Reaction score
Front Door needs to change - no beat back, inside out all gone
Back Door needs patching
Fender
Bumper
Axle/Suspension
Engine
Bonnet

I think 10K is reasonable, if it includes covering the Van's repairs. I mean the repair cost. The excess is still sky high though. You should have added on $55 for $6,000 excess. At least I would take that option.

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
I think now is more importantly to determine whose insurance should the repair claim, is it your insurance (rental company) or the van's insurance

It seem the van has a dash cam, I believe he is going to use it to his maximum advantage, showing you are driving recklessly which cause him to unable to brake in time.

Do you have the van's particular, vehicle number?

If the repair damages of the car and van are to claimed from your insurance, i think you have to work out the sum.

Of course, you can continue to challenge them on the repair cost for the car and the van. However, rental company may ask you to pay 10k upfront and return you the balance after the repair cost is finalised.

As one of the forumers highlighted, the repair cost to the van and the car may exceed 10k. Better be prepared.

What you can do now is to prove that the van is more likely at fault and prepare money to pay the excess.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damage v jialat, if u wanna reject the 10k. Play on black n white lor, insurance access lol.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot be buang until so jialat and forgot to take down van driver particular?

greddy88

Reaction score
cannot be buang until so jialat and forgot to take down van driver particular?

Might be too shaken after the accident.
I remember my first time I couldn't even talk for a while. Luckily my mom who was my passenger settled it.
Thinking back, the other guy beat the light but turned back to accuse me if doing it instead.
Back then still got no camera..

Apple_Ice

Reaction score
You have to pay that $10,000 insurance excess.

Incremental difference is crap, no need to pay.

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS is such a poor driver who doesn't even noe how he got knocked by van when the accident looked so serious on pictures

Turn into major road without checking for traffic. Good game to u, pay the 10k

SGT plate is renewed coe around 2mths ago. Rental company probably will juz scrap it.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if van knocked into you, how come you are e one liability for damages? if you are liable for 10k xs means you knocked into van, original post abit misleading

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The van hit the car or the car hit the van or half? If can hit the car, not your fault, no excess required.

ccf9966

Reaction score
TS is such a poor driver who doesn't even noe how he got knocked by van when the accident looked so serious on pictures

Turn into major road without checking for traffic. Good game to u, pay the 10k

SGT plate is renewed coe around 2mths ago. Rental company probably will juz scrap it.

i did checked my safety first before i move off..

ccf9966

Reaction score
Front Door needs to change - no beat back, inside out all gone
Back Door needs patching
Fender
Bumper
Axle/Suspension
Engine
Bonnet

I think 10K is reasonable, if it includes covering the Van's repairs. I mean the repair cost. The excess is still sky high though. You should have added on $55 for $6,000 excess. At least I would take that option.

he never let me choose added cost for excess..

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anywayz, to be honest. stop line , did u stop? if not, then is clear cut already.

which delivery company, can share? tks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.