CDL Hospitality Trusts *Official* (SGX: J85)

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When is the ex rights date?

Only indicative until the OIS is published:

Last day of cum-rights trading: 30 June
First day of ex-rights trading: 3 July
Lodgement of OIS, Rights issue books closure date: 5 July
Despatch of OIS: 10 July
Commencement of trading of rights entitlements: 10 July
Last date and time for trading of rights entitlements: 18 July
Last date and time for acceptance of rights, payment: 24 July
Expected date for commencement of trading of rights securities: 2 August

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still not very attractive. :(

The last time CDLHT did a rights issue was all the way back in 2007, so looks like management didn't make this choice easily. And the offer price of $1.28 hasn't been reached for a while already.

hwsinn

Reaction score
if we managed to successfully buy in on a share with cum-rights, this means that we are entitled to buy be part of this issue of rights, correct?

so based on the timeline given by CDL on their rights PDF, when should we do what etc? and what needs to be done (be it sell/exercise full rights etc)

I have read this article but it explains things quite clearly in theory. But in practice, how does it work?

https://blog.shareinvestor.com/rights-issues-and-open-offers/

sorry for the noob question.

Last edited:

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if we managed to successfully buy in on a share with cum-rights, this means that we are entitled to buy be part of this issue of rights, correct?

so based on the timeline given by CDL on their rights PDF, when should we do what etc? and what needs to be done (be it sell/exercise full rights etc)

I have read this article but it explains things quite clearly in theory. But in practice, how does it work?

https://blog.shareinvestor.com/rights-issues-and-open-offers/

sorry for the noob question.

Everything will be clearer once the offer information statement (OIS) is released, but basically:

- if you want to subscribe to the rights, go to the ATM to accept them (must key in how many rights units you want) and the money plus $2 fee will be deducted from your bank account
- you can also apply for excess rights (more units than you are entitled) and if there are extra they will decide how many to allocate to you
- if you do not want to subscribe to the rights, your CDP account will be credited with these rights as if they are shares, and you can sell them on the open market.

hwsinn

Reaction score
Everything will be clearer once the offer information statement (OIS) is released, but basically:

- if you want to subscribe to the rights, go to the ATM to accept them (must key in how many rights units you want) and the money plus $2 fee will be deducted from your bank account
- you can also apply for excess rights (more units than you are entitled) and if there are extra they will decide how many to allocate to you
- if you do not want to subscribe to the rights, your CDP account will be credited with these rights as if they are shares, and you can sell them on the open market.

wow, thank you, lzydata for this clear explanation!

i have a few more questions

- for the excess rights, i assume it is applied from the ATM as well? (as mentioned in point 1)
- if apply from ATM, then why they need to send out OIS with application forms?
- meaning if i do not do anything (do not state if i want or dont want), i will automatically get the shares credited to me to sell to the open market? or is there something i need to do?

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, thank you, lzydata for this clear explanation!

i have a few more questions

- for the excess rights, i assume it is applied from the ATM as well? (as mentioned in point 1)
- meaning if i do not do anything (do not state if i want or dont want), i will automatically get the shares credited to me to sell to the open market? or is there something i need to do?

- yes in the case of excess rights then you just key in a larger number than your entitlement
- the OIS is not just instructions, it will also have background on the REIT, the purpose of doing the rights issue, financial projections etc. You can go and find the OIS of other REITs that have done similar rights issues before.
- I believe so, you just have to wait for the rights entitlements trading period.

Just wait for the OIS and the "Timetable of Key Events" inside.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some people still prefer to exercise their rights manually. So the form is to give these people the option to do so.

You need to be clear about what you are asking.

When you say 'do no do anything', are you asking

#1 after you bought the shares Cum-Rights; or

#2 after the rights has been credited to your account.

For #1, yes. You do not need to do anything. The rights will be credited to your account.

For #2, no. If you do not exercise your rights at the ATM or sell it off in the market, then it will expire worthless.

Last edited:

hwsinn

Reaction score
ok i am quite confused now.

Lets say i bought 5000 shares (5 lot) on 30 Jun, which still falls under the cum-rights date.

1) what do i need to do if i just want my 1000 shares from the rights
2) what do i need to do if i want additional shares from the rights on top of the 5000+1000 shares
3) Do i automatically get the 1000 shares? if so when do i get it and when can i sell it in the market (is there a post/pre rights trading period?)
4) if i ignore this whole rights thingy, i will just have 5000 shares and i lost my power to exercise my rights. Thats all right?

hope my questions are clear enough :)

Last edited:

smallJB

Reaction score
ok i am quite confused now.

Lets say i bought 5000 shares (5 lot) on 30 Jun, which still falls under the cum-rights date.

1) what do i need to do if i just want my 1000 shares from the rights
2) what do i need to do if i want additional shares from the rights on top of the 5000+1000 shares
3) Do i automatically get the 1000 shares? if so when do i get it and when can i sell it in the market (is there a post/pre rights trading period?)
4) if i ignore this whole rights thingy, i will just have 5000 shares and i lost my power to exercise my rights. Thats all right?

hope my questions are clear enough :)
If u r using ATM, just press 1000shares 1st. Then they will ask if u want oversubscribe, if yes, then press any amt u want.

If u NV do anything, u won't get any share. Ur right issues entitlement will give to poeple who oversubscribe.

Hope it helps.

Sent from Xiaomiiiiiii using GAGT

Last edited:

hwsinn

Reaction score
If u r using ATM, just press 1000shares 1st. Then they will ask if u want oversubscribe, if yes, then press any amt u want.

If u NV do anything, u won't get any share. Ur right issues entitlement will give to poeple who oversubscribe.

Hope it helps.

Sent from Xiaomiiiiiii using GAGT
Hi smallJB, thanks for your answers. I went to the ATM last night but i only saw pan united's rights issue. When will CDL rights be shown in ATMs?

Last edited:

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hwsinn

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.