what video editing software to use

Soul77

Reaction score
Anybody know, what video editing software to use if I want to put those floating text bubble / emoji expression like in those korean variety show?

pwnies5600

Reaction score
Can try Adobe Premiere Pro, a little expensive because it's subscription based, but offers a ton of features and customisation options. Plus can download templates from online or import motion graphics from After Effects.

If you're on a mac, Final Cut is an equivalent of Premiere Pro. I personally prefer this because it's less hardware intensive (optimised for mac). If you wanna diy and not spend money there's always imovie, you just have to do the emoji elsewhere (e.g. powerpoint, keynote) and put it into imovie with a transparent background.

I personally haven't tried Sony Vegas or Corel Videostudio, but you can do a search up on them, my friend uses Corel and says it's good enough for basic editing.

kNiGhTseVen

Reaction score
Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Final cut pro & Da Vinci Resolve. These were for pros ;)

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Davinci Resolve, best color grading software and work flow now. With the new v14, it now has became a video editing + best color grading software. If you need more fanciful effects, download sapphire ofx plugins. No round trip needed (eg. FCP or PP to Resolve for color grading).

autoexe

Reaction score
i guess those like premiere pro or final cut pro are more adv & manual settings. wondering for those softwares for beginners that can just "drag and drop" ready-made motion, just like those phone apps

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Davinci Resolve, best color grading software and work flow now. With the new v14, it now has became a video editing + best color grading software. If you need more fanciful effects, download sapphire ofx plugins. No round trip needed (eg. FCP or PP to Resolve for color grading).

and it's free.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can try out Filmora for that purpose. Only $49, pretty easy to use.

can i do like 1 part at 1/4x and another part at 2x together in the same file ?

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
can i do like 1 part at 1/4x and another part at 2x together in the same file ?

er you mean speed up the clip? If yes, then yes. But Resolve can do it better with speed ramping if you want a smoother speed up/down.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
er you mean speed up the clip? If yes, then yes. But Resolve can do it better with speed ramping if you want a smoother speed up/down.
Slow MO important parts
speed up talking parts

Resolve huh.... Later go try

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Slow MO important parts
speed up talking parts

Resolve huh.... Later go try

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

yes can. If you have experience in other NLE software, resolve should be easy for you to use.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes can. If you have experience in other NLE software, resolve should be easy for you to use.

resolve is amazing sia and so zai until i dunno how to use
last time only imovie LOL

is there a online manual?

i cant find things like "Image settings panel" and...

when i use the retime speed curve, how to enter the % value instead of using my mouse to drag ah... this is to ensure consistent speeds is all the parts which i wanna slow down

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
resolve is amazing sia and so zai until i dunno how to use
last time only imovie LOL

is there a online manual?

i cant find things like "Image settings panel" and...

when i use the retime speed curve, how to enter the % value instead of using my mouse to drag ah... this is to ensure consistent speeds is all the parts which i wanna slow down

Yes on their website, forum as well as YouTube. U can choose the % that u want by clicking on the small arrow button when u activated the speed function. I need to see the thing in front of me to be able to tell u step by step...

If u find it difficult,just use the normal slow mo function and split/cut the clip and apply the desire speed %. Just use ease in and out for smoother effect.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes on their website, forum as well as YouTube. U can choose the % that u want by clicking on the small arrow button when u activated the speed function. I need to see the thing in front of me to be able to tell u step by step...

If u find it difficult,just use the normal slow mo function and split/cut the clip and apply the desire speed %. Just use ease in and out for smoother effect.

i followed one of the youtube videos to adjust the clip speed
but somehow the audio stream didnt follow suit... lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.