Help please ethernet issues - new pc

Mrdespo

Reaction score
I am unable to connect to the ethernet. It says unidentified network and when i troubleshoot this is the msg i get "ethernet doesn't have valid ip configuration" tried restarting modem and failed to fix issue

The lan cable is connected from my modem straight to the pc.

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
I am unable to connect to the ethernet. It says unidentified network and when i troubleshoot this is the msg i get "ethernet doesn't have valid ip configuration" tried restarting modem and failed to fix issue

The lan cable is connected from my modem straight to the pc.

did u try to call ur ISP first to check?

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check what ? My wifi is working though

You need to ask them if they even enabled DHCP.

Is your WiFi direct from the modem, or you bridged to a router? If bridged, plug your LAN cable into the router.

Mrdespo

Reaction score
:s13: shld have told that.....did u try to update lan driver from cd?

Oh i have the cd but no cd reader. Should i go online and download some driver? I assumed the drivers to be installed alonf with windows. I havent axtivated my windows of that matters

Mrdespo

Reaction score
You need to ask them if they even enabled DHCP.

Is your WiFi direct from the modem, or you bridged to a router? If bridged, plug your LAN cable into the router.

Modem straight to pc. Could it be because idunhavw rhw driver installed?

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh i have the cd but no cd reader. Should i go online and download some driver? I assumed the drivers to be installed alonf with windows. I havent axtivated my windows of that matters

if u can't surf the net how u going to install the driver...lan driver found at the cd or manufacturer page or store it at thumbdrive

example for Asus Board

BYyuX4S.png

Last edited:

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to use another pc and dl your mobo lan driver into a thumbdrive then install into your new pc.

Mrdespo

Reaction score
HELP PLEASEE!!
I downloaded the lan drivers from asrock b35o gaming k4 mobo site but noting changed still the same error

Mrdespo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, the problem got solced after i on onboard lan and reconnected the wires

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.