the OnePlus 5 !!!

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification, apologise for the misleading info, probably was sleeping when reading. Wouldn't expect much from them anyway, just go with custom ROM. Just expect O will be the last OS update for OP3.

Your wife didn't complain why so complex? What is Lineage? =:p

She does not need to know what she is using as long as she can use it for her needs. I maintain the phone for her, e.g., updating etc, so she just needs to use it, don't need to bother with anything else.

Last edited:

aqualeris

Reaction score
actually not many companies have managed to have a good software update cycle

For absolute best software updates go for iPhones absolutely no contest. 4 years+ support is insane. But then the huge Android OEMs like Samsung at least guarantee 2 Android version updates. Even S6 series are now getting Nougat. OP2 only got one (Lollipop to MM).

Yeah it's a strange decision made by OnePlus, as the Snapdragon 810 is able to handle Android 7 well.. Heck, even the Sony Xperia Z3+/Xperia Z5 series that's released in the same year with the same SoC has been updated to Android 7 already.. :s22:

Sony is one of the more underrated Android OEMs that actually deliver fast Android updates and support for 2 years+. And their phones are reported to not slow down as much over the years unlike Samsung, and their skin is quite stock-like. Too bad their hardware design is super underwhelming with huge bezels and basically same block shape for many years or I would consider a Sony phone.

For me, 2 years is good enough - won't use any phone longer than that. We'll see if they screw it up again once OP5 is released.

True this, but OP2 didn't even receive 2 years worth of updates (I only count 1, since it only got one Android version update from Lollipop to MM). Quite unforgivable since they promised Nougat. They basically lied to their customers.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For absolute best software updates go for iPhones absolutely no contest. 4 years+ support is insane. But then the huge Android OEMs like Samsung at least guarantee 2 Android version updates. Even S6 series are now getting Nougat. OP2 only got one (Lollipop to MM).

Sony is one of the more underrated Android OEMs that actually deliver fast Android updates and support for 2 years+. And their phones are reported to not slow down as much over the years unlike Samsung, and their skin is quite stock-like. Too bad their hardware design is super underwhelming with huge bezels and basically same block shape for many years or I would consider a Sony phone.

True this, but OP2 didn't even receive 2 years worth of updates (I only count 1, since it only got one Android version update from Lollipop to MM). Quite unforgivable since they promised Nougat. They basically lied to their customers.
Yeah...no excuses. Probably because it sold like crap, they just didn't want to waste time updating it for a small user base. What matters now is how they deal with the OP3 crowd and the sales for OP5.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
More or less confirmed the dual cam will be the same as R11 in OP5, i.e., fruit dual cam style, as suspected & expected.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"OnePlus, meanwhile, admitted to “rigging” benchmark results earlier this year to try and make its OnePlus 3 and 3T flagships appear more capable than they are."

Quoted from here.

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If still 1080p, likely will buy essential or pixel 2 xl liao since now rumoured to be LG made.. Hopefully can be smaller form factor like g6

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
If still 1080p, likely will buy essential or pixel 2 xl liao since now rumoured to be LG made.. Hopefully can be smaller form factor like g6

For Christ sake pls not made by LG or Huawei!
HTC or even Lenovo for all I care

Last edited:

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If HTC makes it, maybe smaller screen but with huge bezels resulting in same phone size as xl?
Hahahah.....not practical lah. If the XL is small then the non-XL no reason to exist.

Unless they only release one model this cycle.

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahahah.....not practical lah. If the XL is small then the non-XL no reason to exist.

Unless they only release one model this cycle.[/QUOTE)]

Precisely.. HTC disappointment is the huge bezels in both pixels.. See liao also sian

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
HTC is only task to produce the phone because google has no factory. They play no part in the pixel design. Everything you see from pixel are all google decisions, not HTC.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HTC is only task to produce the phone because google has no factory. They play no part in the pixel design. Everything you see from pixel are all google decisions, not HTC.
So saying it's Google's fault for selecting them lor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.