rental car 10k excess...

hoboonhua

Reaction score
i think its most likely civil, no govt will step in, at most maybe CASE. personally, i will think twice or nv go for such deal if i see the clause that its 10k excess for damage. 10k excess is as good as you pay for the entire repair.
Not even case will help. You signed a contact knowning the excess is 10k, got into an accident then you pay.i dont find anything wrong with that.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree, all I want was to do something I like, to earn more money to support my family, and instead I kena accident and need to pay more than I can earn, with my Father heart condition, he can't work Long hours and thus lesser money. So their savings is not much. Sorry if it affect you. But I really need this money

Ok sorry didnt know e background. I will recommend u to share e full reason for e crowdfund and also e family bkground..why u doing this why you need e money etc..so ppl may show more empathy

Otherwise ppl may think its some young punks who want to own a car without financial means and expect public to bail them out when e unfortunate happens..this will not be a compelling case

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, taxi drivers are gloating over your case.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lmao what greater purpose?

Bong qiu qiu crowd funded to fight her court case against some lame influencer.

Crowd funded money, loaned, steal or rob, who cares. All money good money!

Bon qiuqiu is seriously lame. I will never donate a single cent to her

I donated to e young ns man who lost e mobility due to viral infection. It was a recent case and a cause worth giving

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chew cheng feng, the crowdfunding is for people more worse than you lah.

ccf9966

Reaction score
alright i learnt my mistake im gonna remove everything. sorry for the trouble guys

ive learn my mistake. im sorry for bothering all of u

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ive learn my mistake. im sorry for bothering all of u

From the way u wrote on the crowd funding. U r blaming the speeding van. However most of the drivers felt that car from minor road must always give way to major road. I am sure there is a stop line when u approach the junction.

u should just admit it and blamed your inexperienced that caused this accident.

By admitting. U r telling other u r learning from this mistake and will be more careful next time. But with your I am right the van is wrong mentality. Everyone loves to see u off the road.

Sorry for being harsh. Hope u get a angel that help u to pull through. Maybe u should consider buy your lancer car plate and van plate 4 d number..

Last edited:

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
U really learned it from a hard way

Now u may wana find someone who is old and experience enough to nego with their boss. See whether is there any other solution.

And for the van driver, see whether he wana settle outside. As in u pay for the repair cost if its below the excess

But looking at the photo, chances r low.

hoboonhua

Reaction score
From the way u wrote on the crowd funding. U r blaming the speeding van. However most of the drivers felt that car from minor road must always give way to major road. I am sure there is a stop line when u approach the junction.

u should just admit it and blamed your inexperienced that caused this accident.

By admitting. U r telling other u r learning from this mistake and will be more careful next time. But with your I am right the van is wrong mentality. Everyone loves to see u off the road.

Sorry for being harsh. Hope u get a angel that help u to pull through. Maybe u should consider buy your lancer car plate and van plate 4 d number..
Ya lah.. dont push the blame to the van, just admit it is your fault!

iamveryguailan

Master Member
Reaction score
This is an unfortunate case of inexperience. Yellow box doesn't give ts the right of way to chiong out

In sg, a lot of people don't care about yellow boxes and will just stop right in front of you.

I suggest you find a way to negotiate with the rental firm a lower amount, maybe 6-7k.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest you approach the rental co, work out a repayment installment plan (with interest).

Or you approach a relative borrow with IOU (+ interest). Next time be wiser.

Even if the van was going at 180kmh, it's still your fault. Small road come out, confirm is lose.

Lesson learnt, just move on. Focus on repayment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.