Fast Forward to LG V30!

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
If they remove 2nd screen and separate sd slot, not sure what is the key selling point of v series

will see the announcement on IFA

Jim Moriarty

Reaction score
Sadly I'm one of the person who loves the secondary screen. It makes the series unique and stand out from others on the market. I also prefer it over "Always On" screen on my Samsung.

(I was also one of the people who grieved over the lost of the signature volume buttons at the back. Loved it on my G4.)

What's the point of having 2 series separately anymore when all the unique points of V are being removed to make them just a better version of G? Just name it LG G6+ lol

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seems like the headphone jack is still around but moved to the top.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OLED display, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835
9bzBBHh.jpg

Z2oFZxn.jpg

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Why are they killing off the V series features? Removal battery, secondary screen and tough built are what makes the V series unique. I guess it's not making money so they killing it off? Now it just look like an upgrade to G6. So they are killing off the G6 too? What a bummer. Talking about killing 2 birds with one stone except is a shot in their own foot

Last edited:

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why are they killing off the V series features? Removal battery, secondary screen and tough built are what makes the V series unique. I guess it's not making money so they killing it off? Now it just look like an upgrade to G6. So they are killing off the G6 too? What a bummer. Talking about killing 2 birds with one stone except is a shot in their own foot
Indeed. I'm curious what are the differences between G and V now. But I'm glad that LG keep the headphones jack around.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Jim Moriarty

Reaction score
To be honest I was so hyped when I saw the first render of V30 with secondary screen at the bottom and super thin benzel. It looked like the future.

https://youtu.be/wj9aKFtNpjQ

Now I'll just stay with my V20 for the hopefully next 3 years, I guess

Last edited:

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is LG stupid or what? taking the key features away from the V series? might as well just rename it as G6+ better right? see liao oso not so dulan.

no remove batt, no 2nd display. wtf man?

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A slightly better camera, faster processor, AMOLED screen would be the differentiating factors this time I guess.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
If v30 has AMOLED screen, theorectically it doesn't need the secondary screen as AMOLED can turn on individual pixels to display "AOD" unlike LCD

Dovahkiinskyrim

Reaction score
is LG stupid or what? taking the key features away from the V series? might as well just rename it as G6+ better right? see liao oso not so dulan.

no remove batt, no 2nd display. wtf man?

If it's oled then it doesn't need 2nd display unless they totally abandon the function.

How to removable battery if they want ip68?

Just have to accept it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.