[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already booked two nights at wulai though. can still cancel for both the diary hotel and full moon. free cancellation on hotels.com till sept 29

probably won't take sbs bus with luggage.
luggage will be one med and one small. manage ah chain up and drag lo the most.

Posted with 2014811 via PCWX

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already booked two nights at wulai though. can still cancel for both the diary hotel and full moon. free cancellation on hotels.com till sept 29

probably won't take sbs bus with luggage.
luggage will be one med and one small. manage ah chain up and drag lo the most.

One night wulai will suffice.
If you want, one night in Jiufen is not bad either.

ixora2007

Reaction score
thanks calkel20.
my flight is at 8.20am, i just hope i have enough time (that is no need to run to the gate) to clear custom & board my flight after waiting for the shop to open at 7am.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks calkel20.
my flight is at 8.20am, i just hope i have enough time (that is no need to run to the gate) to clear custom & board my flight after waiting for the shop to open at 7am.

T3 is quite okay with clearing.
Alternatively, you can also try calling them and tell them you will need how many and collect at 7am.
I did that for durian empire at T2 though.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are the things i can consider buying back from Taiwan?

牛肉干
凤梨酥
太阳饼
泡面
台湾香肠
台啤
2017-07-14_69522.7400981715.jpg

Kavalan

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I hand carry or check in the Taiwan beer? Do I need to empty the cans?

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One night wulai will suffice.
If you want, one night in Jiufen is not bad either.

ok made the reservation changes request to stay from 28 SEP at full moon spa and check out on 29 SEP at full moon spa

check in 1 week sep29 night at diary of Taipei m hotel to Oct 6th . but I have an issue with the jiufen cause we would be wasting 104 bucks on one of the nights at dairy of Taipei m hotel if we choose to stay overnight at jiufen on the 4th festival night.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok made the reservation changes request to stay from 28 SEP at full moon spa and check out on 29 SEP at full moon spa

check in 1 week sep29 night at diary of Taipei m hotel to Oct 6th . but I have an issue with the jiufen cause we would be wasting 104 bucks on one of the nights at dairy of Taipei m hotel if we choose to stay overnight at jiufen on the 4th festival night.

Can call in to change if you want.
Night view of keelung is beautiful.

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone struggling in deciding to buy iPass or easycard (一通卡 or 悠游卡).

After much research, it seems iPass is a better option because it can be used in Kaohsiung as well (unlike easy card) and it has higher discount... Correct?

But can I use iPass as Cash card as in 7-11 and night markets? And how much should I load up for 8 days stay in Taiwan?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

After much research, it seems iPass is a better option because it can be used in Kaohsiung as well (unlike easy card) and it has higher discount... Correct?

But can I use iPass as Cash card as in 7-11 and night markets? And how much should I load up for 8 days stay in Taiwan?

Yes you should be able to use.
8 days?
Depends on usage.
200 each time is good.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes you should be able to use.
8 days?
Depends on usage.
200 each time is good.

so 一通卡 ish buy from seven? only kaoshiung sell or taipei also can get?

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can call in to change if you want.
Night view of keelung is beautiful.

hmm that would involve checking out on the 4 and then checking in on the 5th.

I worried since check out time is at 11am and check in time generally is at 3pm whether we will be able to find a room again on the 5th because we fly on the 6th back to Singapore

Posted with E6883 via PCWX

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to change NTD from SGD in Taiwan and is the rate good? Would not like to change too much NTD, for I foresee my next trip could be a year later.

The rate at airport now is 21.02...

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My understanding for 一卡通 is you can only seek refunds (return the card and collect the balance) in Kaohsiung rail stations. So not advisable to load too much monies in it.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to change NTD from SGD in Taiwan and is the rate good? Would not like to change too much NTD, for I foresee my next trip could be a year later.

The rate at airport now is 21.02...
Not easy.
Only banks offer better rates than shopping malls.
Anything else I will pay by card, paywave or even apple pay.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm might give the lungshan temple a miss because my mum isnt the religious sort unless it's just history and picture taking. our mandarin isn't that great so the history of words need to have an English translation somewhere else I would get a half baked understanding while reading

Posted with E6883 via PCWX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.