Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fHl4A32l.jpg

How to make a summer shirt made out of light and gauzy linen even more breathable?

By taking out the fabric from under the back of the collar!

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as you're clever enough not to squander your money foolishly.

Well, I guess. At least I don't mind spending $$ on watches. Clothes are just... Clothes.

Anyway, I made a charcoal suit with Mr Ong in Reda fabric. This time w/o extra pants. Hope it turns out fine. Get to save almost as much as what an odd jacket would cost (from his end), as compared to what other tailors quoted.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess. At least I don't mind spending $$ on watches. Clothes are just... Clothes.

Anyway, I made a charcoal suit with Mr Ong in Reda fabric. This time w/o extra pants. Hope it turns out fine. Get to save almost as much as what an odd jacket would cost (from his end), as compared to what other tailors quoted.
Btw, what sort of linings did Mr Ong offer you? I hope it wasn't one of the polyester ones which he stocks because I know he has cupro/rayon equivalent.

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
They just shifted to a new and bigger storefront. Seems like they r doing quite well.

I would avoid date este bartin as well. Did 3 shirts with them and out of 3, 2 turn out tight at forearm. Told him to change bigger he keep measuring the remaining allowable cloth sand told me that's e biggest or it will be ugly.. I personally feel they just don't want to waste material and change... what make it worst is the guy told me too big look like g2000. I was angry and didn't say much and keep insisting I want bigger.

Honestly they are still new to market and not very good at getting the measurement.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not rich enough to think $180 for a pair of pants is very cheap. :(

It's all relative.

Compared to what certain places charges, I would think $180 a pair for a bespoke pants is cheap. Not a steal, but at least it fits and looks better than off the rack.

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bite the bullet and purchased a suitsupply linen jacket to try.

Few days later then collect as I need some sleeve alteration from the shoulder. Will post pictures after. Appreciate some comments on the fitting.

To me, the fit looks better than my previous few MTM suits, ha ha ha.

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They just shifted to a new and bigger storefront. Seems like they r doing quite well.
I feel that their shirt and pants are really not bad, very value for money.

My jacket with them really not up to par though, oh well, $480 for a lesson I guess, and unable to salvage le unfortunately.

Satki General

Reaction score
Anyone tried or heard of Joe's tailor before? Went to the new GSH Plaza at CBD second floor. Seem to have quite a big shop front with plenty of staff

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel that their shirt and pants are really not bad, very value for money.

My jacket with them really not up to par though, oh well, $480 for a lesson I guess, and unable to salvage le unfortunately.
Which tailor is this again?

Few days later then collect as I need some sleeve alteration from the shoulder. Will post pictures after. Appreciate some comments on the fitting.

Yaas not all custom or bespoke is necessarily better than RTW.

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah, if you're of a "standard size", sometimes OTR can be a good option too.. No need to wait too long for alterations to be done!

Reaction score

It's been a while since I visited Mr Ong. Should probably do so and ask him if he can do linen suits with fabrics from w bill or even seersucker ones! Post pics!

Last edited:

2359_hrs

Reaction score
If you up your budget by a bit (200-300), you should be able to go to Meiko(need to check - they may not be taking in CMT anymore), RD(aka InPersonam), Iris(you need to call and check).

Thanks! Will give Meiko a visit as it's just beside my office. Do they carry the usual VBC, Reda as well?

The reason I want to do CMT is because of some Dormeuil fabric I saw online.

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Will give Meiko a visit as it's just beside my office. Do they carry the usual VBC, Reda as well?

Yes, they carry quite a variety of fabrics.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sadly, Chung no longer does CMT for new clients.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Where do you all do your clothes if you gonna do it in BKK. Any to intro? Want to alternate some slightly cheaper options. Thanks

vintagepotato

Reaction score
interested to get a 2 piece bespoke from KayJen Dylan, can anyone tell me whats the starting price for 2 piece bespoke from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.