Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

sookinwah

Reaction score
Clutch & Auto Door Lock Problem

Manual Clutch & Auto Car Lock

Just when I about to lose hope to find any JB mechanic info, I found HWZ.
How can HWZ be better than sgcarmart but I was wrong. Just scrolling a few pages and found updated information as recent as last week.

Please help as I am going to JB tomorrow to service my 9 year old Cerato Kia. Just bought it this month.

Problem 1 (Clutch)
Have problem engaging the gear despite stepping the clutch. Reverse gear can feel the spinning of something and the grinding of the metal as I tried to put in reverse gear.

Read about it and know could be master/slave cylinder, clutch pad, oil leakage, synchros

Problem 2 (Car Auto lock)
The car autolock system just gone crazy and lock unlock and have the rattle sound. Also car lock when key still inside the car. Hence I carry spare key with me always. Just in case.

I heard LCH & Ah Yuan and something else from laksafan.

Wont be spending a lot on car as its old and hardly used.
Appreciate if brothers here can give me some advise

Rgds
Desperate owner

gctmls

Reaction score
Hi gurus, looking to do a normal 10k servicing, brake pads most likely need to change, pump aircon gas, rear and side window tint need to reduce.. anywhere in jb to recommend to do everything at one shot ? So far lch mentioned the most for servicing.. thanks and appreciate any input

seanboi

Reaction score
Be careful, i checked out a few good (used to be good in forums) ones but now all become cut throat cos sinkie money so easy made.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT

Sometimes I wonder when people recommend and give positive reviews are they really that good. This applies to both SG and MY.
Been to a highly recommended one which is 5-10mins drive from Kastam. Price kept going up but standard went down.

seanboi

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm driving a Swift Sport and I'm planning to renew my car COE and so decided to do the car Swee Swee before I do that. Planning to go in this Thursday to do a lot of things, after seeing all the Bros recommendation, here is the list of things I've gathered. If anyone don't mind please feel free to advise me if there is a better place that I should go, I'll appreciate any advise or recommendation.

Problem: Aircon not cold after stuck in jam for too 20mins and above. Decide to diagnose at the below workshop

Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler

15, Jalan Perang, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, 80400, Johor Bahru, Johor, 80400, Malaysia
+60 7-332 6820

Problem: Speaker wiring seems to have problem. Also deciding whether to do sound proofing depending on the cost.

Sheng auto.
92, Jalan Bukit Kempas 1/18, Taman Bukit Kempas,
Johor Bahru

Problem: coolant water need to TOP up almost once a week

LCH Brother
2 Jalan Perkasa 3 Taman Ungku Tun Aminah 81300 Skudai Johor Malaysia

Lastly, I'm looking for a workshop to do re upholster work for my seat, can anyone kindly recommend a good shop please?

I'll be staying there for a few days so no problem Travelling or staying late or whatever. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Bro, what is wrong with your speaker wiring? You changed aftermarket speakers or HU before?

hosayboh

Reaction score
Need to fix these, anyone can recommend WS in jb? TYVM.
keI4Te2.jpg
AiGhMvb.jpg

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
LCH car servicing

Usually u guys leave car there and come back collect later?

went LCH for servicing today. Previously, I always did my servicing in SG workshops and authorised dealer.

Pros:
all technicians are well trained
fast servicing
reasonable pricing as mentioned by other bros for servicing
Misc items priced decently (replacement of wiper, rotating, balancing)
I kept asking for rough price before commitment but boss seem to ignore my qn. (fortunately, when the bill came, pricing is reasonable)

Cons:
High tyre camber alignment pricing (60RM for 1 camber nut and labor)
I asked around and also did some research: this camber alignment apparantly is good to have but not tested/required in most normal commercial cars without major accident/dmg.
Apparantly some other workshops in JB also charge cheaper for this service.

Felt LCH should not have recommended it as it is a ''good to have alignment''.
However, i still went for it due to many good reviews for them in summary here. And they tell me they cannot align without me purchasing the nut. I did servicing so many years 1st time hear this.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
went LCH for servicing today. Previously, I always did my servicing in SG workshops and authorised dealer.

Pros:
fast servicing
I kept asking for rough price before commitment but boss seem to ignore my qn. (fortunately, when the bill came, pricing is reasonable)

Cons:
I asked around and also did some research: this camber alignment apparantly is good to have but not tested/required in most normal commercial cars without major accident/dmg.

However, i still went for it due to many good reviews for them in summary here. And they tell me they cannot align without me purchasing the nut. I did servicing so many years 1st time hear this.
Same experience I got from them about camber nut. But they are not the first ship to recommend this to me. The first shop I went before them, I didn't take the nuts and felt that outer wear was more prominent . I just went with the nits with lch since I did my tires with them.hope the tires can last.

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pros:
fast servicing

Cons:

May i know what car are you driving? I was charged RM65/pc for camber nut. Not upset about price difference, just curious why is there price discrepancy. I'm driving avante by the way.

I also read that camber nut is actually not needed but almost all workshops across the causeway will offer this because it is easier to rectify/solve issues with the nut.

Sent from using GAGT

hosayboh

Reaction score
Does anyone have their mobile contact, will like the WhatsApp them for a quote n book appt before going over. Thanks.

Search for BTS Painting

46, Jalan Indah 16/11, Taman Bukit Indah, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
May i know what car are you driving? I was charged RM65/pc for camber nut. Not upset about price difference, just curious why is there price discrepancy. I'm driving avante by the way.

I also read that camber nut is actually not needed but almost all workshops across the causeway will offer this because it is easier to rectify/solve issues with the nut.

Sent from using GAGT

Did you purchase tyres from them?

seanboi

Reaction score
May i know what sort of problems are you guys facing that requires this camber nut replacement? At least 3 users have replaced this. Is there a need to?

Last edited:

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
May i know what sort of problems are you guys facing that requires this camber nut replacement? At least 3 users have replaced this. Is there a need to?

Camber out. He mentioned that toe can still be corrected but without camber nut camber can't be adjusted.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.