Global Logistic Properties Ltd *Official* (SGX: MC0)

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah congrats to all GLP holders. Past 2 weeks have been exciting and nerve wrecking, especially when price dropped sharply. Have a great weekend!

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Woah congrats to all GLP holders. Past 2 weeks have been exciting and nerve wrecking, especially when price dropped sharply. Have a great weekend!

Nerve wrecking indeed. Now starts the path to privatisation and hopefully no more breaking story... :s12:

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nerve wrecking indeed. Now starts the path to privatisation and hopefully no more breaking story... :s12:

Can really experience how the BBs greatly manipulate the prices during takeovers. Got 4 options now
1 Sell immediately
2 wait for 6c dividend (seems to be a good option, but not sure if price will drop by same amount when XD)
3 wait till Apr 2018 for takeover to complete
4 sell at a later date as price should move up gradually as it approaches Apr 2018

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
Can really experience how the BBs greatly manipulate the prices during takeovers. Got 4 options now
1 Sell immediately
2 wait for 6c dividend (seems to be a good option, but not sure if price will drop by same amount when XD)
3 wait till Apr 2018 for takeover to complete
4 sell at a later date as price should move up gradually as it approaches Apr 2018

3. If don't sell, what will happen to my share when takeover is complete?

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Risk of the deal not happening mah

Actually offer is 3.38+ 0.06 divvy. If confident of deal happening there's still meat but caveat emptor

I believe the deal will go through with GIC close ties to the winning consortium. At the current price of 3.29, it's a 4.5% gain (offer price + div = $3.44) for holding for about 9.5 months.

kopicgao

Reaction score
A Herculean journey of investment but a fruitful one :)

Did a quick calculation, Capital gain 70.7%+6% dividend gain=76.7% divided over a 2 year holding period work out to a 38.35% return per year. Not too bad for an amateur investor, if I should say so myself. I stopped averaging down after I hit my position sizing limit, otherwise the gains would've been even better, but risk management always a priority. Give myself a pat on the shoulder ::s13:

kopicgao

Reaction score
"However, despite its undertaking, GIC is free to accept an unsolicited, higher competing bid if one comes in before the scheme meeting is convened and is not matched by Nesta, the terms in the joint agreement noted."

It will be another nerve wrecking experience if this happens :s22:

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"However, despite its undertaking, GIC is free to accept an unsolicited, higher competing bid if one comes in before the scheme meeting is convened and is not matched by Nesta, the terms in the joint agreement noted."

It will be another nerve wrecking experience if this happens :s22:

There could be a chance of this happening. Elliot Management has increased their stake to about 6.3%. They may team up with previous bidders like Blackstone and Warburg to offer a higher bid now that they know the amount that the Chinese are offering. Let's wait and see

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sad, yet another dividend stock of mine that might get delisted.

Allgreen
SFI
Cerebos
F&N

Now GLP?

Running out of good dividend shares in Singapore. Nowadays dividend investor have to look at other countries for dividend income; the alternative is to take an overconcentrated position in Singapore REITs.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Allgreen
SFI
Cerebos
F&N

Now GLP?

Running out of good dividend shares in Singapore. Nowadays dividend investor have to look at other countries for dividend income; the alternative is to take an overconcentrated position in Singapore REITs.

True, looking at HK, other than my US position.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Allgreen
SFI
Cerebos
F&N

Now GLP?

Can include companies like SPC, Raffles Holding, Popular, ARA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.