EAE 2018 Interviews

sit-aspirant

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Anyone who has been called up for interview to Polys for 2018 or previous batches?

Please share your experience

thanks

153girl97

Reaction score
Interviewed for AY2014-15

This goes far back when it used to be called DPA instead of EAE but it's essentially the same.

My interviewers were the course chairperson and a very senior lecturer within the course. I was interviewed on myself as a person (my personality, hobbies, basic things), what do I know about the course and why do I want to join the course, what do I think would be my greatest takeaway after the 3-year course and why would entering through (then) DPA would be beneficial to me.

Of course these were just the basic questions that they asked me. They would most probably ask you continuation questions based on the answers you give them. For example, if you say that you aspire to be a doctor as a reason to join the course, then you would be prompted to tell more based on your answer.

Make sure to bring a portfolio too - volunteering experiences, school results, leadership positions, remarkable class projects, out-of-school activities that you have participated in or anything else that are related to the course that you applied to. When answering your interview questions, flip to the page in your portfolio that can support your words. Do not pass your portfolio and say "Here, you might want to take a look" and not use it as your support documents. It's less effective.

An advice to those going for interviews - make sure your answers to the interview questions are relevant to the course you are applying for and it is okay if you cannot answer or are uncertain of the questions they throw you. You are around 16-17, they can't expect you to know everything. I made the mistake of sounding like I know everything and that backfired on me. I did not manage to secure a spot through DPA but eventually made my way to the same course through JAE.

sit-aspirant

Reaction score
This goes far back when it used to be called DPA instead of EAE but it's essentially the same.

My interviewers were the course chairperson and a very senior lecturer within the course. I was interviewed on myself as a person (my personality, hobbies, basic things), what do I know about the course and why do I want to join the course, what do I think would be my greatest takeaway after the 3-year course and why would entering through (then) DPA would be beneficial to me.

Of course these were just the basic questions that they asked me. They would most probably ask you continuation questions based on the answers you give them. For example, if you say that you aspire to be a doctor as a reason to join the course, then you would be prompted to tell more based on your answer.

Make sure to bring a portfolio too - volunteering experiences, school results, leadership positions, remarkable class projects, out-of-school activities that you have participated in or anything else that are related to the course that you applied to. When answering your interview questions, flip to the page in your portfolio that can support your words. Do not pass your portfolio and say "Here, you might want to take a look" and not use it as your support documents. It's less effective.

An advice to those going for interviews - make sure your answers to the interview questions are relevant to the course you are applying for and it is okay if you cannot answer or are uncertain of the questions they throw you. You are around 16-17, they can't expect you to know everything. I made the mistake of sounding like I know everything and that backfired on me. I did not manage to secure a spot through DPA but eventually made my way to the same course through JAE.

Thanks for the feedback.. Was your course IT?

Do you know what kind of aptitude tests they do for that?

153girl97

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.. Was your course IT?

Do you know what kind of aptitude tests they do for that?

I rather not expose my course here but it's in Ngee Ann Polytechnic, from the School of Humanities and Social Sciences. There wasn't any aptitude tests.

curiousgirl

Reaction score
The interviews I went for back then were also under DPA. Not sure how this new EAE scheme works but it's probably similar. I interviewed for media courses in both NP and SP.

No aptitude test was involved. They asked me to provide a portfolio to showcase my creativity and aptitude for the course, so I brought along artworks and write ups that I did back in secondary school.

Both interviews were very business as usual: tell us something about you, what are your hobbies, why this course and not another course from another poly, etc. At the end of the interview, the interviewers (all NP and SP lecturers) allowed me to ask them questions I had about the course.

My interview/DPA application was unsuccessful, and looking back, I can see why as my portfolio really wasn't that spectacular. Only a handful are admitted through DPA every year and the ones I know truly have that X factor that got them their spot. This someone I know brought an impressive portfolio of photos, videos, stories and scripts to their interview and got a place! Hopefully this helps anyone who is preparing their portfolio for a media course :)

klaricetan

Reaction score
DPA 2015

I'm currently year 2 in the School of BA in NP under the BIT course which isn't available anymore. So during the DPA interview, the atmosphere is usually intense however you shouldn't be afraid of it, try to indulge in a casual conversation with the interviewers and make sure they know how much passion you have for the certain course. I think your portfolio place a huge part and try to get as many testimonials from your teachers. Your aptitude for outside world learning mainly comes from your portfolio so make sure you tidy up all your workshop/competition/award certificates into a file and you can hand them all up during the interview. It might be different for HMS students because they usually conduct interviews in a group so you might not get the chance to do so. I think the most important thing is to sound confident and passionate as well as how the course will benefit you in the future. Even if you're in a group, make sure to stay poised and smile at all times. Let them know through the tone of your speech that you're hungry for a slot into their course. It will be really good if you have experience or soft skills related to that course. Overall, don't be afraid of the interviewers, make them laugh and smile everything is going to be fine!

sit-aspirant

Reaction score
I'm currently year 2 in the School of BA in NP under the BIT course which isn't available anymore. So during the DPA interview, the atmosphere is usually intense however you shouldn't be afraid of it, try to indulge in a casual conversation with the interviewers and make sure they know how much passion you have for the certain course. I think your portfolio place a huge part and try to get as many testimonials from your teachers. Your aptitude for outside world learning mainly comes from your portfolio so make sure you tidy up all your workshop/competition/award certificates into a file and you can hand them all up during the interview. It might be different for HMS students because they usually conduct interviews in a group so you might not get the chance to do so. I think the most important thing is to sound confident and passionate as well as how the course will benefit you in the future. Even if you're in a group, make sure to stay poised and smile at all times. Let them know through the tone of your speech that you're hungry for a slot into their course. It will be really good if you have experience or soft skills related to that course. Overall, don't be afraid of the interviewers, make them laugh and smile everything is going to be fine!

Thanks Did you have an IT aptitude test? If so what kind of questions was it? any coding questions?

jamescomey

Reaction score
Today I got my invite to go for the EAE aptitude test for a poly - the diploma is Business Admin. I didn't know there was an aptitude test for this and I'm lost as to what they will ask - could someone help regarding what kinda stuff they ask for DBA courses? Thank you!

sit-aspirant

Reaction score
Today I got my invite to go for the EAE aptitude test for a poly - the diploma is Business Admin. I didn't know there was an aptitude test for this and I'm lost as to what they will ask - could someone help regarding what kinda stuff they ask for DBA courses? Thank you!

which poly is it? i too got for SP

keroace

Reaction score

What if i dont have a portfolio to support all my words ? Because the courses im applying are all IT related and theres not really much work thats done in secondary school that is related to IT :/

dustarion

Reaction score
I never get my interview email yet Sia

I actually q worried. Ive been super stoked to go for eae for a cybersecurity course but I still havent get email Sia. Actually my portfolio not bad cos I've been into programming since primary school + got a lot of personal projects I worked and developed. Such a shame if I don't even make it to interview stage :(

ZhiWei12345

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just got the email which I am invited to sit for an aptitude test regarding aviation management and services course. May I briefly know what questions are likely to come out? Also, anybody is from this course(aviation management and services)? If do, please share any tips and advices in doing the aptitude test. Thank you in advance!

TheLegend27+1

Reaction score
For those who are entering EAE in SP business school, there will be a 50 mins aptitude test, and a "discover the winner in you" programme. The programme is expected to be a interview through activites such as games/presentation/group interview (can be anything also, SP didn't leaked too much). FYI i was shortlisted for SP accountancy.

Aizooom

Reaction score
For those who are entering EAE in SP business school, there will be a 50 mins aptitude test, and a "discover the winner in you" programme. The programme is expected to be a interview through activites such as games/presentation/group interview (can be anything also, SP didn't leaked too much). FYI i was shortlisted for SP accountancy.

How was it? It was today right?

jamescomey

Reaction score

The aptitude test was ... weird. I'm still not sure about the answers of the non-logic qns (the business concept ones) because they're really confusing, esp, the one comparing diff brands and strategies, etc.

klaricetan

Reaction score
What if i dont have a portfolio to support all my words ? Because the courses im applying are all IT related and theres not really much work thats done in secondary school that is related to IT :/

Just sound as confident as possible. Be sure of what you are saying

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.