Lasik eye Surgery

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
main-qimg-2b0338d4e368d82d753a31962ed9ca15.webp

Seemed like the no cut no flap epi lasik is best ?

Got pros and cons. But the cons is making what a lot of people having regrets initially. I did the Lasek option. You won't really see clear vision until weeks/months later, unlike Lasik, where clear vision is almost instant. My op was last thursday. Immediately after the surgery, vision was definitely much better then pre surgery without glasses. However that lasted for only like a day. Since then until now, vision has been blurry. Clear vision is usually expected within weeks if not months, depending on individual eyes healing. Today is my 1 week check up where my BCL will be removed. Hopefully, the removal of the BCL will clear up my vision abit

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got pros and cons. But the cons is making what a lot of people having regrets initially. I did the Lasek option. You won't really see clear vision until weeks/months later, unlike Lasik, where clear vision is almost instant. My op was last thursday. Immediately after the surgery, vision was definitely much better then pre surgery without glasses. However that lasted for only like a day. Since then until now, vision has been blurry. Clear vision is usually expected within weeks if not months, depending on individual eyes healing. Today is my 1 week check up where my BCL will be removed. Hopefully, the removal of the BCL will clear up my vision abit

Dun worry, it does take a while to recover. But when it does, you will have little regret as you will not have the thought of the flap dislocating hanging over you.

Wishdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

notorand

Reaction score
Just finished 1 week review. Doc say is fine just that cause my cornea skin loose and there is some rough surface which causes the ghosting but shld resolve within a month. I guess that is just asking me to wait it out. As it heals it will tighten.

He will give me an ointment to put at night as lubricating will help in the healing process. Gonna spam eye drops every hour now.

One more thing is that I thought bandage lens will affect my vision. Turns out there is no effect, but definitely more comfy

Sent from Motorola MOTO G (4) using GAGT

KYLee

Reaction score
So what's the main diff between epi-lasik and clear vision trans prk? Research until blur.. I tot they are the same? Just that during the first step when removing the ephlitium, one uses blunt equipment and the other simply just laser it off? Recovery wise should be same right? How come epi-lasik is so much safer den the prk?

TwinHeartzzz

Reaction score
So what's the main diff between epi-lasik and clear vision trans prk? Research until blur.. I tot they are the same? Just that during the first step when removing the ephlitium, one uses blunt equipment and the other simply just laser it off? Recovery wise should be same right? How come epi-lasik is so much safer den the prk?
i think clearvision used to do epilasik. which is what i went for last time. vision still good and no dry eyes at all. my brother did the newer version of epilasik, the trans prk few months back. its using laser only, so better results & more accurate, i guess?

hsiaowen

Reaction score
My brother is in his early 40s, another friend also same. They both separately mentioned they want to do Lasik. Advisable for them at this age to do?

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still studying. Thinking of doing lasik. Wearing glasses is damn troublesome. But got installment plan bo ah. Planning to do it before going for exchange next year.

light84

Reaction score
My brother is in his early 40s, another friend also same. They both separately mentioned they want to do Lasik. Advisable for them at this age to do?

Presbyopia will worsen and this is something which Lasik can't fix.

You can request them to ask for monovision which one eye has some slight myopia so that eye can be used to focus on near objects while the other fully corrected eye is used to focus on far objects.

KYLee

Reaction score
who did their surgery at clearvision by Dr Tony Ho? just attended his talk today, he appears to be frustrated easily when asked about questions. wonder how is he 1-to-1 when doing the procedure itself?

notorand

Reaction score
Day 12
Vision on left eye that has loose cornea skin suddenly improve when I woke up this morning. Ghosting visibly improved though still slightly exists. Have been putting eye drop everyday after post-op 7 day review and it helps. The duratears ointment at night helps in the healing process. Not 6/6 yet but happy to see good improvement

Sent from Motorola MOTO G (4) using GAGT

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Day 12 Lasek update from me:

Vision tends to fluctuate such that on a good day, I can see very clearly. My right eye tends to heal fast than my left eye. As a result, it causes frequent headache. Vision is definitely much better than pre surgery without specs now. I am on duratears ointment and also another gel lubricant which I'm suppose to apply 3 times daily. In addition, I also regularly put the Alcon artificial eye drop every hour which aids in the healing process.

robertqkk

Reaction score
Hi, anyone has gone for lasik at Lasik Surgery Clinic and able to provide honest feedback?

Been reading this thread and the reviews of LSC seems to be quite mixed, esp. with Dr Marc sued for performing Lasik on someone who was obviously not suitable for it... Nervous and apprehensive as if he screws up, I only have 1 pair of eyes lol ;p

hsiaowen

Reaction score
Presbyopia will worsen and this is something which Lasik can't fix.

You can request them to ask for monovision which one eye has some slight myopia so that eye can be used to focus on near objects while the other fully corrected eye is used to focus on far objects.

Thanks for the insight!:)

hsiaowen

Reaction score
At what age did you do Lasik?

Day 12 Lasek update from me:

Vision tends to fluctuate such that on a good day, I can see very clearly. My right eye tends to heal fast than my left eye. As a result, it causes frequent headache. Vision is definitely much better than pre surgery without specs now. I am on duratears ointment and also another gel lubricant which I'm suppose to apply 3 times daily. In addition, I also regularly put the Alcon artificial eye drop every hour which aids in the healing process.

HCS_HCS

Reaction score
7th month update: Glares and Holos vision still persist specially under low light environment. Dry eyes condition still on and off, which requires eyedrops to relieve them.

FYI, I did Lasik at EEC with Dr J Theng last Dec.

Estimated spent about $3720/- that include surgery fee, medication and 3 post reviews.

light84

Reaction score
7th month update: Glares and Holos vision still persist specially under low light environment. Dry eyes condition still on and off, which requires eyedrops to relieve them.

FYI, I did Lasik at EEC with Dr J Theng last Dec.

Estimated spent about $3720/- that include surgery fee, medication and 3 post reviews.

Under dark environment, your pupil is most dilated / at its largest size. If the ablation zone of the cornea is less than your dilated pupil size, this may be one of the reason why there is halo and glare. Maybe this is something which you can ask.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.