Question on output for microphone

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
What's your mixer?

sunbuck av mp326c , u can search from the 1st few or image in the browser..
As u see there is all those EQ setting which nothing related to switching, I mean I just take it as mixer usage but it won't pass thru my avr whereas music went thru my avr from the mixer as normal in analog mode CD..

Apex

Reaction score
how it the sunbuck av mp326c connect to the AVR?

sunbuck av mp326c // output RCA > RCA connect to AVR?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there music coming out from the MP326C speaker?

If you've already connected it like below and there is no mic going to the AVR, then this mixer-amp is just one of those that only outputs mic to speaker out.
OlgdqEG.png

Do the below knobs and switches do anything?
UVos06D.png

Since you already have an AVR and speakers I honestly thought you would have bought something like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...2794648833.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.30.uYoAqq

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there music coming out from the MP326C speaker?

If you've already connected it like below and there is no mic going to the AVR, then this mixer-amp is just one of those that only outputs mic to speaker out.
OlgdqEG.png

Do the below knobs and switches do anything?
UVos06D.png

Since you already have an AVR and speakers I honestly thought you would have bought something like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...2794648833.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.30.uYoAqq

From the diagram of connection, indeed I connect by that way..

If I never connet any speaker on the sunbuck amp, only music can be heard from my avr speaker but not mic even the 2 turning knob got no response.. Once I connect one spare speaker to the mixer amp and try togather with my avr, my AVR speaker got music but no mic audio and sunbuck amp got both music and mic audio as well..

I really din expect the sunbuck amp need to speaker output by it own that way so I just went to buy it and try to his sunbuck mixer amp.. Haizz

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the diagram of connection, indeed I connect by that way..

If I never connet any speaker on the sunbuck amp, only music can be heard from my avr speaker but not mic even the 2 turning knob got no response.. Once I connect one spare speaker to the mixer amp and try togather with my avr, my AVR speaker got music but no mic audio and sunbuck amp got both music and mic audio as well..

I really din expect the sunbuck amp need to speaker output by it own that way so I just went to buy it and try to his sunbuck mixer amp.. Haizz

From start to finish, you should have just consider a Karaoke box
solve the problem.
That is why most Karaoke box need to have it's own speaker
so you can hear both the mic and the music.

If you can just upgrade the sunbuck amp to a proper Karaoke box.
Not to mention a proper box will allow you to program, load songs
and etc.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One way to do a quick troubleshoot is to:

With speaker connected directly to sunbuck

1. Only connect the mic and talk, don't on music, is there sound (from the mic) coming out of the speakers?

With sunbuck connected to AVR, and speaker connected to the AVR

2. Only connect the mic and talk, don't on music, is there sound (from the mic) coming out of the speakers?

- Also check the EQ, if all of them is being shifted to -12dB may not have sound coming out

- Also, if a speaker is connected to the "left channel speaker out" of the sunbuck, but the "Balance" knob on the sunbuck is "turned (or panned)" all the way to the "right", there will be no sound coming out of the left channel speaker.

I am wondering if the "line out" contains the combined signal of the music+mic, or it only "parallel" out the music input signal. Logically it should contain "mic+music" as that is the purpose of this amplifier

I used similar set up before, the output of my mixing amplifier that contains "music+mic" is taken before the internal power amplifier and they call it "pre-out".

Worst case scenario just buy two karaoke speakers of the appropriate size and rating and connect to the sunbuck. Just turn on the appropriate equipment when karaoke.

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
One way to do a quick troubleshoot is to:

With speaker connected directly to sunbuck

1. Only connect the mic and talk, don't on music, is there sound (from the mic) coming out of the speakers?

With sunbuck connected to AVR, and speaker connected to the AVR

2. Only connect the mic and talk, don't on music, is there sound (from the mic) coming out of the speakers?

- Also check the EQ, if all of them is being shifted to -12dB may not have sound coming out

- Also, if a speaker is connected to the "left channel speaker out" of the sunbuck, but the "Balance" knob on the sunbuck is "turned (or panned)" all the way to the "right", there will be no sound coming out of the left channel speaker.

I am wondering if the "line out" contains the combined signal of the music+mic, or it only "parallel" out the music input signal. Logically it should contain "mic+music" as that is the purpose of this amplifier

I used similar set up before, the output of my mixing amplifier that contains "music+mic" is taken before the internal power amplifier and they call it "pre-out".

Worst case scenario just buy two karaoke speakers of the appropriate size and rating and connect to the sunbuck. Just turn on the appropriate equipment when karaoke.

Yea the sunbuck work in the way that it's speaker output is for the mic or speakers which won't transfer over to another amp , I tried a few ways with no luck the mic will always output to the sunbuck amp mixer.. (Cause it a power amp)

Anyway I think I will just get a proper DJ mixer or mixer preamp and not another amplifier for my avr setup..

Last edited:

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea the sunbuck work in the way that it's speaker output is for the mic or speakers which won't transfer over to another amp , I tried a few ways with no luck the mic will always output to the sunbuck amp mixer.. (Cause it a power amp)

Anyway I think I will just get a proper DJ mixer or mixer preamp and not another amplifier for my avr setup..

Ok, maybe you can consider selling the sunbuck amplifier online or carousell and earn some money back to cover the cost of your new equipments.

Yes, you may need a "Karaoke processor" without an amplifier.

Maybe I will just share some of my opinions of working with karaoke set up and some of the equipments.

DJ Mixer

I think a DJ Mixer is not so appropriate for use in karaoke, as DJ mixers usually are built with only 1 microphone input.
The reason for this microphone input is for the DJ to say things like "Are you ready?, Somebody scream!, Put your hands up in the air!". Sound effects like "echo, room, hall, etc" can be applied to the mic too.

The main use of a DJ mixer is to enable "seamless combination" from one audio input to another input, so there wont be any "silence" in between two songs.
Technically it can still be used for karaoke, as it will still mix the voice from the microphone with the audio input.
But if you are intending to plug in a few microphones and sing karaoke with your family, then the DJ mixer is not an ideal choice.

DJ Mixer (Wired Mic): http://i.imgur.com/vWR6zhG.jpg

In the pic, the silver thingy with black sliders on top of the box is my old DJ mixer, as you can see it only allows 1 microphone to be plugged in.
Good for occasional announcement making, maybe not so good for family karaoke.

DJ Mixer (Better view, wireless mic): http://i.imgur.com/dh1pGW7.jpg
The mic input is on the far left column

Normal Mixer

Depending on its size, a mixer will allow you to input more microphones(not limited to mic, can be almost any appropriate analog signal).
Like the DJ Mixer, these mixers also come with an effects processor that can apply effects to the inputs. Though the mixer may not look intuitive, after getting familiar it is quite user friendly.

Pic of a mixer: http://i.imgur.com/pgmUe3R.jpg

Usually the use of the mixer is to allow mixing of live equipments such as many microphones, guitar, drums, keyboard, etc.

It can still be used for karaoke but it does lack some features such as "key control"

Karaoke Mixer/Processor
If you are only using karaoke at home, I think it would be better if you get these type of karaoke mixer/processor.

Example (not advertisement, for illustration purpose): http://www.acekaraoke.com/vocopro-d...e-mixer-with-vocal-enhancer.html#.WUfMMlFLepo

This is similar to sunbuck amplifier you bought, except they took out the "power amplifier to drive the speaker" part, and only include the "audio signal processing/microphone mixing" part.

One of the reason why I think you can consider this type of mixer is because they added in the "key control".

This is useful when the singer cannot reach the key of the song, then can use this key control to tune the song to another level up/down so it is easier (i can't sing, my customers feedback this to me before).

Of course if your karaoke software can do key control, then no need to get another external equipment for this job. The "karaoke mixer" may only have effects such as "echo", while the DJ mixer/ mixers have more effects. But i believe for karaoke, "Echo" and "Key control" is enough.

Along with the effects/key control, I believe these type of "karaoke mixer" will be able to output "mic + music" to your AVR, which should be what you are looking for. Maybe you can look along this line.

---

These equipments are similar in their working principles, just that they are customised to different purposes. Eg. the sunbuck is a mixing circuit+ mini processing circuit + amplifier circuit.
Maybe a more expensive karaoke amplifier will include more mic inputs +better processor with more effects +more powerful amplifier.
If they take out the power amplifier, then they call it a "Karaoke processor"

For some who like to customise, they can buy many long range wireless microphone and connect to a mixer.
The mixer can allow the input signals to be first sent out to an external standalone vocal processors (eg. karaoke processor, sonic maximiser, expander, etc) through the send/return section, before coming back into the mixer.
Then the signal from the mixer can be sent to an equaliser, then to powerful amplifiers, big speakers, subwoofers.
Some people call it "professional karaoke set up".

Last edited:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe you can consider selling the sunbuck amplifier online or carousell and earn some money back to cover the cost of your new equipments.

Maybe I will just share some of my opinions of working with karaoke set up and some of the equipments.

DJ Mixer

I think a DJ Mixer is not so appropriate for use in karaoke, as DJ mixers usually are built with only 1 microphone input.
The reason for this microphone input is for the DJ to say things like "Are you ready?, Somebody scream!, Put your hands up in the air!". Sound effects like "echo, room, hall, etc" can be applied to the mic too.

The main use of a DJ mixer is to enable "seamless combination" from one audio input to another input, so there wont be any "silence" in between two songs.
Technically it can still be used for karaoke, as it will still mix the voice from the microphone with the audio input.
But if you are intending to plug in a few microphones and sing karaoke with your family, then the DJ mixer is not an ideal choice.

In the pic, the silver thingy with black sliders on top of the box is my old DJ mixer, as you can see it only allows 1 microphone to be plugged in.

Normal Mixer

Depending on its size, a mixer will allow you to input more microphones(not limited to mic, can be almost any appropriate analog signal).
Like the DJ Mixer, these mixers also come with an effects processor that can apply effects to the inputs. Though the mixer may not look intuitive, after getting familiar it is quite user friendly.

Usually the use of the mixer is to allow mixing of live equipments such as many microphones, guitar, drums, keyboard, etc.

It can still be used for karaoke but it does lack some features such as "key control"

Karaoke Mixer/Processor
If you are only using karaoke at home, I think it would be better if you get these type of karaoke mixer/processor.

Example (not advertisement, for illustration purpose): http://www.acekaraoke.com/vocopro-d...e-mixer-with-vocal-enhancer.html#.WUfMMlFLepo

This is similar to sunbuck amplifier you bought, except they took out the "power amplifier to drive the speaker" part, and only include the "audio signal processing/microphone mixing" part.

One of the reason why I think you can consider this type of mixer is because they added in the "key control".

This is useful when the singer cannot reach the key of the song, then can use this key control to tune the song to another level up/down so it is easier (i can't sing, my customers feedback this to me before).

Of course if your karaoke software can do key control, then no need to get another external equipment for this job. The "karaoke mixer" may only have effects such as "echo", while the DJ mixer/ mixers have more effects. But i believe for karaoke, "Echo" and "Key control" is enough.

Along with the effects/key control, I believe these type of "karaoke mixer" will be able to output "mic + music" to your AVR, which should be what you are looking for. Maybe you can look along this line.

---

These equipments are similar in their working principles, just that they are customised to different purposes. Eg. the sunbuck is a mixing circuit+ mini processing circuit + amplifier circuit.
Maybe a more expensive karaoke amplifier will include more mic inputs +better processor with more effects +more powerful amplifier.

For some who like to customise, they can buy many long range wireless microphone and connect to a mixer.
The mixer can allow the input signals to be first sent out to an external standalone vocal processors (eg. karaoke processor, sonic maximiser, expander, etc) through the send/return section, before coming back into the mixer.
Then the signal from the mixer can be sent to an equaliser, then to powerful amplifiers, big speakers, subwoofers.

Agree, in short just get a Karaoke box.
Saw the Pioneer one at Audio house along with others like BMB and etc.

https://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/products-detail/index.html/?product=SA-Z500A

DJ console and mixer, are meant for audio recording/mixing purposes
not really for Karaoke.
Hope TS just sell that Sunbuck amp and get a proper Karaoke box.

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score

DJ Mixer

Normal Mixer

Karaoke Mixer/Processor

---

Thanks for the information bro's, actually is my mistake for getting this sunbuck without checking much as the dealer from explain everything will work as i require.. :o
(I might keep the sunbuck amp for direct speakers karaoke as of now i dont have a spare space to setup in a room)

At the moment i searching, hope that can get a mixer preamp with the features build on that i want..
Like as you mention, not all mixer come with "key control" and bass/treble also quite important for singing..

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree, in short just get a Karaoke box.
Saw the Pioneer one at Audio house along with others like BMB and etc.

https://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/products-detail/index.html/?product=SA-Z500A

DJ console and mixer, are meant for audio recording/mixing purposes
not really for Karaoke.
Hope TS just sell that Sunbuck amp and get a proper Karaoke box.

Yes i know, but the pioneer powered mixer you keep recommend are functioning the same way as i bought the sunbuck which make no sense for me to buy back again a powered mixer..
The sunbuck is a proper karaoke box which i bought wrongly due to i never really double check with the seller in the first place..

Bro, I think you might miss out or forgot what i going to setup in my first post..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.