Hyundai Elantra vs Kia Cerato K3

C Justice

Reaction score
I dont trust used car dealers.

Toyota is over rated la like some kind of cult. Take note, the safety features for toyota altis is below sg current market standard. U look at the recent fatal accident, how many were toyota cars

Btw u should go bm see their new altis, fugly is the only word for it. It's the combination of axio n altis...

"the safety features for toyota altis is below sg current market standard. U look at the recent fatal accident, how many were toyota cars".
Do u have any facts/ figures to support this statement of yours? Your conclusion logic seems flawed. If Toyota is the Number 1 seling brand in Sgp, is it surprising to see more of them on the road and so if involved in accident? So if we seldom see Chery cars involved in accident in Sgp, are they safer? Or because there are just less of them? :s13:

"Toyota is over rated la like some kind of cult." U mean something like Apple products? :s13:

"Btw u should go bm see their new altis, fugly is the only word for it. It's the combination of axio n altis" If it is cheap and pretty, i would have booked already haha...

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
"the safety features for toyota altis is below sg current market standard. U look at the recent fatal accident, how many were toyota cars".
Do u have any facts/ figures to support this statement of yours? Your conclusion logic seems flawed. If Toyota is the Number 1 seling brand in Sgp, is it surprising to see more of them on the road and so if involved in accident? So if we seldom see Chery cars involved in accident in Sgp, are they safer? Or because there are just less of them? :s13:

"Toyota is over rated la like some kind of cult." U mean something like Apple products? :s13:

"Btw u should go bm see their new altis, fugly is the only word for it. It's the combination of axio n altis" If it is cheap and pretty, i would have booked already haha...

U can check the safety features comparing other brands in their same class from sgcarmart

Honda was the best selling last yr if im not wrong

U look at the road these days, I can say vezel/mz3/lancer/attrage/elantra/k3 /conti cars combine easily more than 50% population. But hardly they get into fatal accidents, right?

What price do u think will make altis attractive enough for u to buy? Or what is the reasonable price? To be fair the parf is abt 10k

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can check the safety features comparing other brands in their same class from sgcarmart

U look at the road these days, I can say vezel/mz3/lancer/attrage/elantra/k3 /conti cars combine easily more than 50% population. But hardly they get into fatal accidents, right?

What price do u think will make altis attractive enough for u to buy? Or what is the reasonable price? To be fair the parf is abt 10k

Honda best selling is due to parallel importer. Most of these cars goes to Uber anyway. To be best car brand, one has to be consistent year after year. VW is one good example of sudden good sales then drop all the way from hill top due to problem after problem.

C Justice

Reaction score

"Honda was the best selling last yr if im not wrong" It might be Honda or Toyota. Honda best selling is not Civic. I am fairly certain Altis outsell Civic last year and YTD. If u have solid objective figures, pls share.

"U look at the road these days, I can say vezel/mz3/lancer/attrage/elantra/k3 /conti cars combine easily more than 50% population. But hardly they get into fatal accidents, right?"
Can u backup up with your source of info? Or based on your own gut feel?

"What price do u think will make altis attractive enough for u to buy? Or what is the reasonable price? To be fair the parf is abt 10k"
If i use the car more often, yes i would buy at current price. Often times i don't start my car more than once a week, so no point spending extra $20k for a paperweight :s13:

C Justice

Reaction score
Honda best selling is due to parallel importer. Most of these cars goes to Uber anyway. To be best car brand, one has to be consistent year after year. VW is one good example of sudden good sales then drop all the way from hill top due to problem after problem.

Agree :) Being a conti car doesn't mean it's more reliable.

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
Honda is always the top 3 brand. There r also many altis, sienta and vios for uber and grab

But these days dont u see more other brand cars on the road. Btw im talking abt new cars

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
"Honda was the best selling last yr if im not wrong" It might be Honda or Toyota. Honda best selling is not Civic. I am fairly certain Altis outsell Civic last year and YTD. If u have solid objective figures, pls share.

"U look at the road these days, I can say vezel/mz3/lancer/attrage/elantra/k3 /conti cars combine easily more than 50% population. But hardly they get into fatal accidents, right?"
Can u backup up with your source of info? Or based on your own gut feel?

"What price do u think will make altis attractive enough for u to buy? Or what is the reasonable price? To be fair the parf is abt 10k"
If i use the car more often, yes i would buy at current price. Often times i don't start my car more than once a week, so no point spending extra $20k for a paperweight :s13:
The new civic just launch le, altis already start selling since 2014

No statistic la. I also can request statistic to prove toyota r more reliable

The famous recent fatal accident
1. Aye tuas mercz drive opp direction. Hit mz6 n vios but which car driver die

2. Recent sle toyota wish skid n mother protect her son but die

3. Xinli road uber vios accident, passenger die

Those r the famous accidents. There moght be other I missed out

C Justice

Reaction score

"The new civic just launch le, altis already start selling since 2014".
Already told u YTD Altis outsell Civic. Furthermore, Altis left only brown and black colour earlier this year and finally only black left.

"No statistic la. I also can request statistic to prove toyota r more reliable".
Till u have objective stats and/or reliable source, what u said just reflect your personal bias :s13:

"The famous recent fatal accident

Those r the famous accidents. There moght be other I missed out"
Gosh, based on a few accident happening u know of, u make a conclusion :s22: We were talking about Cat A Altis and u bring in Vios, Wish, etc. :spin:

big toe

Reaction score
My 10-year old Avante was scrapped in Dec 2016. I was faced with the same choice as Ryan. Technically, both cars are on the same platform, i.e. engine, undercarriage, everything the same except the interior and the body shell. The Kia underwent a facelift last year, the Hyundai has a new design.

I chose Kia because Cycle & Carriage bundles better alloy wheels, better leather and has better systems company wise. Komoco is more of a SME or family run company.

Both brands currently sell it in 3 versions - basic, standard and 'all the bells and whistles'; when I bought it, there was only the std EX and the superior SX.

I had very good experience with my Avante and my wife wanted me to stick with Komoco as she preferred the new Elantra. So it's up to you. Just test drive the two and decide.

Don't compare it with the Suzuki Swift - it's a different class of car, just like comparing a VW Polo to the Peugeot 308/VW Golf/Ford Focus. The Swift is good for singles but too cramped for families.

CancerianX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 10-year old Avante was scrapped in Dec 2016. I was faced with the same choice as Ryan. Technically, both cars are on the same platform, i.e. engine, undercarriage, everything the same except the interior and the body shell. The Kia underwent a facelift last year, the Hyundai has a new design.

I chose Kia because Cycle & Carriage bundles better alloy wheels, better leather and has better systems company wise. Komoco is more of a SME or family run company.

Both brands currently sell it in 3 versions - basic, standard and 'all the bells and whistles'; when I bought it, there was only the std EX and the superior SX.

I had very good experience with my Avante and my wife wanted me to stick with Komoco as she preferred the new Elantra. So it's up to you. Just test drive the two and decide.

Don't compare it with the Suzuki Swift - it's a different class of car, just like comparing a VW Polo to the Peugeot 308/VW Golf/Ford Focus. The Swift is good for singles but too cramped for families.

Some say that Kia a bit of road noise and slow pickup due to heavier body.. U got test drive Elantra as well to compare?

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
Tks for the sharing. ConsumerReports is a reputable website in USA.

Wow u like to cherry pick.
Previously being conti doesnt mean more realible but this survey inside got quite a number of conti cars n even korea car

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
"The new civic just launch le, altis already start selling since 2014".
Already told u YTD Altis outsell Civic. Furthermore, Altis left only brown and black colour earlier this year and finally only black left.

When did altis left with those few colors? Few months ago? And u expect civic to catch up the sales within 1yr? Haha...

"No statistic la. I also can request statistic to prove toyota r more reliable".
Till u have objective stats and/or reliable source, what u said just reflect your personal bias :s13:

Looks who talking. Lol

"The famous recent fatal accident

Those r the famous accidents. There moght be other I missed out"
Gosh, based on a few accident happening u know of, u make a conclusion :s22: We were talking about Cat A Altis and u bring in Vios, Wish, etc. :spin:

Wow previously u say if toyota is the top selling cars in sg, no surprise to c more accidents. Now change topic to only altis

I think u shouldnt consider la. Ur character suits altis la... Faster go buy

C Justice

Reaction score
Wow u like to cherry pick.
Previously being conti doesnt mean more realible but this survey inside got quite a number of conti cars n even korea car

Nope this is not cherry pick. U have missed the point. The context is some conti car like VW being in the higher price range in Sgp doesn't mean it's more reliable than Korean/ Jap over a long period of time.

C Justice

Reaction score
I think u shouldnt consider la. Ur character suits altis la... Faster go buy

Haha... if i am willing to spend $20k more, then yes. Else i would pick Hyundai Elantra S, cheaper and seems good enough for low usage. I am not biased against Altis like u :s13:

vangelis

Reaction score
What's your take about safety of Honda Civic?? 2airbags? Lol..

Will you take new civic or Mazda3 then? Be trueful to yourself.

ChaoKeng_Kia

Master Member
Reaction score
Mzd3 standard only has 2 airbags.. i only realized it after i bought the car while deluxe has 4..

In comparison with the civic and mazda3 standard variants against the Altis, at the very least the standard variants for the said cars has traction control. Altis up till now does not have it..

What's your take about safety of Honda Civic?? 2airbags? Lol..

Will you take new civic or Mazda3 then? Be trueful to yourself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.