Galaxy Note7 Fan Edition: Refurbished Note7 with Safer Batteries

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung Electronics to launch refurbished Note 7 phones in South Korea from July 7

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/samsung-electronics-to-launch-refurbished-note-7-phones-in-south-korea-from-july-7-8996832

From article

Samsung said in a statement it will offer 400,000 phones, dubbed the Galaxy Note 7 Fan Edition, in its home country priced 699,600 won (US$611) - about 30 percent lower than the Note 7's original launch price. The devices will be made from recalled, unsealed Note 7 handsets and unused Note 7 components.

Batteries for the refurbished devices will have a lower capacity than those of the original Note 7s, but have passed new safety measures implemented following the recall, Samsung said.

The firm said it will decide whether to sell the refurbished Note 7s in other markets at a later date. It has said it does not plan to offer the device in the United States or India.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Let's discuss about the Note7 FE in this thread, instead of in other threads meant for other Samsung phone series

Will you be getting the Note7 FE?

If Singapore is not selling the Note7 FE, will you be using imported sets?

chooyoshi

Reaction score
Let's discuss about the Note7 FE in this thread, instead of in other threads meant for other Samsung phone series

Will you be getting the Note7 FE?

If Singapore is not selling the Note7 FE, will you be using imported sets?

Currently using Note 5 as a secondary driver. Last year was going to get Note 7 to replace it because 64gb no enough...then because of discontinuation got xperia xz as a primary driver.

Given how expensive the note 8 will probably be, I might give this FE a chance, provided it hits SG with price less than 700S$.Otherwise would rather wait for note 9 in 2018.

chooyoshi

Reaction score
BTW 699600 won = 841 S$. Too expensive unless they throw in freebies and perks.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
More details revealed

From the article

1) 3,200mAh battery that has put through the 8-point Battery Safety Check

2) same software experiences as the Galaxy S8 and S8+ such as the Bixby features (Bixby Home and Bixby Reminders).

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-refurbished-galaxy-note7-will-be-sold-galaxy-note-fan-edition

note7faneditionnews.jpg

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully the latest software used in this Note7 FE will apply to last year's Note7 so that I can update my current Note7 software.

chooyoshi

Reaction score
If $800+, can get U11 or XZ Premium with better soc :s13:

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT
U11 and Xzp cost about 200+ more than this.BTW I checked samsung korea http://www.samsung.com/sec/smartphones/galaxy-note-fe-n935/SM-N935SZBASKO/
And it seems that existing note 7 acessories are incompatible, alongside the gear VR...although I know XDA developers will probably hack it somehow.

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
U11 and Xzp cost about 200+ more than this.BTW I checked samsung korea http://www.samsung.com/sec/smartphones/galaxy-note-fe-n935/SM-N935SZBASKO/
And it seems that existing note 7 acessories are incompatible, alongside the gear VR...although I know XDA developers will probably hack it somehow.

The accessories looks the same as Note7 to me, at least for the clear view cover.

hope it brings in to SG, definitely will get this one, will be getting coral blue instead since I have already the black version of Note7.

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
Samsung Mobile Singapore has confirmed that they are NOT bringing in Note FE into Singapore.

Gonna try to get the export sets.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This issue lies in the profit and loss in both Company(s).

Since battery are solely designed for a single purpose and single model to use, do not expect any differences &or improvements.

As for it is more for their local markets and those region countries that do not care about safety issues, unlike US and Singapore.
Local Telco(s) and Retailers already have their reputation burnt, as it seem that it is similar to Import & Export purpose and no evaluation on reliability and safety being taken into consideration during by the Marketing people.
Whereas such as vehicles imported by Local Distributors, enforcement on safety is one of the most important aspect in approving for local sales.
Hence there is no differences as in bring in vehicles by Parallel Importers, which is similar to getting a phone as Export only.

Technically there is no mentioned on this not to repeat again.
Surface and minor improvement will not resolved this issue, should this issue do pop-up again.
Technical issue are not easy to explain if you are not totally involved in these operations.
As i had the opportunity to be Warranty Administrator for a local car distributor, and managed visit to the Manufacturer operation.
Being in charge of warranty matters and as part of the Technical Dept, there are many things that product users may not be aware of.
Not all parts are made by one Company alone, as they able to identify which and who are involved in producing faulty parts &or handling poor quality check in the production lines.

Don't think i am anti-Samsung, but in fact i am very supportive in Samsung Galaxy range since in the beginning, even now with 4 new phones.
I also encountered reliable Samsung Service center staff in doing their best for the customers and the products they are involved.
:):s12:

chooyoshi

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Note FE import to SG let me know :D

It would do you well to wait a few months and see if samsung ends up bringing it here. They did register model name N935FD thus giving it a good chance of coming here. fyi the note 7 was with model name N930FD here.

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
It would do you well to wait a few months and see if samsung ends up bringing it here. They did register model name N935FD thus giving it a good chance of coming here. fyi the note 7 was with model name N930FD here.

Samsung Mobile Singapore has already stated in their FB page that they are not bringing in the Note FE asked by some user out there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.