they decided to review the charges later as not applicable to you.
Should any of the description is true, then the charge is as stated is payable.

Hence whatever stated in the contract is clear, of which they cannot charge you more than what is stated according to the description.
Should there a description you want to do and not stated anywhere in this contract, do check and confirm, in writing black&white from them, on the charge.
This is partly due to unforeseen circumstances not known when the contract is written and signed.

Regards.

chickydevil

Reaction score
I would like to terminate viewqwest isp after 3 weeks of using it. Why? Right from the very start, nothing goes smoothly, deliveryman went mia and i couldnt get my router n internet setup on the day i wanted. Ended up i had to setup 3days later. Ok, i will let episode 1 pass. After setup, internet cannot work. Called technical team, speak for 3hours. Still cannot work. In the end, the person that was doing the changing of lan ports for me ask the vq technical team to reset internet profile on their backend. Finally solved all thanks to the not-viewqwest employee.

Now 3weeks into using it, service outage during afternoon and night time after 1030pm. Called service team for 2hours cant aolve anything. Gave up and went to sleep. See how it goes tomorrow.... Really cannot take this lousy service anymore.... Viewqwest i would like to get back my $888 payment and cancel your service.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure they would allow you to terminate after 3 weeks. Had not heard anyone successfully terminate.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would like to terminate viewqwest isp after 3 weeks of using it. Why? Right from the very start, nothing goes smoothly, deliveryman went mia and i couldnt get my router n internet setup on the day i wanted. Ended up i had to setup 3days later. Ok, i will let episode 1 pass. After setup, internet cannot work. Called technical team, speak for 3hours. Still cannot work. In the end, the person that was doing the changing of lan ports for me ask the vq technical team to reset internet profile on their backend. Finally solved all thanks to the not-viewqwest employee.

Now 3weeks into using it, service outage during afternoon and night time after 1030pm. Called service team for 2hours cant aolve anything. Gave up and went to sleep. See how it goes tomorrow.... Really cannot take this lousy service anymore.... Viewqwest i would like to get back my $888 payment and cancel your service.
U paid upfront? WTH for? Good luck now if u think they will give full refund.

More importantly why did u sign up with VQ despite all the discussions here? I mean seriously, i sign up when VQ was perfect. Now that its gone down the longkang, confirm i will not renew.

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure they would allow you to terminate after 3 weeks. Had not heard anyone successfully terminate.

And that is why they are locking people down with a one-time payment.
You are at their absolute mercy even with technical issues, poor support and countless downtimes.

I strongly suggest you immediately go to CASE and file a report.

Good luck with money, but it's gone.
Highly doubt they will even acknowledge the issue.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And that is why they are locking people down with a one-time payment.
You are at their absolute mercy even with technical issues, poor support and countless downtimes.

I strongly suggest you immediately go to CASE and file a report.

Good luck with money, but it's gone.
Highly doubt they will even acknowledge the issue.
I still recall VQ excuse was if we charge upfront there is less cost than billing monthly so we can pass savings to u. 😂 I didnt fall for that bull crap.

NEVER pay upfront for any service. Should u decide to cancel not only do u get slapped with early termination penalty but u dont get refunded too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.