what's your mistake in investment?

terryhoho

Reaction score
I bought into courage marine , hoping the industry & company will turnaround in the shipping line.

buy in $0.33
company consolidate 10 to 1.
now price $0.3
90 % gone.

I keep this company ticker info in my portfolio to remind me not to make the same mistake.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Noble and the Digiland mistake.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was beaten by LiKaShing with his HPH despite buying in quite low. :o

Minx99 seems to get none wrong here.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My biggest mistake was QT vascular in % terms if start counting from the restarted port from September till now. 30% loss I think.

luxcan

Reaction score
Hyflux, bought at $1.3 and think that stock can buy and forget about it. By the time I realize it is already less than $1.

Then I thought that maybe if I hold long enough it will raise back to $1.3. Then it drop further.

Cut losses at 0.6. Worst and only mistake.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Sino grandness with the Tiong donkey Huang at its helm

The promises of ipo never happened last year but still holding :(

ginza7

Reaction score
There are many truisms in trading for me but the one which always returns to haunt me is about cutting losses. Someone once said, "The first loss is the cheapest". Always remember to cut your losses.

lbs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my biggest mistake is not reading "The Intelligent Investor" before I started investing... or not learning how to read candlesticks before I started trading.

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1)Sold ARA too early while anticipating pullback at bear market
2)Bought ISDN at "high", end up cut loss(should have got at pullback)
3)Bought Gilead Science and 80 level and cut at 7% cause this does not grow and based on quarter wise, the financial does not sound good personally.
4)Bought Ezion during oil uncertain, end up cut loss at 10% there about.
5)Bought M1 at 52 weeks low, thought it is already at dip. Never know it can go down further and the sentiment is based esp slashing of dividend and profit going down...
6)Bought Tesla and sold off as i thought the FA is bad as it is a hyped share(in fact i traded it couple of times as position trading). See it hit 300+ I sian diao liao. It is heavily debated that it is more towards future play thought it is cash burning company technically.

and couple more to go.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.