Status
Not open for further replies.

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Can't wait! :) ;) :D

nexus2cee_p2xl_wide_thumb.png

Source: Android Police

When's Google gonna distribute it in SG??

Their Singapore office is already distributing to Aussieland :eek:

stanley_home

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
duno wat law is blocking them from selling here.

i have been waiting to officially buy a google phone since nexus one.

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
expected to be 1.3~1.5K?

should be more expensive than the pixel XL

summers

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably get it from parallel importers, as always. I'll definitely get this but I'll have to sell away my expensive Pixel XL first ...

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
when singaporeans stopped being goondu and sign/renew a 2 year contract just to get a new phone....

Yes they are your usual iSheep and Sumsheep followers... and also not your typical tech geeks.

Another Pixel concept below...

pixel_concept_2.jpg

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems abit 'curvy' on the edge from the front but a size view shows that this is just an effect of the edge to edge screen.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when singaporeans stopped being goondu and sign/renew a 2 year contract just to get a new phone....

Why is it goondu?? You have to pay for the line subscription every month anyway right?? Why not get with a subsidised price for the phone?? Unless you are one of those who change phones within 2 years??

Pepperisk

Reaction score
Why is it goondu?? You have to pay for the line subscription every month anyway right?? Why not get with a subsidised price for the phone?? Unless you are one of those who change phones within 2 years??

to me it feels like the listed price for phones on telcos are always set higher than retailers. Then they give u discount/subsidised price like they so ****ing generous but when I calculate the price for what I'm getting, 2 year contract + whatever I pay for the phone is more expensive than getting a phone from a retailer and a sim only plan without contract.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to me it feels like the listed price for phones on telcos are always set higher than retailers. Then they give u discount/subsidised price like they so ****ing generous but when I calculate the price for what I'm getting, 2 year contract + whatever I pay for the phone is more expensive than getting a phone from a retailer and a sim only plan without contract.

But if one has already started with paying a subsidised price for a latest flagship model compared to the retail price, adding the 2 years subscription fees, I'm just curious how can it cost more than getting a retail phone price without plan when one still have to continue paying for the same subscription plan? The Maths just don't add up.

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

After corporate and bundled discounts, a contract is cheaper.

You may be right without any discounts.

Take mine for an example, with Singtel combo 2. I am paying $34 monthly consistently. A comparable Sim only plan will cost me nearly $30. So it is a no brainer choice.

denilson

Reaction score
But if one has already started with paying a subsidised price for a latest flagship model compared to the retail price, adding the 2 years subscription fees, I'm just curious how can it cost more than getting a retail phone price without plan when one still have to continue paying for the same subscription plan? The Maths just don't add up.

just do the math, the cost of your phone service is much cheaper without the phone tacked onto it.

The telcos make more money selling you phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.