what's your mistake in investment?

Average

Banned
Reaction score
No wonder never see you post at Forex thread liao.

Yes Forex trading is not easy especially gold and oil futures. Sometimes you need to rollover for a few months for price to recover if you do not have a stop loss. But in general if you just trade intraday and close position at the end of each trading day the chances of losing money is 90%.
yea i tried to make a comeback in fx but lost money again... recently tried again and lost again... but my emphasis is on equities now. when got spare cash then gamble fx

Sent from 好心人 using GAGT

zzxiaoboizz

Reaction score
Investment Mistakes

Cut my singpost and sembcorp marine too late, lost 20% and 50% on them
Should have done my homework on time and make a much more decisive decision

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not too bad now if still hold on but of course no yield.

Think this is the fund....

vuuTBY8.jpg

RiceGrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sold Addvalue Tech too early, the high volume and little price movement got me scared, sold for a 4% profit. It rose 50% in a week's time

awful999

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my mistake is i started with fx and crude oil instead of stocks.

wasted 3yrs and thousands of dollars... gambling and thinking i will get better

Sent from 好心人 using GAGT

Me in the other ways round, trading forex n future about half a year make profit about my two year return in stock with only 10% of whole investment portfolo

But last week because of greed in forex, lost about 12% of my profit so far

Note : I am poor in stock trading so can only buy stock for long term investment.

Last edited:

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must review our trading/investing mistakes again and again. Never to repeat it. :o BUT old habits die hard. :(

qs_0ffa066544814611b1e526075c06ba2a.jpg

ChoiSeungHyun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ouchhhh

unless fundamentals change i supposed one won't sell early...

why do you sell?

my mistake is to sell Best World wayyy to early

i bought at 40 cents+ and sold at 60 cents+....
didn't expect it to continue to rise until now LOL

at least got 50% gains leh.. :s12:

wilhal18

Reaction score
So many mistakes I made. started with silver which was so dumb because it was 32 dollars at that time, lost 50% money. i was destroyed. then moved to gold, got crushed again.

and then bought sabana when it was 1 dollar, not 45 cents. lost a lot of money. soooo painful.

sigh, investing is hard.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So many mistakes I made. started with silver which was so dumb because it was 32 dollars at that time, lost 50% money. i was destroyed. then moved to gold, got crushed again.

and then bought sabana when it was 1 dollar, not 45 cents. lost a lot of money. soooo painful.

sigh, investing is hard.

You made concentrated investment which is prone to win big and lose big. Probably try holding more positions instead like a ETF. And ya, you really need to put in some effort if you wanna pick a few things to invest in only.

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should have heeded my advice early. :D

Earning profits to buy big breakfast meals but losing thousand of dollars are usually the outcome for traders.

ok la ur pick for SWKS and AVGO is good la, i got do a bit of homework prior to buy with TA

:s13:

Too bad i zao AVGO before it hit 200..

Last edited:

Dyhalt

Reaction score
If I could go back 20 years and advice myself, I'll tell the young me 3 things

1. Don't make investing decisions when greed & fear is playing tricks on you, thats when you usually make stupid mistakes.

2. Always keep a warchest and don't over invest, because you cannot time a crisis, and people who tells you when something is going to happen is wrong.

3. Biggest investment is yourself, upgrade yourself and you'll see both the world and investment much clearer.

..... and buy AAPL and AMZN if you have spare cash.. lol:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.