Changing of address at police post for BTO

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lets say if i havent collected my keys yet can i change the address at the police post already? what documentation or proof will they require? for 2 weeks i will be staying put at a temp place but i dont want to change to the temp address.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lets say if i havent collected my keys yet can i change the address at the police post already? what documentation or proof will they require? for 2 weeks i will be staying put at a temp place but i dont want to change to the temp address.
Police will need either the current water/electric bill of the new address or the internet bill of the new address for verification. Also, under your IRAS & CPF profile, should have that new address under your property.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but i havent collected my keys all the cpf/iras would still be under my current address. what abt hdb appointment letter to collect keys? can show the police that or not?

46Uvez9.jpg

MortgageSingapore

Reaction score
If you use cpf to pay for the property, you can go to cpf site under 'my cpf withdrawal for properties'
It should reflect the address of the property.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we're doing lump sum payment, not using cpf. also not asking new owner to keep a look out of our letters because i dont trust them. guess worse come to worst will just change mailing address manually for the time being.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we're doing lump sum payment, not using cpf. also not asking new owner to keep a look out of our letters because i dont trust them. guess worse come to worst will just change mailing address manually for the time being.
How are u going to receive ur mails if u haven't collect ur mail box key? Once address change, most govt dept will be updated automatically.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try to submit an Online Pre-Notification of Change of Address?

Hope this link is useful.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=141

thanks but they say the notification letter will be sent to the new address within 7 days so since i dont have the keys yet it wont help. mainly my situation is, im vacating my current place on the 25th july, then im going to stay with a relative. then 2 weeks later on the 11 aug i will collect my keys. i just dont want to change to my relative's address for the time being. but if i were to submit an address change only after i collect my keys then from now until the 11th aug if got letters how?

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks but they say the notification letter will be sent to the new address within 7 days so since i dont have the keys yet it wont help. mainly my situation is, im vacating my current place on the 25th july, then im going to stay with a relative. then 2 weeks later on the 11 aug i will collect my keys. i just dont want to change to my relative's address for the time being. but if i were to submit an address change only after i collect my keys then from now until the 11th aug if got letters how?

Have you tried asking SingPost to redirect your mail?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are u on bad term with the seller?

MortgageSingapore

Reaction score
Are u on bad term with the seller?

Doubt so because TS said is a BTO so should be direct from hdb, is more of TS paranoid of having to rely on the new owner of his current property to retrieve the mail when he move off but yet to move in to the new BTO.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you tried asking SingPost to redirect your mail?

oh ya but its so expensive! plus i only need it for 2 weeks, from the day i vacate til the day i collect my keys which is from 25th july to 11 aug.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.