Need recommendation for closed can headphone

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my budget is up to $300 max..

today whole company kpkb my music too loud..

the $30+ cheapo ah tiong headphone of mine leaking too much sound.

got recommendations ?

xuan87

Reaction score
Best closed can I've tried by far in that price range is the Audio Technica M50X.

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Upon checking the review on MSR7.. I think I'm going for it rather than M50x..

Hachi.Tech sells online for $250 + 3% rebate now.

want to buy my m40x? :s13::s13: $100. with 3 cables + new earpads, velvet/velour and leather. the velvet/velour wont spoil over time like leather.

anyway m50x has heavy bass which kind of spoils the music experience...

Last edited:

quinine

Reaction score
fostex t50rp mkiii if you got an amp lying around. cheapest way to experience planar at this price point imho

Jamesky

Reaction score
Is the clamp too tight for comfort?
Compared to my other headphone (Creative Aurvana Gold) .. This is OK for me..

Since the clamp is not that tight, the sound isolation is just OK compared to my other headphone as mentioned above.

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
m50x and m40x the sound difference is it highlynoticeable ?

m50x bass is heavy, i owned the m40x, pretty good stuff. clear sounds, bass is light but good enough for me
its like kz zs3 (m50x) vs kz zs5 (m40x)

undead102

Reaction score
The m50x and m40x sound very similar. Its when you listen to bass heavy music or pop music with some bass like one republic counting stars that you will start to notice the difference. M50x has that fun sounding thumping bass while m40x just sounds neutral with very light bass and doesnt sound as fun.

But there are people that like the m40x because its more neutral and and not too muddy and bassy. But I find the m50x to be more fun sounding for all types of music and more enjoyable. There again its all personal preference see which sound signature you prefer.

And I wouldn't say the kz zs3 sounds like the m50x. The kz zs3 actually is more bass heavy then the m50x but it sounds more in your face type with almost no soundstage while the m50x has more soundstage and not so in your face which I prefer more.

Last edited:

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
The m50x and m40x sound very similar. Its when you listen to bass heavy music or pop music with some bass like one republic counting stars that you will start to notice the difference. M50x has that fun sounding thumping bass while m40x just sounds neutral with very light bass and doesnt sound as fun.

But there are people that like the m40x because its more neutral and and not too muddy and bassy. But I find the m50x to be more fun sounding for all types of music and more enjoyable. There again its all personal preference see which sound signature you prefer.

And I wouldn't say the kz zs3 sounds like the m50x. The kz zs3 actually is more bass heavy then the m50x but it sounds more in your face type with almost no soundstage while the m50x has more soundstage and not so in your face which I prefer more.

no la I'm not saying they sound similar, I'm justing comparing the bass of those 2 to the ATH cans:s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.