Feedback on PMP course centre

EvilPaladin

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry to necro this up -

Anyone taken the PMP test at StudyWorks in Bukit Timah? is there something to be aware of when taking the exams there compared to NTUC HUB?

Not asking for exam tips or what, just saying if there locker, stuff like that etc, etc

KenneK88Y

Reaction score
Hi Seniors,

I am new here and and stuck between these 2 options, hence would like to seek your advice on which training centre and trainer is better.

1. Ntuc (Jeff Foo)
2. Bridgingminds (Vijayakumar.C - Mr. Vijay)

Thank you and appreciate your help.

Last edited:

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do I know I'm qualified to take up PMP certification? Is it a must to lead projects for a number of years, since 4,500 hours can take a while?

sohcheekeong

Reaction score
hello I have a question on this too
I emailed NTUC
and I saw that if it is a company sponsored than the course fee can go to $263.50

I'm wondering if anyone try to like register a company and send theselves for the program so that it is cheaper. I'm not 40 yet, 35 and looking for work

Do you have a WTS letter? If you do you may qualify for 95% funding. PM me for more details.

cis2910

Reaction score
sorry to necro this up -

Anyone taken the PMP test at StudyWorks in Bukit Timah? is there something to be aware of when taking the exams there compared to NTUC HUB?

Not asking for exam tips or what, just saying if there locker, stuff like that etc, etc

In Dec2016, when I tried to book for PMP exam, there is only 1 centre in Singapore allowed by Prometric to take PMP exam, so no choice, I took my exam at StudyWorks-Bukit Timah.

On the day of exam, the staff there told me Prometric had recently made stringent to exam centre (to tighten security in exam centre), so they are the only centre at that time (Jan2107). Not sure, if more centre are available now since I have passed my pmp in Jan2017.

Indeed, the security are tightened, before you sit for your exam, they do a body search, asked you to empty your pockets, unfold your sleeves and trousers to make ure no notes hide in it. you are not allowed to bring in sweets, drinks. You will told not to write any notes when viewing the introduction video, as the staff will watch you from the cctv, and if they found you start writing notes while viewing the intro video, they will confiscate your notes.

Lastly, the exam room is very cold, make sure you bring along a sweater. Good luck.

Last edited:

cis2910

Reaction score
Last edited:

RyanKing

Reaction score
I have to admit that PMP is the most challenging certification exam I have to study for since I started working, it is super dry, and getting all the online resources and books didn't really enable me to absorb as much as I thought that I could. My exam is less than 2 months away. Gawd.

my methods so far:

1. Get the 35 hr PDU course through Udemy and claim through SkillsFuture

2. Spend $129 register as PMI member and then $405 to book the PMP exam.

3. If you got audited like I did, be prepared to get your boss to endorse the projects that you have completed so far

4. After scheduling the exam on Prometric website, grab a used copy of Rita's PMP 8th Ed (updated) on Carousell and begin to burn the brain cells. (additionally i bought some other books, but end up Rita is still most direct).

5. I have to say PMP is a super super dry knowledge to attain, but gaining the knowledge, whether you pass the exam or not, will make you understand why some real life projects succeed and why some fail miserably.

6. If anyone in the next 2 months going for the exam and want to study together and staying in NorthEast area, I am willing to form a study group and help one another pass by sharing knowledge, because, doing this alone is really not .. fun.

I tried this method and it works! The best part is it was selling at a promo rate of SGD 22!

I made a small tweak. Instead of Rita's I bought Andy Crowe's book. It should me better as I feel the Rita's one comes with too much details.

Also, I signed-up for PM Exam Simulator . The exam simulator is good. The way they word the question is quite close to the actual exam although I would say the actual exam is still slightly more difficult.

This is one of the cheapest way to pass the exam. Total damage including PMP exam and PMI membership is less than 1k. I would like to thank Renny for sharing the link to Udemy.

lewiskoh24

Reaction score
Hi all , Sorry for the off track of this post as this is the closer PM thread i can find here...

Any thoughts on PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner for all lao jiao here?

Usually PRINCE2 is popular in what industry in SG? :s12::s12:

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all , Sorry for the off track of this post as this is the closer PM thread i can find here...

Any thoughts on PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner for all lao jiao here?

Usually PRINCE2 is popular in what industry in SG? :s12::s12:

PRINCE2 is cheaper (I think) but popular in Australia and Europe, PMP popular for the other countries

lewiskoh24

Reaction score
In singapore context leh? popular now? Dont know in sg which industry support prince2 leh.. but PMP is like gold for any industry though..

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In singapore context leh? popular now? Dont know in sg which industry support prince2 leh.. but PMP is like gold for any industry though..

Other countries = incl Singapore lah

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even PMP is about 'Certified Project Manager', it does not have any value expect in IT industry in Singapore.

moisuperman

Master Member
Reaction score
the way is to take ITIL foundations than can take CAPM is it ? then can take PMP ?

Can i even apply even though i do not have 4,500 hours ... hmmmm

Last edited:

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the way is to take ITIL foundations than can take CAPM is it ? then can take PMP ?

Can i even apply even though i do not have 4,500 hours ... hmmmm

CAPM got requirements meh?

PMP the 4500 hrs got no way ard it

nvr heard of itil -> capm -> pmp path btw

Babadook

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry to necro this up -

Did my pmp test there. Place is goid, no complains. the exam hall is packed but ur cubical is shielded n isolated. Beware the room is cold. Also 1 toilet only.

but u will benefit from the good fung zheui that BT brings

Sergios

Reaction score
was audited

i did my pmp, and was audited. got my senior colleague to endorse my project experience and sent the documents to USA for audit.
i hear if you write your application in a certain way, they will not pcik you for audit.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i did my pmp, and was audited. got my senior colleague to endorse my project experience and sent the documents to USA for audit.
i hear if you write your application in a certain way, they will not pcik you for audit.

heng suay one lah

Gkw.alvin

Reaction score
Exam prepare for November 2017

Hi , Anybody schedule to take exam coming November 2017 ?

Maybe we can study and helping each other ~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.