Who's ordering the new 10.5" or 12.9" iPad Pro?

jack27

Reaction score
For xiaomi and Anker adapter.. is it charge faster than the apple 29W adapter?
Btw, what apps are you using to edit photos / PDF etc or note taken (apple pencil)?

Last edited:

Maladala

Reaction score
Went to get ipad pro 256 gold on Sat at the Apple store.

Open 1st set, scratches on the back of the ipad.
2nd set, also scratches on bezel n back of the ipad.
3rd set, few dots on apple logo, and a dead pixel on the screen.
4th set - hopefully no issue. (cross fingers)

Well, apple quality check not up to standard? Or mayb I suay.
Nevertheless, apple store provide damn good service and lots of patience with me.
Really thumbs up!

WOW, thats really quite unlucky.. but yes Apple really have one of the best service in the world.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
yesterday at apple store, the sales staff told me the 12.9 model sold out except gold, 512GB. stunned. didnt know so many ppl like 12.9-inch

i also looking for 12.9 ba
i am stuck between 12.9 and 10.5
:(

I Have old ipad but i dont take out. mostly see on the bed.

256gb enough or not. not sure if i shld go for 512gb since under phone plan, top up of $270 vs $300

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Nevertheless, apple store provide damn good service and lots of patience with me.
Really thumbs up!

:s22::s22::s22: scratches thats new from box is unacceptable liao

symbiote28

Reaction score
how is the collection process @ apple orchard? order online, then go there to check and collect? confirm no need check id?

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
how is the collection process @ apple orchard? order online, then go there to check and collect? confirm no need check id?
they will send u an email and text message on the collection. they will advise you to add it to your Wallet app.

when you reach the apple store, just inform the staff you re collecting items. they will scan the QR code and check your ID for verification. then re-confirm the item(s) you ordered.

within a few minutes, the items will be brought out for you to check.

if you bought online through employee purchase program (for some companies got special discounts), no need to show staff ID. not too sure about education discount items though.

symbiote28

Reaction score
they will send u an email and text message on the collection. they will advise you to add it to your Wallet app.

when you reach the apple store, just inform the staff you re collecting items. they will scan the QR code and check your ID for verification. then re-confirm the item(s) you ordered.

within a few minutes, the items will be brought out for you to check.

if you bought online through employee purchase program (for some companies got special discounts), no need to show staff ID. not too sure about education discount items though.

thanks for the info. don't know where to get the ipad pro. wanted from telco but sold out. will be paying as low as (appx $300 + 15*24 months) for the item. if from store, close to 1.2k. but kinda wanted it asap to start preparation for work purposes.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Collect at apple store no need to produce education id. But buying from Apple store @ orchard needs you to produce id..
Upz....if you are wondering need produce education id. And yes they didnt check mine too... bought the logic pro x and final cut bundle also didnt check.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
If u buy from telco, the total costs over 24 months add up even more than if you buy straight from Apple or other retailers.

Upfront payment might seem low, but over 24 months, you are actually paying more.

thanks for the info. don't know where to get the ipad pro. wanted from telco but sold out. will be paying as low as (appx $300 + 15*24 months) for the item. if from store, close to 1.2k. but kinda wanted it asap to start preparation for work purposes.

symbiote28

Reaction score
If u buy from telco, the total costs over 24 months add up even more than if you buy straight from Apple or other retailers.

Upfront payment might seem low, but over 24 months, you are actually paying more.

yes but for my case, the data plan will not be paid by me. i'm only paying for the $15 top up. so i'm just taking the figures for what i have to pay so that will be:

15*24 = 360
ipad pro 256 wifi+4g = 455
455+360 = 815

haven't used up my ns50 and prestige vouchers.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
You guys realised theres an embedded sim in the ipad pro for the cellular models. But the plans are si beh expensive.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score

Really thumbs up!

guess need go back apple store again liao.
found any dead pixel after all my set up done.
zzzz.

tt88

Reaction score
guess need go back apple store again liao.
found any dead pixel after all my set up done.
zzzz.

Hi,

May I know what Spec U brought?
I mean what colour & size? Is it Black 256GB Wifi with Celluar?
So that those who are buying the same model at Apple Store Orchard, need to be alert!

Also, How & Where to spot the Defects?
Do U mind to share Photo of the Defects?

Maybe a rough Sketch of the iPad Pro to show where the faults are ...
1st set, 2nd set, 3rd set, 4th set & Present one ...

Thanks!

Last edited:

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow! I guess sometimes I don't even manage to see

I didnt manage to see when i open up n check. Until I browse something on a white screen then saw it. After tat, it become a something that cant be unseen. LOL

Well you're indeed suay.. I got so many apple devices before, didn't even manage to get so many cosmetic defects in one purchase.. Lol..

Really suay, My apple watch no problem. Iphone no problem. Macbook pro exchanged 1 time due to scratches. This ipad pro, tonight it is gonna be my 5th set.

Hi,

May I know what Spec U brought?
I mean what colour & size? Is it Black 256GB Wifi with Celluar?
So that those who are buying the same model at Apple Store Orchard, need to be alert!

Also, How & Where to spot the Defects?
Do U mind to share Photo of the Defects?

Maybe a rough Sketch of the iPad Pro to show where the faults are ...
1st set, 2nd set, 3rd set, 4th set & Present one ...

Thanks!

pro 256 gold with cellular. 1st set is apple logo, 2nd set is thick scratch on bezel, 3rd set is dead pixel at btm left. 4th set (now) dead pixel at top left.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.