Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

walkofwinners

Reaction score
Just go to the ones with a lot of sg cars. If you are adventurous, go for those with msia cars.

Prices are more or less the same for the basic wax wash package. About 200rm I think.

any place to recommend for polish and wax? not too sure what's the market rate as well.

laksafan

Reaction score
Google for address

1. Gosford leather (24 Tampoi)

2. JB Auto Trim & Restyling (google for it, its a fb page)

Hello all! I'm driving a Swift Sport and I'm planning to renew my car COE and so decided to do the car Swee Swee before I do that. Planning to go in this Thursday to do a lot of things, after seeing all the Bros recommendation, here is the list of things I've gathered. If anyone don't mind please feel free to advise me if there is a better place that I should go, I'll appreciate any advise or recommendation.

Problem: Aircon not cold after stuck in jam for too 20mins and above. Decide to diagnose at the below workshop

Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler

15, Jalan Perang, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, 80400, Johor Bahru, Johor, 80400, Malaysia
+60 7-332 6820

Problem: Speaker wiring seems to have problem. Also deciding whether to do sound proofing depending on the cost.

Sheng auto.
92, Jalan Bukit Kempas 1/18, Taman Bukit Kempas,
Johor Bahru

Problem: coolant water need to TOP up almost once a week

LCH Brother
2 Jalan Perkasa 3 Taman Ungku Tun Aminah 81300 Skudai Johor Malaysia

Lastly, I'm looking for a workshop to do re upholster work for my seat, can anyone kindly recommend a good shop please?

I'll be staying there for a few days so no problem Travelling or staying late or whatever. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Big thank you to Laksafan for recommending LCH and Ah Yuan. Just serviced my car with change of tyres there and had very good experience! Really only change those required. Those i ask him to check(battery/suspension/ATF etc) , he did check but say no need to change! Last time in SGP workshops, check liao sure need to change zzz.

LCH prices are also very affordable! Highly recommended!

Thanks Laksafan again! :)

Sent from using GAGT

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the workshop said leave ur car here for few days...u dare?

Nope Gosford don't do biz this way.

1st trip to them is to take measurements and pay deposit. Then you leave.

3 weeks later you go in again in the morning, they will strip out your seats. Either you hang around for 6~8 hours or you go makan and come back.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT

berney

Reaction score
Just recommended my friend to overhaul his gearbox at LCH brother. Was quoted only 2.8k, compared to many workshop in sg minimum 1.5k and above. Overall they done a good job and is very reliable. thumbs up for them

laksafan

Reaction score
you are welcome.

Big thank you to Laksafan for recommending LCH and Ah Yuan. Just serviced my car with change of tyres there and had very good experience! Really only change those required. Those i ask him to check(battery/suspension/ATF etc) , he did check but say no need to change! Last time in SGP workshops, check liao sure need to change zzz.

LCH prices are also very affordable! Highly recommended!

Thanks Laksafan again! :)

Sent from using GAGT

laksafan

Reaction score
No problem bro... good to know its helpful

Also a small tip for all brothers here and for all brothers who intro friends, besides all of you pls tell your friends not to bargain with any workshop in jb... the reason why alot of JB workshops near the causeway like to chop sg cars cos according to syrakit fuji aircon boss (was chillin with him) he says that everyone come ask for discount, some will beg and lose temper and be persistent on a discount when it is very cheap already (they too have rental and overheads)... so many workshops who encounter such nonsense one too many time, will start to charge higher, so that when the person ask for discount will still pay the same price as they originally quoted but not without saying many no(s) first and if they are lucky they get to charge higher that it normally would have....

So some workshops over the years become very expensive, because Singaporeans go there and bargain alot.... (some pple not just bargain but they literally beg! seriously, dun sia suay)

what was embarrassing was that its always the sg cars that will bargain... i was like no im not gonna bargain with u hahahaha

Just recommended my friend to overhaul his gearbox at LCH brother. Was quoted only 2.8k, compared to many workshop in sg minimum 1.5k and above. Overall they done a good job and is very reliable. thumbs up for them

laksafan

Reaction score
all the workshops i recommended

YS, LCH, BTS, i dare...
i left for a week before too.... $60 cashcard and i left a bag with rm150 and $50 sing inside... car was at bts for a week then to ys for a week... no problem.... earlier this year I dropped off my car outside lch workshop (didnt even park inside..... no problems, car still there

If the workshop said leave ur car here for few days...u dare?

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
all the workshops i recommended

YS, LCH, BTS, i dare...
i left for a week before too.... $60 cashcard and i left a bag with rm150 and $50 sing inside... car was at bts for a week then to ys for a week... no problem.... earlier this year I dropped off my car outside lch workshop (didnt even park inside..... no problems, car still there

i went to change tires with LCH a few weeks back. Now i know who you were talking about when you said ah yuen took someone with him from ys. Its the guy with specs. When i arrived at LCH, i asked the specs guy if he still remember me. He say, of course! Probably because i was the one who was sticking with him when he was doing his job at YS. He was cleaning my throttle body and left one of the coolant hose unplugged. I handed him a spark plug to plug the hose. He said "eh, still not bad ah" i just laughed at him.

what i don't understand is that the price LCH quoted me from facebook is slightly different from the price that was charged to me at the shop. I didn't ask nor nego as the price was still cheaper than SG but somehow i feel ah yuen and ah chen pricing method might be different. Ah Yuen like to quickly jack up your car and make you feel obligated to do with them. As for Ah Chen, he will tell you whats wrong and tell you the price before doing the job. Do you agree? Because of this, i may stick to YS for other things except tires and go to LCH just for tires.

laksafan

Reaction score
i dun have that problem... but if the price online is different u should tell them cos different pple reply to it

you can always ask him to diagnose first
ys always jack up my car if its an under the hood problem. if it's things like wheel bearing, absorber etc then they will diagnose. there were times that ah chen gave me wrong diagnosis, i spend close to $7k sing for wrong diagnosis over 4 years. So sometimes its annoying, esp aircon problems when you need it to work esp... he messed up my car because he couldnt diagnose a wire in the sensor broke and that went on for one year since it was an intermittent issue (everything can changed I change already from new throttle body to all sensors change new and even a whole aircon system, change air con car kept stalling cos too much gas or some crap.... all is ah chen do one and when ah yuan or other mechanic want to check further he will scold them and tell them dun bother cos it this issue, that issue, leaving me no choice but to change according to what he says and it still doesn't work - its always the intermittent issue), finally i brought to a mechanic in Macpherson, he found the problem in 2 mins... Ah chen messed up an expat (angmoh) Peugeot earlier this year, i had to be translator, ah moh came to his work shop 5 times in 3 weeks and he was very upset. it was a very simple problem (a sensor issue, the sensor wasn't sitting properly), he made the guy change 3 aircon compressor from oem to oem to original etc etc. Even call two electrician to come with computers like some big shot car.... The guy was really upset and kept telling ah chen its an electronic or electrical issue but he boh bian cos he put in alot of money there already....

There were times that ah chen could have claim back stuff from the supplier when the parts fail he didnt do it for me (prob did and pocket the money) so end up it was ah yuan and ah keong who told me can....

after 8 years abit sian.... but honestly over the years YS serve me ok so i stayed on it is only need to have two to three times they coxk it up damn bad that you understand..

why i left ys for lch, is when i had an issue for 4 years ah chen cannot diagnose keep saying its aircon issue when i know its not (he told me i need to change out my 1 year old compressor which i didnt drag for 4 years) and it was ah keong who found the problem - the valve cover rubber and solve my problem zzzz also his aircon metre is different reading from 3 shops i went around jb... his red valve is super high so it makes u think your condensor has issue. So aircon stuff always go syrakit to check

i went to change tires with LCH a few weeks back. Now i know who you were talking about when you said ah yuen took someone with him from ys. Its the guy with specs. When i arrived at LCH, i asked the specs guy if he still remember me. He say, of course! Probably because i was the one who was sticking with him when he was doing his job at YS. He was cleaning my throttle body and left one of the coolant hose unplugged. I handed him a spark plug to plug the hose. He said "eh, still not bad ah" i just laughed at him.

what i don't understand is that the price LCH quoted me from facebook is slightly different from the price that was charged to me at the shop. I didn't ask nor nego as the price was still cheaper than SG but somehow i feel ah yuen and ah chen pricing method might be different. Ah Yuen like to quickly jack up your car and make you feel obligated to do with them. As for Ah Chen, he will tell you whats wrong and tell you the price before doing the job. Do you agree? Because of this, i may stick to YS for other things except tires and go to LCH just for tires.

Last edited:

thebarracuda

Reaction score
yeah.. Tell ah yuan u were recommended by HWZ forum so he will know you are my friend and maybe better* pricing too lol

Bro, which way is more accessible? via tuas or woodland checkpoint?

What name to quote when we are there? Laksafan? 😄

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.