NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercurialxy

Reaction score
Got people who re-appeal which is somehow possible apparently.

Anyway, mostly now is for matriculation matters liao

yep i still have an SMU business still pending in the system apparently (even after i accepted NTU in the JAE in June)

so i guess it's still possible.

Mercurialxy

Reaction score
and to Heriophant, sorry can't reply apparently forum needs me to have more post counts..

I have no idea, they have yet to release the full schedule/detailed timeline for camps activties and etc!

giantgreypigeon

Reaction score
i'm thinking between econs and global studies, but i dont think there is a camp for the latter pfffffft.

i've already gotten my nus card and completed registration, i had accepted another nus course before my appeal was successful hahah! anyway i'll drop you a message soon enough, thank you for the kind offer!

see you ard in school :)

What major are you interested in? Yeah, most camp registration unfortunately has closed. Union camp which is the cross faculty camp had some places open up last minute but I don't know if there's still any left. If you're interested, you can always pm me about it.

Oh yeah, you need 10 posts to be able to pm so just post around till you hit it haha. There's a whatsapp group for FASS freshies to let you get up to speed on NUS FASS matters since most of us already have done all the registration details and got our student cards.

Yeah, arts O week registration was crazy. The registration period was supposed to be 2 days but they closed it for females within one hour of registration opening since so many girls were signing up and not enough guys :s13:

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking between econs and global studies, but i dont think there is a camp for the latter pfffffft.

i've already gotten my nus card and completed registration, i had accepted another nus course before my appeal was successful hahah! anyway i'll drop you a message soon enough, thank you for the kind offer!

see you ard in school :)

Yeah, global studies and political science didn't have camps. Really depends on how popular the major is to justify camps I guess?

Like English lit camp is only 2 days for instance. Did you get the email regarding FASS talks and such?

giantgreypigeon

Reaction score
not really, i've only submitted my acceptance form over the weekend, so i guess the office still needs some time to transfer me into the fass contacts haha. but i'm unlikely to make it la, i'll be at another camp keke

are there any other upcoming events in fass i should take note of?

Yeah, global studies and political science didn't have camps. Really depends on how popular the major is to justify camps I guess?

Like English lit camp is only 2 days for instance. Did you get the email regarding FASS talks and such?

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not really, i've only submitted my acceptance form over the weekend, so i guess the office still needs some time to transfer me into the fass contacts haha. but i'm unlikely to make it la, i'll be at another camp keke

are there any other upcoming events in fass i should take note of?

What camp is that? Your previous faculty camp? Kinda awkward when you tell them "actually, I'm going FASS" haha.

Well, I guess there should be the usual orientation activities after arts o week camp. Most of it is you have to register though. I have 3 camps in 3 straight weeks :s13:

giantgreypigeon

Reaction score
no lah! rc camp. so at the very least i still can make some friends even if i miss out the fass oweek

3 weeks of camp? that sounds insane!!! i had to apply for leave from work to go camp :0

What camp is that? Your previous faculty camp? Kinda awkward when you tell them "actually, I'm going FASS" haha.

Well, I guess there should be the usual orientation activities after arts o week camp. Most of it is you have to register though. I have 3 camps in 3 straight weeks :s13:

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no lah! rc camp. so at the very least i still can make some friends even if i miss out the fass oweek

3 weeks of camp? that sounds insane!!! i had to apply for leave from work to go camp :0

Oh RC camp. Which RC you going to stay in?

bellexgnxlxy

Reaction score
what are the chances of getting a university placement from SMU right now? i'm currently processing my full time job in replacement for uni for one year so that i won't waste my time hahah, i think chances are quite slim right? i'm afraid that once i applied and confirm my job i get my placement for uni :/ (if possible hahaha)

Kodaliner

Reaction score
What course did you apply for? Was your's a pending appeal or new application?

what are the chances of getting a university placement from SMU right now? i'm currently processing my full time job in replacement for uni for one year so that i won't waste my time hahah, i think chances are quite slim right? i'm afraid that once i applied and confirm my job i get my placement for uni :/ (if possible hahaha)

giantgreypigeon

Reaction score
well, my senior got an offer from smu only after her orientation at simGE ended, but idk how likely this happens soooo

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
swee. rvrc also falls on same dates as fass falks? that's nice hahaha

Yah, RVRC falls on the same dates as the FASS talks so that's why I'm not going. I think the FASS talks organized are on 26th and 27th.

I am going for FASS guardians though on the 24th which is like a mini orientation camp to teach freshies about FASS and how to survive. Then RVRC camp on the 25th :o

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don't know about SMU. They are very slow and love to take their time. I was already busy preparing for orientation camps at NUS when SMU emailed me their rejection :s13:

If you don't mind sharing, what are you applying for and your grades?

yuxdzx

Reaction score
Yah, RVRC falls on the same dates as the FASS talks so that's why I'm not going. I think the FASS talks organized are on 26th and 27th.

I am going for FASS guardians though on the 24th which is like a mini orientation camp to teach freshies about FASS and how to survive. Then RVRC camp on the 25th :o

Busy leh you. I'm only going for o week camp lol. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.