Nissan note 2017

twinman

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at the Note now and intend to trade in my Jazz (10 years this month-end).

I would like to ask any Note owners here can share

1) Is the side mirror auto fold up when you lock the car using remote key?
2) Is there a option (like a button) to turn on/off so that the electric motor is not cut off when car stop at the traffic light?

During test drive and stop at traffic light, I feel aircon is not running, only fan is blowing fan probably due to electric motor shutdown.

Appreciate the bro here to comments.

twinman

Reaction score
I cant find any forum or owners group for Nissan Note.
Not even in Nissan Car Owners Group.

I can see quite a lot of Note on the road now.

incubus22

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at the Note now and intend to trade in my Jazz (10 years this month-end).

1) Is the side mirror auto fold up when you lock the car using remote key?
2) Is there a option (like a button) to turn on/off so that the electric motor is not cut off when car stop at the traffic light?

During test drive and stop at traffic light, I feel aircon is not running, only fan is blowing fan probably due to electric motor shutdown.

1) Yes
2) Yes

Sent from Sony Xperia XZ! using GAGT

twinman

Reaction score
My advice is go for new jazz instead of note. I think jazz is just a few k more.

That's my desire. Jazz is out of stock since June. As per KM, new model of face-lift model will be in Nov/Dec and will be euro 6. I will not consider PI (Fit). My guess is new Jazz will be in at least 90k if coe stay at 45k and above.

Farisworld

Reaction score
Hi,

1) Is the side mirror auto fold up when you lock the car using remote key? (You'll need to pay $85 or nego with your Sales Advisor to throw this in for free, otherwise you can manually press the button to close it)
2) Is there a option (like a button) to turn on/off so that the electric motor is not cut off when car stop at the traffic light? (Yes, there is a engine start stop off button)

Hi bro,

I am a new owner of the 2017 Nissan Note (Supercharged) premium model. In short, the highest specs out of the 4 being offered by Tan Chong motor. Just recently collected my car around 2 weeks ago.

Same situation like you, I fell in love with Honda Jazz, the sleek design and the price wise. Unfortunately, due to Euro 6, Kah Motor had to clear all their existing stocks of Jazz and according to them, the stocks will come in after September but rumors are saying that there will be a high chances it will be ready by 2018 instead and the price wise won't be as before. Take a look at the Jazz in Malaysia, a lot of new features and trust me, new model means new price. And if you are looking around, Nissan Note is one of the most affordable Jap car available now (COE ranging 40k). I compare with Attrage, Space Star, Bezza, Axia and I come to a conclusion that Nissan is well know for it's reliability. Why not top up a few Ks just to get a more reliable car? Attrage is popular on the road esp with the price ranging 70k+ BUT people might think you're an uber driver. I wanted swift but they sold all of them to prepare for the new batch of swift during the 4th quarter of the year.

Enough of talking, moving on to Nissan Note. I didn't drive test the NON-Supercharged model. But according to most people, it feels like a supercharged model running on ECO mode on. Sluggish to drive but my suggestion is for you to test drive both version to know how it feels. Now been two weeks driving this car. I can easily get 550km full tank, many claimed they can get 700km+ (perhaps I am still running in). Full tank only cost around $65-70 after discount. Interior I have to admit looks cheap especially the gear lever and no radio buttons at steering wheel. Driving at 100km/hr feels super stable no vibrations. My only concerns is being a 3 cylinder engine, when at traffic light or stationary, you can hear the engine sound going on and off which can be irritating for some people. But otherwise, it is a very good point A to point B car with a lot of sophisticated features like keyless entry, start stop, led headlight (premium supercharged only) and many more interesting feature. I bought mine at 88k supercharged premium model, guarantee COE. I even got 3 years of free servicing which I feel is quite a good deal for me.

My best suggestion is for you to go and test drive yourself, you'll probably like it. The best feature I like about the car is the rear legroom. No other hatchback can challenge the leg room in this Nissan Note (other than Nissan Pulsar which is made in Spain not Japan) The legroom reminds me of those old days where taxi have large legroom. If you have the budget, top up 3k to get the extra features (led headlight, eco mode, supercharged, auto climate, rims, leather seat)

Feel free to ask me any questions if you want. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro,

I am a new owner of the 2017 Nissan Note (Supercharged) premium model. In short, the highest specs out of the 4 being offered by Tan Chong motor. Just recently collected my car around 2 weeks ago.

Same situation like you, I fell in love with Honda Jazz, the sleek design and the price wise. Unfortunately, due to Euro 6, Kah Motor had to clear all their existing stocks of Jazz and according to them, the stocks will come in after September but rumors are saying that there will be a high chances it will be ready by 2018 instead and the price wise won't be as before. Take a look at the Jazz in Malaysia, a lot of new features and trust me, new model means new price. And if you are looking around, Nissan Note is one of the most affordable Jap car available now (COE ranging 40k). I compare with Attrage, Space Star, Bezza, Axia and I come to a conclusion that Nissan is well know for it's reliability. Why not top up a few Ks just to get a more reliable car? Attrage is popular on the road esp with the price ranging 70k+ BUT people might think you're an uber driver. I wanted swift but they sold all of them to prepare for the new batch of swift during the 4th quarter of the year.

Enough of talking, moving on to Nissan Note. I didn't drive test the NON-Supercharged model. But according to most people, it feels like a supercharged model running on ECO mode on. Sluggish to drive but my suggestion is for you to test drive both version to know how it feels. Now been two weeks driving this car. I can easily get 550km full tank, many claimed they can get 700km+ (perhaps I am still running in). Full tank only cost around $65-70 after discount. Interior I have to admit looks cheap especially the gear lever and no radio buttons at steering wheel. Driving at 100km/hr feels super stable no vibrations. My only concerns is being a 3 cylinder engine, when at traffic light or stationary, you can hear the engine sound going on and off which can be irritating for some people. But otherwise, it is a very good point A to point B car with a lot of sophisticated features like keyless entry, start stop, led headlight (premium supercharged only) and many more interesting feature. I bought mine at 88k supercharged premium model, guarantee COE. I even got 3 years of free servicing which I feel is quite a good deal for me.

My best suggestion is for you to go and test drive yourself, you'll probably like it. The best feature I like about the car is the rear legroom. No other hatchback can challenge the leg room in this Nissan Note (other than Nissan Pulsar which is made in Spain not Japan) The legroom reminds me of those old days where taxi have large legroom. If you have the budget, top up 3k to get the extra features (led headlight, eco mode, supercharged, auto climate, rims, leather seat)

Feel free to ask me any questions if you want. Just my 2 cents.
Sounds good, especially on the mileage portion, how big is the tank? $70 for a full tank sounds like 50L?

I don't know about Nissan's reliability but it does sound good from what you have experienced. I was looking at the QQ earlier last year, my (ex)-SE thought I was kidding in getting a car, :s13: and I ended up with Mz3 and she got 'angry' with me lol...

Start/Stop, Keyless entry is pretty common these days, I hardly see the twist/turn key anymore, LED headlight is chio though. Done any aesthetics mod to it yet? 88K seems reasonable also. Sounds tempting.

Farisworld

Reaction score
Sounds good, especially on the mileage portion, how big is the tank? $70 for a full tank sounds like 50L?

I don't know about Nissan's reliability but it does sound good from what you have experienced. I was looking at the QQ earlier last year, my (ex)-SE thought I was kidding in getting a car, :s13: and I ended up with Mz3 and she got 'angry' with me lol...

Start/Stop, Keyless entry is pretty common these days, I hardly see the twist/turn key anymore, LED headlight is chio though. Done any aesthetics mod to it yet? 88K seems reasonable also. Sounds tempting.

40L, actually I have never pump full tank before from empty, according to the SE it should cost around 60-70$ for full tank. But yesterday, I pumped $30 from 1/4 it jumped to 3/4.

88k is when COE was 45k... so if you calculate backwards with current coe the price for the top specs should cost around 80k++

One bad thing about this car, aftermarket parts are very hard to get. I am still sourcing for a rear spoiler along with other notes on our whatsapp group and unfortunately we are getting nothing as of now. Most are quoting over 300/400+ for a rear spoiler.

According to some bros, 2016 there was one time Tan Chong Motor throw in free bodykits including spoiler, but for now they no longer sell it already. I think once the market is full of notes, the workshops will starting sourcing for supplier.

Wah you just change car a year ago and want to change again? Hahahah :p

Last edited:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
40L, actually I have never pump full tank before from empty, according to the SE it should cost around 60-70$ for full tank. But yesterday, I pumped $30 from 1/4 it jumped to 3/4.

88k is when COE was 45k... so if you calculate backwards with current coe the price for the top specs should cost around 80k++

One bad thing about this car, aftermarket parts are very hard to get. I am still sourcing for a rear spoiler along with other notes on our whatsapp group and unfortunately we are getting nothing as of now. Most are quoting over 300/400+ for a rear spoiler.

According to some bros, 2016 there was one time Tan Chong Motor throw in free bodykits including spoiler, but for now they no longer sell it already. I think once the market is full of notes, the workshops will starting sourcing for supplier.

Wah you just change car a year ago and want to change again? Hahahah :p
How about spare parts? Let's not talk aftermarket parts, I'm interested in that option as I have a friend who is trying to cough up enough cash for a new ride and was considering Attrage now, so I'm trying to see how Nissan Note will match up in that aspect (which I believe confirm better than Attrage...).

He prefers stock, so I think aftermarket, not much of a concern. The 3 years servicing is very attractive, I do agree.

Farisworld

Reaction score
How about spare parts? Let's not talk aftermarket parts, I'm interested in that option as I have a friend who is trying to cough up enough cash for a new ride and was considering Attrage now, so I'm trying to see how Nissan Note will match up in that aspect (which I believe confirm better than Attrage...).

He prefers stock, so I think aftermarket, not much of a concern. The 3 years servicing is very attractive, I do agree.

Spare parts I believe shouldn't be an issue, Note have been around for pretty some time in SG, to be exact 2014 I think. Just that the car is not as popular as it was launched during those days that COE was at 90k range and priced at 140k which you could easily get an audi now.

Personally, he should get a Perodua Bezza rather than Atrrage. Bezza has a toyota engine. But I do know Singaporeans care so much about branding and status. But if it is a point A to B car with relative low budget, Bezza is affordable at around 65k.

I personally don't like Attrage for it's looks and engine. The engine sounds like it is going to explode anytime lol. Go look how rough the engine sound whenever you see one.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will let him know.

I've driven Attrage, I know the issues/problems.

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bump. Anyone also looking into Note? Thinking to test drive, but still in a "watch & see" market mindset due to COE.

Is it worth to get the 1.2 Dig-s model?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.